• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do we actually believe Manning is going survive these next 3 weeks?

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been some games in which it would have made sense to take PM out early and we didn't do that. The game at SD last Sunday wasn't one of those games, though, was it?

prolly not that one, but I can think of several others where the Donks were way ahead and PM played the whole stinking game. I know he on competative SOB, but there is a time when you have to let the other guy get some reps and not tempt the football gods, ya know?

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another thing, I left the game on for a bit after Sunday's game and the local station here was interviewing the Charger's after the game. One of the interviewee's was Liuget. Liuget was discussing with the reporter that they had figured out Peyton's snap count from watching tape and that they were getting really good jumps off of the ball due to that. The O Line injuries and this are way more alarming to me than the high ankle sprain that has been there for 5 weeks and that Manning probably has learned to compensate for already.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey! Have any of you looked at KC recently? Yes, they lead the league in sacks, and have a good set of rushers. However they have exactly ONE sack to their credit over the past 3 weeks. In that span they have gone up against teams that are in the bottom 10 in pass protection so far this season. Also recall they had 10 in one game against a very bad Oakland line.

Their front 4 isn't getting the pressure on it's own. They've feasted on well disguised and "exotic" blitzes up to now.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey! Have any of you looked at KC recently? Yes, they lead the league in sacks, and have a good set of rushers. However they have exactly ONE sack to their credit over the past 3 weeks. In that span they have gone up against teams that are in the bottom 10 in pass protection so far this season. Also recall they had 10 in one game against a very bad Oakland line.

Their front 4 isn't getting the pressure on it's own. They've feasted on well disguised and "exotic" blitzes up to now.

The Chiefs this season have played 5 of the top 10 teams in sacks given up. Now some of that is because of them adding to that total but even the two teams they struggled to get sacks on the last few weeks are in the top 10 so my guess is they are more in the middle than near the top in actual sack ability. I am hoping Manning has listened to the Chargers talk about how they figured out Peyton's snap count and changes that this week and we see those players jumping offsides again for some nice easy first downs.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another thing, I left the game on for a bit after Sunday's game and the local station here was interviewing the Charger's after the game. One of the interviewee's was Liuget. Liuget was discussing with the reporter that they had figured out Peyton's snap count from watching tape and that they were getting really good jumps off of the ball due to that. The O Line injuries and this are way more alarming to me than the high ankle sprain that has been there for 5 weeks and that Manning probably has learned to compensate for already.

I would be willing to bet that McCoy now coaching the Chargers had something to do with then being able to figure out the snap count. That is not something that will be a problem every week.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers ranked 29th in the league
Redskins 27th
Jags 28th
Colts 22nd

Chargers, Colts, and Redskins are all middle of the road in defensive sacks.

The toughest pass rush we have seen, and likely will all season, were the ravens. The chiefs have 10 sacks against one of the worst pass blocking teams. You remove that outlier and you have a sacks team that ranks more in the middle of the road.

Ravens and Colts have gotten 4 sacks on Manning the rest have had 0-2.

I think there is concern there but I think it can be fixed. I am not worried about the chiefs and patriots putting up 20 sacks and burying Manning. Also, Colts got 4 sacks, offense still scored 33 points. That is more than the chiefs can.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers, Colts, and Redskins are all middle of the road in defensive sacks.

The toughest pass rush we have seen, and likely will all season, were the ravens. The chiefs have 10 sacks against one of the worst pass blocking teams. You remove that outlier and you have a sacks team that ranks more in the middle of the road.

Ravens and Colts have gotten 4 sacks on Manning the rest have had 0-2.

I think there is concern there but I think it can be fixed. I am not worried about the chiefs and patriots putting up 20 sacks and burying Manning. Also, Colts got 4 sacks, offense still scored 33 points. That is more than the chiefs can.

Something to also consider in the Colts game is that was the game that Kuper played RG and Vasquez was at RT. That experiment was a complete failure.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something to also consider in the Colts game is that was the game that Kuper played RG and Vasquez was at RT. That experiment was a complete failure.

