• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do we actually believe Manning is going survive these next 3 weeks?

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've called them donks for years, no big deal. I've been a fan since inception so really i could GAS.....

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah usually the whole calling the Broncos the Donks is a pretty clear sign of trying to pose as a Bronco fan.

I was at the preseason game in 1967 when Denver beat the Lions (in Denver at DU stadium) for the first win by an old AFL team vs an NFL team. I've been there thru thick and thin ever since, so I really don't care what anybody thinks....

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've called them donks for years, no big deal. I've been a fan since inception so really i could GAS.....

If you say so. My ex brother-in-law used to call them that too and he also claimed to be a fan. I never really did like that guy. :suds:

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the preseason game in 1967 when Denver beat the Lions (in Denver at DU stadium) for the first win by an old AFL team vs an NFL team. I've been there thru thick and thin ever since, so I really don't care what anybody thinks....

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just never heard a Bronco fan actually call them the Donks before. But hey if you have been a fan as long as you claim I guess you can call them whatever you want.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that we should call the Broncos the Donks. After all I call my wife, my bitch......

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just never heard a Bronco fan actually call them the Donks before. But hey if you have been a fan as long as you claim I guess you can call them whatever you want.

I know a lot of older folks who are fans who use "Donks" to describe the team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmmm interesting...I guess it wasn't as insulting back then compared to today. Honestly it doesn't bother me to hear somebody say it just was surprised to see another Bronco fan do it.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely seems to me that there is pejorative connotation to "donks".

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can call them what you want, but don't be surprised if people get offended.

You say you have been a fan for 46 years, I'll take your word for it. But the question begs, why call them that? To a Bronco fan it seems derogatory.

I have been going to games since 1970, born and raised and live in Denver. I do not know one true Bronco fan living in the Denver area or anywhere else who calls them that.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I post on another Denver board where most of us have been posting since 1996 or so and the Donks term is thrown around a lot.

Old habits die hard.....

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm interesting...I guess it wasn't as insulting back then compared to today. Honestly it doesn't bother me to hear somebody say it just was surprised to see another Bronco fan do it.

I just automatically assume that anyone who uses ANY kind of dumb nickname for a rival is an idiot. I don't care if it's Donkeys, Queefs, Dolts, Gayders, Patsies, Bungles, Jagwads, Cowgirls, Fudge Packers, Viqueens, Aints, Forty-Whiners, or any other one that people do, it's all pretty stupid. Just call them by their team name.

Actually, I take back the Cowgirls. That ones ok, because, you know, it's the Cowboys, plus it makes me giggle.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely dates back to the team's days as "lovable losers" is my guess. When I hear someone call them the donkeys it's usually an old timer or a hater. I don't care either way. What am I going to say to an old timer and why do I care what a hater says?

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just automatically assume that anyone who uses ANY kind of dumb nickname for a rival is an idiot. I don't care if it's Donkeys, Queefs, Dolts, Gayders, Patsies, Bungles, Jagwads, Cowgirls, Fudge Packers, Viqueens, Aints, Forty-Whiners, or any other one that people do, it's all pretty stupid. Just call them by their team name.

Actually, I take back the Cowgirls. That ones ok, because, you know, it's the Cowboys, plus it makes me giggle.

but I never really use any derogatory terms like you alluded to, just donks, on occasion.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely dates back to the team's days as "lovable losers" is my guess. When I hear someone call them the donkeys it's usually an old timer or a hater. I don't care either way. What am I going to say to an old timer and why do I care what a hater says?

well, it doesn't matter if you are an old timer or a newbie, you gotta start somewhere, so I'd hope you'd say the same to either..

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can call them what you want, but don't be surprised if people get offended.

You say you have been a fan for 46 years, I'll take your word for it. But the question begs, why call them that? To a Bronco fan it seems derogatory.

I have been going to games since 1970, born and raised and live in Denver. I do not know one true Bronco fan living in the Denver area or anywhere else who calls them that.

people may get offended and it would seem some of you are, but I don't think I'd ever get offended by much of anything that was posted and or directed to me on a sports message board.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To each his own, I guess. As a fan, they will always be the Broncos to me and I'll take offense when they're referred to as the donks, donkeys or other derogatory names. Call me old-fashioned, but that's just how I feel about it.

Now...on to more important topics. Smash the Chiefs!! Go Broncos!

MH64

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's a good thing I don't call myself, Okie Donk.....

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, it doesn't matter if you are an old timer or a newbie, you gotta start somewhere, so I'd hope you'd say the same to either..

I wouldn't say anything, really. If it's an old timer I am not likely to change his mind. If it's a hater I don't care what they think in the first place. As another poster said, usually when people refer to teams by their slang nick names they don't have anything intelligent to say anyway.