• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do the skins need a LB?

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Jax doing a small fire sale why not offer them something for LB Posluszny?
1) 2nd rd pick for Poz
2) Cousins for Poz
3) Something else

Yes im being a homer because I love Poz cuz he played at Penn State but the man can play and has been a top tackler past few years on crappy teams Buffalo and now Jaguars.

2013- Currently 2nd
2012- 8th
2011- 12th
2010- 3rd
2009- 23rd (believe hurt most of season)

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good trade might change their mind
In fact, Caldwell was emphatic that he's not going to trade anyone on the roster now and singled out running back Maurice Jones-Drewand linebacker Paul Posluszny, two of the veterans subject to the most trade speculation.
"I had good talks with Poz and Mojo today, and they're not going anywhere," Caldwell said. "We feel good about those guys being here. Nor do they want to go anywhere. They're part of this team, and we're excited about having them a part of this team."
Caldwell said tight end Ma

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins for Poz is a terrible trade for us, and a good trade for the Jags.

There'd have to be a draft pick in their too.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins for Poz is a terrible trade for us, and a good trade for the Jags.

There'd have to be a draft pick in their too.

:agree:

Don't know much about Poz... or his ability, but we could use a MLB (he is a Mike from what I remember..??).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
London fletcher has been whiffing on tackles all year long. I hope he can recover, but he looks like he mightbe done

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
POZ would be a amazing replacement for Fletcher. Great leader and player.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perry Riley is our replacement for Fletcher. We need to draft a great ILB next season.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always liked him, since he was at PSU and his days with the Bills. He is still a tackling machine. I believe London Fletcher will not be back, next year. I believe Father Time is catching up to him.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perry Riley is our replacement for Fletcher. We need to draft a great ILB next season.

Wasn't Keenan In place to take over for London eventually before his injury? Then we picked up Barnett to take his place in the intermediate time? Thought he was who was expected to step in here down the road.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Keenan In place to take over for London eventually before his injury? Then we picked up Barnett to take his place in the intermediate time? Thought he was who was expected to step in here down the road.

That is what people on message boards claimed but it never made any sense. Perry Riley is and has played near a pro bowl level. He has learned on the field from one of the best defensive "on-field" captains there is. He is a much more logical choice than a guy who has athletic talent but we know nothing of his mind...oh and he's never been healthy enough to play.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we will end up needing more secondary help too . no trades though

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been saying way back on the Espn boards that L. Fletcher and R. Doughty had to go. Many of you argued that I did not know what I was talking about and yet here we are finally agreeing that at least L. Fletcher has seen his best days. OK if you're gonna keep Doughty at least trade something to Tampa for M. Barron and send doughty's az*z back to full time special teams. I still say get rid of him.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been saying way back on the Espn boards that L. Fletcher and R. Doughty had to go. Many of you argued that I did not know what I was talking about and yet here we are finally agreeing that at least L. Fletcher has seen his best days. OK if you're gonna keep Doughty at least trade something to Tampa for M. Barron and send doughty's az*z back to full time special teams. I still say get rid of him.

It is not a question of Doughty being that great. Most of us - & the Redskins - would love to replace Doughty. The problem is that they have no capable replacements at this time. Due to youth, injuries, suspensions, etc safety has been a problem & Doughty - while not great - is the best of bad options right now. This will be addressed either by somebody stepping up or by personnel moves over the offseason.

Also - no reason for some of these panic induced trades unless they make sense for the future. Don't mortgage the draft and young players for a move that might not make sense long term.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stymietee, they have tried every year to replace Reed. Due to bad luck, injuries and miscalculations, every player they bring in hasn't worked out. Reed actually is an acceptable backup and a good STs player. He is the kind of guy that every team needs 5-8 players like to be successful. You don't need to get rid of him, you just need to find an acceptable starter.