• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dan Snyder, You have a problem!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for you two guys or anyone else that wants to chime in...Do you see Snyder, after seeing all of those empty seats, convincing himself that it's a lack of fan support, nothing more that he can do ...OR... actually looking at his product, digging in, rolling up his sleeves, and getting to work?

Sty, Great question even though I'm not sure I can answer it but I'll give it a shot. Snyder is a very rich man and most rich people need tax write offs in some kind of way to protect their wealth. I'm not a CPA but maybe some here are. I do know that many CPAs advise their clients to invest in this or that and possibly Snyder got some bad advice from his CPA when he was advised to buy the Washington Redskins. With that said, I've seen Snyder interviewed on several occasions on business channels and obviously the topic of NFL ownership took place during these interviews and I can tell you Snyder was totally lost when it came to discussing football as an investment. I'm not sure if he even has the desire to correct, or make better, the product he has bought to be honest with you. Meanwhile, us Redskins fans continue to suffer because of the product he has bought.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stymie It could be the young generation as a whole don't like football and if they do they jump on the team that wins the Superbowl I guess I did that hmmm.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see it in the city all the time. We know this is a transient area and a lot of people here are not from here. People are wearing hats and shirts from all kinds of different teams. coach is right in that unless you are of a certain age you have never seen this team be successful. TVs are so good now it is easy to stay home and watch. Fed Ex Field is a poor stadium in a place that is a real pain to get into and out of. Then add that the team has largely sucked for 27 years.

Absolutely correct! Thing is, I don't see Dan as a completely stupid owner, a significantly bad one, yeah of course, but that is exactly why I don't think he's enamored with the transient nature of this area. They absolutely love their football in places like Alabama, fans grow up and die in places like that and it would not surprise me if a move elsewhere is high on his "to be considered" list.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in Jr high when I watched my first football game that was redskins vs Denver in super bowl

How did this coach pictured in your avatar work out for us who was suppose to take us to the promised land? He was just one of many failures that Snyder has made and his failures keep adding up.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stymie It could be the young generation as a whole don't like football and if they do they jump on the team that wins the Superbowl I guess I did that hmmm.

Good point, I hadn't considered that, thanks!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely correct! Thing is, I don't see Dan as a completely stupid owner, a significantly bad one, yeah of course, but that is exactly why I don't think he's enamored with the transient nature of this area. They absolutely love their football in places like Alabama, fans grow up and die in places like that and it would not surprise me if a move elsewhere is high on his "to be considered" list.

Please tell me when this move will take place because I can't wait for it to happen!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty, Great question even though I'm not sure I can answer it but I'll give it a shot. Snyder is a very rich man and most rich people need tax write offs in some kind of way to protect their wealth. I'm not a CPA but maybe some here are. I do know that many CPAs advise their clients to invest in this or that and possibly Snyder got some bad advice from his CPA when he was advised to buy the Washington Redskins. With that said, I've seen Snyder interviewed on several occasions on business channels and obviously the topic of NFL ownership took place during these interviews and I can tell you Snyder was totally lost when it came to discussing football as an investment. I'm not sure if he even has the desire to correct, or make better, the product he has bought to be honest with you. Meanwhile, us Redskins fans continue to suffer because of the product he has bought.

Thanks for the info, maybe I can find a couple of these interviews somewhere and see for myself. I do know that there's something going on with this team and whatever that happens to be, he's at the center of it. Could it be that rather than correcting his shortcomings as an owner, he'll just move elsewhere and begin anew in taking the new state/city the economic cleaners?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell me when this move will take place because I can't wait for it to happen!

I was around when the old Washington Senators were here. This idea came to me because that is exactly the same formula used to justify their move to Texas. Bob Short reminds me of Snyder in a lot of ways. I can't say if or when a move like this would occur, but I'm clear that it's not beyond Dan Snyder to repeat it.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin’s take

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Redskins are now honest about their attendance. And it’s not pretty.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...269a4e-b9df-11e8-bdc0-90f81cc58c5d_story.html

Your link opened to the WAPO page, for other readers this is the direct link:

(The Washington Post)

The Redskins are now honest about their attendance. It’s not pretty.
The sellout streak is now a distant memory, and the announced figure of 57,013 for Sunday’s loss to Colts was easily the lowest for an opener in FedEx Field history.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan was born in the area, I don't see him moving the team.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an eye opening read.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan was born in the area, I don't see him moving the team.

