• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do the Dubs need a trade?

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yoshi - I think your analysis is spot on.

I admit that when Bogut was acquired, I was expecting a lot more. I think he knows how to play defense and you can see it when he is yelling at players to be in certain spots. But his problem he just cannot execute what his mind is telling his body to do. He is just too beaten up to stop 6-foot-8 guys from rising above him and slamming the ball home.

I am resigned to the fact that _avi_ is always going to be a giant windmill who occasionally steps it up on his team's side of the court, but more often than not will do just enough to look like he's trying to step up.

As far as the back court, I am on board with trading Klay in the off season. Trading Curry would be cool with me too, but the fans would revolt. So that's just not going to happen. ASSuming Klay is traded and Curry kept, the Dubs need to acquire a Gary Payton-esque point guard - 6-foot-4 or 6-foot-5 with mad defensive skills whose first thought is to dish the ball instead of shoot.

I think the best best this team has for the future right now is the one player you failed to mention in your analysis - Harrison Barnes. This kid looks like he can turn into something special. He is a solid SF who can shoot, dribble, create, and even play defense. I know he's young and still makes mistakes that he should not. But when he matures in a year or two, he's going to be a perennial all-star and the face of this franchise.

If I was ever forced to wear one of those silly Warriors jerseys with sleeves, I would wear the Barnes jersey.

Oh, and HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Real Madrid thumped your Barca team twice in a week. Hala Madrid!

Hey Cam,
Yep, Madrid got Barca twice but my Catalan boys beat the crap out of that sorry Azzurri team named AC Milan - what a waste of a roster and Barca going down 2-0 to those guys after the first leg is a mad anomaly. Then again, Barca was going through a tough time with some players out plus their coach not being on the pitch due to his recovery from cancer. Barca was on fire but his absence has been felt. Teams such as Madrid and Milan have done their part putting 9-10 men back and defending the middle to prevent the likes of Iniesta, Xavi, and Fabs getting space in order to thread the needle. That's why you saw Messi creating from the wings and even at central midfield to get the ball and wreak havoc on Milan's shoddy defense.

As far as Barnes is concerned, he has the tools but even as a rook, the W's need more from him - I know Curry and Klay run things along with Lee, but Barnes is going to have to factor in a bit more for this team to be more competitive. He's a better defender and a better athlete than what I thought he was when he left UNC, but there are moments where he just makes some head scratching plays. You would hope it's attributed moreso to rookie mistakes as opposed to him just not having that basketball acumen as some players have displayed in the past despite being great athletes (i.e. JR Rider, Hakeem Warrick, Harold Miner, etc.).