• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you have a problem with this....

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell you that a pro athlete going out will catch a buzz pretty quick. I'm not buying the story of mass quantities and shit-faced.

If you had a pro workout on Friday and go out friday night and catch a buzz, no I don't have a problem with it. 4 bottles for a team of 2-300 pounders?

..[By the way, That was some pretty funny shit Eric.../QUOTE]

What part..I have said a lot..LOL

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! And If no one pays, they don't play. I am sure you know how it works. So yes, I think they owe it to the fans to be at their best.

Yeah sure no one will pay, I am sure the stadiums are empty. You are aware that has never happened in the history of the league. And again to reiterate, you choose to pay no one is focing you. And the players owe you nothing, I am sure you would like it to be that way in your warm fuzzy world but the realty is they owe nothing at all to you.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the players owe you nothing, I am sure you would like it to be that way in your warm fuzzy world but the realty is they owe nothing at all to you.

Complete and utter bullshit. They owe their very living to the fans.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the players owe you nothing, I am sure you would like it to be that way in your warm fuzzy world but the realty is they owe nothing at all to you.

Complete and utter bullshit. They owe their very living to the fans.

Bottom line the players play for the owners and the organization really can't fathom how this is not understood. The owners owe it to the fans to put the best product on the field not the players.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell you that a pro athlete going out will catch a buzz pretty quick. I'm not buying the story of mass quantities and shit-faced.

If you had a pro workout on Friday and go out friday night and catch a buzz, no I don't have a problem with it. 4 bottles for a team of 2-300 pounders?

By the way, That was some pretty funny shit Eric.....

No they won't. I guarantee you most of them can get a couple bottles out of their body completely by the next morning. If they had a bottle apiece friday it has no impact on Sunday at all.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! And If no one pays, they don't play. I am sure you know how it works. So yes, I think they owe it to the fans to be at their best.

I think you'd lose more people if punishing players for this was the norm than if it was common knowledge they drank handles a night each. You realize some of the biggest sponsors are alcohol, right? Most fans would rather they be real people.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric you are right dont worry about it,my biggest concern is maybe they were still drunk they way they played sunday

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they won't. I guarantee you most of them can get a couple bottles out of their body completely by the next morning. If they had a bottle apiece friday it has no impact on Sunday at all.

I used to go through a tough workout and have ONE glass of wine afterwards. I'm pretty sure I can drink most of you under the table but that ONE glass of wine after a workout gave me a pretty good buzz.
It was very relaxing, didn't hurt my game and it was certainly not a case of being "shit faced"
You might not know it if you were a "fan" and thought you caught me being bad before a game.

Try 2 hours of cardio some time and then have ONE drink. You'll believe me.

I'm assuming you understand I was questioning someone saying 4 bottles over an evening divided by a whole football team is not heavy drinking.....

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think they're drinking straight after a workout? Friday's walk throughs

4 bottles among two of them isn't all that heavy drinking.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think they're drinking straight after a workout? Friday's walk throughs

4 bottles among two of them isn't all that heavy drinking.

Bottles of what? I was saying 4 bottles of hard liquor for the whole team is not much. Are you saying four fifths of hard liquor is not much for two people. I think I'm confused.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. That is nothing.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this thread: We learn which Pats fans have a drinking problem.