I'm not interested in him moving the team, what I'm interested in is him selling the team and the sooner the better.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and reading how the players themselves are clueless doesn't bring out much hope.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...0f81cc58c5d_story.html?utm_term=.bd7f82855239

I'm not going to lie, the reason I became a Redskins fan is because my dad was one. I was still in diapers for the Gibbs 1.0 years, so I really couldn't appreciate them, even though I was alive when they happened. And that has beem the main reason I've toughed it out for these decades, of futility.

Redskins football didn't start for me until the Norv years. Thats the earliest I can remember football. By the time I was cognitive to know what was going on in the world Gibbs had retire and The Deadskins had taken over to represent the sport. Thats what the team has always been to me. I don't have the glory years to fall back. Just ghost of distant memories.

Now for the first time ever I am indifferent. If they win nice if they don't I don't give a sod because for the first time ever I am looking forward to Capitals hockey more than Redskins football. The Caps have at least given me something to hang my hat on by winning a Stanley Cup; on top of consistently making the playoffs and being a well run organization. Right now The Caps raise more passion out of me than The Skins.

Hail even if they do make the post season this year I can't say that would raise my intrest because they will blow it the following season like in 1999-2000, 2005-2006, 2007-2008, 2012-2013, and 2015-2016. Thats it for me, in terms of good years. 5 good seasons out of 20 and in 3 of them they barely made it in having to win out, just to get bounced in their only game. So I've only seen two playoff wins my entire life.

At least Ted Leonis cares about winning; putting out a good product; and pleasing the fanbase. I can't say the same about Snyder?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We let an Attraction walk out the door
:D

Draft and development of stars is the key
Keep the right football people around you is most important as an owner. Snyder has never done that. Clearly he is the problem.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well people most would agree that dan is the problem but he isnt leaving so where are you at as an owner and he is seeing this ?

it would be time to eat some humble pie

my plan to fix the team is get rid of the CYA politician BA . he is the number one changeable thing he can do . the fan base sees no light at the end of the tunnel with him in place

a few years ago i said we need to value our draft picks and they have done that the last few years . now we have to value our guys , pay them if they have done well for us and stop chasing someone else's grass is greeners players

like it or not fans ID with players too . ovie with the caps , and the skins dont have that . guice could be that guy , we hoped RG3 was hoped to be that guy , but it all goes back to developing our own home grown talent

the stadium is a huge issue . views arent good , it costs to much , its too clinical like a dr.s office then an experience

i suggest a smaller time venue with intimacy and fan interaction with nice amenities , then the my dick is bigger then yours approach . no more then 60, 000 fans

end the drama ( so far this year is good ) and put a product on the field worth watching . how can anyone watch that safe check down fest when we are losing ? that shit is unwatchable . i can take it when its the beginning of the game and we are trying to get points and limit TO's but damn who wants to watch us not even make a run at winning ?

hopefully the team gets the message but showing up to practice on friday in shirts and ties proclaiming we are all business and then get you asses handed to you at the LOS is BS . just play the damn game and shut the hell up

the players need to stop reading their press clippings after so called big wins . they were manhandle yesterday mostly by effort and that should never happen . i can concede if the talent isnt there but effort doesnt take talent and the colts ate our lunches and bitch slapped us over attitude

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan will just find another Vinny/Bruce. I am not sure a good football guy would want to come work with him.

I agree that the team has valued the draft a lot more. Norman has been a bust for what they are paying for him. We should have found a way to keep DJax or Garcon. Let Cousin's go will go down as a colossal error.

I like Gruden the guy and the Gruden the OC, I think he Norv 2.0 when it comes to being a HC.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan will just find another Vinny/Bruce. I am not sure a good football guy would want to come work with him.

I agree that the team has valued the draft a lot more. Norman has been a bust for what they are paying for him. We should have found a way to keep DJax or Garcon. Let Cousin's go will go down as a colossal error.

I like Gruden the guy and the Gruden the OC, I think he Norv 2.0 when it comes to being a HC.

I think Gruden is better than Norv 2.0. For one he is more of a leader. Turner is an Xs and Os technician. Hes good at making and calling plays but his players would never buy into the system when he was the head guy. Norv's teams would always quit on him later in the season.

Jay's teams still give it their all late in the season because they're still in the playoff hunt until the very end. There's a difference between not being prepared and not making an effort.