• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doctor Who

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree that this season has been very bad so far... im still going to watch, more because there has been nothing else new on tv recently...

i actually liked 73 yards... maybe it was because the DR was not in it at all... not sure... probably my favourite this season so far... had a good mystery feel for most of the episode... not sure whether the conclusion paid off for me...

i also did not mind devils chord until the musical number that ended it... that ruined that episode for me... so much that it probably was my least favourite as well...

Dot and Bubble had very interesting ideas... and wasnt bad... felt more like a black mirror episode... until it wasnt... the characters were unlikable, but that was by design... so i am kind of on the crossroads on that episode... ill give it credit for the attempt... just not an entertaining watch...

boom was the only CLASSIC DR WHO ESQUE episode we have had so far...
Can’t argue with anything here.

I would just say that 73 Yards was a mystery, but it was full of plot holes and it didn’t have any resolution to any of the questions that it raised. If the old lady was supposed to be Ruby, when did Ruby do that? And what did she tell everyone to make them run away and treat Ruby like a plague rat? And why “73” yards? No logical explanation to anything that happened. Like with most post-50th Who, very Mary Sue.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t argue with anything here.

I would just say that 73 Yards was a mystery, but it was full of plot holes and it didn’t have any resolution to any of the questions that it raised. If the old lady was supposed to be Ruby, when did Ruby do that? And what did she tell everyone to make them run away and treat Ruby like a plague rat? And why “73” yards? No logical explanation to anything that happened. Like with most post-50th Who, very Mary Sue.

I do think you are right that it has to get a callback later on this season. Or in future seasons. It kind of has to. Especially since the old woman of death still exists.

also you can’t unload a story about an evil politician without bringing him back.

If they do the call back well then that would make 73 yards even a better episode.

I feel like they have to do a callback to dot and bubble as well. As they recognized the mother and the last name. But could not place it.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well @calsnowskier guess this will be your last dr who episode!!! Lol

It was inevitable with the casting of the new doctor that they would have an awkward episode that highlighted the lbgq community. Sure the tranny maestro did too. But that was just a character. This had the plot as well

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well @calsnowskier guess this will be your last dr who episode!!! Lol

It was inevitable with the casting of the new doctor that they would have an awkward episode that highlighted the lbgq community. Sure the tranny maestro did too. But that was just a character. This had the plot as well
Pure transformation into Queer as Folk. This is a complete, 100% hijacking. It is no longer the same show. RTD was able to keep it in his pants during his first run, but this time around, he is letting his snapping fingers fly.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pure transformation into Queer as Folk. This is a complete, 100% hijacking. It is no longer the same show. RTD was able to keep it in his pants during his first run, but this time around, he is letting his snapping fingers fly.

The good thing is that the love interest has been sent somewhere that the doctor can’t reach. Not yet at least. So we don’t have to see any of that any time soon.

Which means the next episodes should be more standard. I would assume.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good thing is that the love interest has been sent somewhere that the doctor can’t reach. Not yet at least. So we don’t have to see any of that any time soon.

Which means the next episodes should be more standard. I would assume.
The doctor didn’t care that much about his freaking wife. But he is moved to tears by some dude he met and lost within a few hours.

Maybe the doctor is suffering from dementia in his old age and simply can’t control his emotions any longer?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The doctor didn’t care that much about his freaking wife. But he is moved to tears by some dude he met and lost within a few hours.

Maybe the doctor is suffering from dementia in his old age and simply can’t control his emotions any longer?

an actual good episode this week... took long enough... no music... no weird wokeness... just straight up story line... from start to finish... and a fun one too...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
an actual good episode this week... took long enough... no music... no weird wokeness... just straight up story line... from start to finish... and a fun one too...
Not a fan of the “to be continued” aspect, but that is different kind of complaint.

This episode was legit solid. About time.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of the “to be continued” aspect, but that is different kind of complaint.

This episode was legit solid. About time.

I do wonder if it was so good because it has been so bad recently. Or if it was really as good as i thought it was.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do wonder if it was so good because it has been so bad recently. Or if it was really as good as i thought it was.
I was thinking about that as I watched it. And while there may be a bit of truth in that statement, I think it was still a legit good episode. Not Day of the Doctor good, of course, but maybe on par with Pandorica (maybe not since this whole episode was basically just everyone standing around reading a radio play)?

I hope all the references to Susan Foreman are not going to just end up being red herrings, though. I was excited for this storyline because I wanted them to address her in a meaningful way. Though, they still might (afterall, he seems to have forgotten about Jenny, his actual daughter).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to do with nothing, but I just stumbled across this and found it interesting…

Arthur Darvill (Rory) and Jody Whitaker (13) were born on the exact same day (June 17, 1982).