Good point on I don't know if judging our line for the play over the last couple of games is a good indicator of how they will do moving forward. As Franklin get's healthier my guess is they will move a TE or RB over to help out more for Clark. I'm hoping Franklin is good to go this week because I think Clark is going to need all the help he can get.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't say it was an experinemt, as we didn't have Orlando Franklin at RT. Vasquez appeared to hold his own against Mathis. It was the other side that had more difficulty. One of the sacks (not sure if it was the strip or not) was on Julius Thomas.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say it was an experinemt, as we didn't have Orlando Franklin at RT. Vasquez appeared to hold his own against Mathis. It was the other side that had more difficulty. One of the sacks (not sure if it was the strip or not) was on Julius Thomas.

Franklin injured though changes how we block on the line. When Clady went down we switched our blocking to help out Clark more and left Franklin more on an island. It was working pretty well until Franklin went down with injury so now we have been having to help both sides on a more regular basis.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was being facetious and was more talking about using Kuper at all (I am thorughly convinced he should be released next year for whatever cap relief we can get). I am pretty sure Clark gave up the strip sack and if I remember right, that was more of a whiff than JT giving up a sack. I do not even think he came close to blocking the guy he was supposed to on that one.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franklin injured though changes how we block on the line. When Clady went down we switched our blocking to help out Clark more and left Franklin more on an island. It was working pretty well until Franklin went down with injury so now we have been having to help both sides on a more regular basis.

Yes

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
prolly not that one, but I can think of several others where the Donks were way ahead and PM played the whole stinking game. I know he on competative SOB, but there is a time when you have to let the other guy get some reps and not tempt the football gods, ya know?

You are a Bronco's fan and you call them Donks? Really? :wtf2:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah usually the whole calling the Broncos the Donks is a pretty clear sign of trying to pose as a Bronco fan.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why they have been letting Moreno leave pass protection so much lately. That's originally why he won the job.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why they have been letting Moreno leave pass protection so much lately. That's originally why he won the job.

He has done alot of chipping and then releasing.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow talk about glass half empty!

images

Geez man, I should sell the rest of my tickets, not go Sunday night and watch The Good Wife with my wife, put away my Bronco gear and forget the playoffs. I knew 8-1 was too good to be true...... :doh:

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning is a tough cookie.

He did not miss a game the first 14 years of his career until he took the 2011 season off.

Quit with the doom and gloom.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The concern is more to do with the quality of defense they are playing as opposed to many of the defenses they have faced until now.

Last 4 games, Broncos have faced.....

Chargers ranked 29th in the league
Redskins 27th
Jags 28th
Colts 22nd

During the year they have faced.....

Eagles ranked 31st
Cowboys 32nd

I does not mean much, however the Chiefs imo are a legit defense. Broncos have let up 8 sacks over the last 3 games, and not sure how many fumbles.

Manning is gimpy, and it will be difficult to get through this stretch.

So, you named off a bunch of things and and you again throw out nothing BB. Lets look at the numbers:

Chargers had 2 sacks and 4 hits in 36 dropbacks (the Chargers came out and said they figured out Peyton's timing and really, this is not that alarming at all, it is only 6 total and give the Charger's props, they actually played a decent game)
Washington had 2 sacks and 1 hit in 44 dropbacks
Indy had 4 sacks and 10 hits in 49 dropbacks (this is alarming until you realize we had 2 O Line starters in their proper positions and the whole line played like crap that night)
Jacksonville had 0 sacks and 1 hit in 42 dropbacks
Dallas had 0 hits and 0 sacks in 42 dropbacks
Philly 1 sack and 2 hits in 34 dropbacks
Raiders 1 sack and 2 hits in 37 dropbacks
Giants 0 sacks and 2 hits in 43 dropbacks
Baltimore had 3 sacks and 7 hits in 42 dropbacks (again alarming, but Baltimore does have a decent D and D is always better in the beginning of the season till O Lines gel)

Not really a whole lot there dude when you actually break it down. Now, no one is saying that KC's defense is not good (I still am not going to anoint them 85' Bears or 00' Ravens status). Nor are they saying there is not concern over Manning's injury (even though it is the same injury he has had now for 5 weeks). I am just saying you are kinda making mountains out of mole hills, again.