• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do the Cowboys even win another game?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After ATL clawed back into it I was wondering why DAL tried to the keep the short passing game going...yeah, it worked in 2 min, but I assume part of that was ATL's D was playing 2 mins as well....my points is Randle should have gotten more than 14 carries in this game.

Randle couldn't get anything going in the 2nd half. Not having Romo killed us because on first down we would run every damn time. And ATL would put 9 in the box and stuff it. Then on 2nd down they would rush 3, and we had no play caller to read it and audible out.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Romo were to miss 8 weeks, I think they might be able to get a few wins with their sched:

Atlanta - lost
@Saints - could win if Brees is out again
New England - no chance
@NYG - lose w/o Romo
Seahawks - no chance
Eagles - depending on how the eagles' offense plays they could win
@Tampa Bay - winnable
@Miami - winnable

So on paper I see 4 games they could potentially win. Going 4-4 or even 3-5 with Romo out 8 weeks would be huge and would keep them right in the playoff hunt in the NFC East.

If their defense plays like they did vs Atlanta though, they're losing all 8 and the season is over.

Our bye is baked in there, Romo will be eligible for return in the MIA game.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our bye is baked in there, Romo will be eligible for return in the MIA game.

Ahh ok. Find a way to win 2-3 of the 7 games where he's out and the team will be in the hunt.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh ok. Find a way to win 2-3 of the 7 games where he's out and the team will be in the hunt.
what do you mean...the OP redskin fan questions if Dallas wins another game all year.
LOL....a F-In redskin fan!

ALWAYS ON THEIR MIND!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle couldn't get anything going in the 2nd half. Not having Romo killed us because on first down we would run every damn time. And ATL would put 9 in the box and stuff it. Then on 2nd down they would rush 3, and we had no play caller to read it and audible out.

ATL did play with a stronger box in the 2nd half and you're right, DAL did try to run into it for naught, but 2nd and long they followed the script and passed...they had a few 3 and outs in the 2nd half doing that...whereas some playaction pass calls off the strong box I think Romo makes like you said. But Garrett saw it and could've adjusted on another series, they kind of stayed with that pattern....a couple drives got a 1st down or 2, at home I think you have challenge downfield..the one time I saw him go deep he got a PI call on Alford.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to think offensive coordinators in general are too quick to give up on the run. Sometimes if that's the best thing about the offense that day you kind of have to stick with it through the third quarter if the game isn't too far out of reach. It was nice to see Atlanta show a little run game themselves with Freeman. I'm glad I was wrong about him.

Freeman...You know I was waiting for you to fess up...lol...great game, almost from the getgo, most of what you were critiquing, (correct for the touches we saw) vision, explosiveness...he showed in this game...I was concerned about where they would get a yard from when you need it bad...both he and Coleman are capable...it just looks different than it did with Turner and moving the pile..

Game plan...I think we saw Shanny stick with it (run game) down 2 possessions in the 2nd half...Ford said it best...Romo probably checks out of those stacked boxes on 1st down with a pass play...Weeden stayed the course and end up in 2nd/3rd and long and ATL was able to sack him, move him around resulting in a shutout 2nd half.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do you mean...the OP redskin fan questions if Dallas wins another game all year.
LOL....a F-In redskin fan!

ALWAYS ON THEIR MIND!

"without having a Big 3? Romo, Dez and of course the third member who now plays in Philly. IMO, the loss of Romo has put the Cowboys in a position to win very few games, if any at all.

Might go 0 for 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 and beyond until he gets back. Maybe a lucky win in NO, if NO doesn't have Brees...but other than that? Let's be real."

I understand that some, but not all Cowboy fans...especially after a difficult loss may not have a clear understanding of what I posted. But damn PDay, not you. Don't fall into that some category!

I guess the pressure of what might be, got the best of you on this one.

LOL...some of those F-In cowboy fans!

Last edited:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they will win another game. :L

I left my house for the Cards game and it was 21-7. I get to the game for kickoff and it was 28-39. WTF happened? If the Cowboys are going to put up 28 points with Weeden and they lose, that loss is solely on the defense.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"without having a Big 3? Romo, Dez and of course the third member who now plays in Philly. IMO, the loss of Romo has put the Cowboys in a position to win very few games, if any at all.

Might go 0 for 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 and beyond until he gets back. Maybe a lucky win in NO, if NO doesn't have Brees...but other than that? Let's be real."

I understand that some, but not all Cowboy fans...especially after a difficult loss may not have a clear understanding of what I posted. But damn PDay, not you. Don't fall into that some category!

I guess the pressure of what might be, got the best of you on this one.

LOL...some of those F-In cowboy fans!
It's hysterical that Redskins fan has totally given up on the Skins season(rightfully so), and tries to throw dirt on the Cowboys...while he can...Cowboys will be getting impact players back every couple of weeks until they are back to easily being the class of the NFC East around week 9-10

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People give too much praise to the "Big 3" in Dallas. Those guys, along with Jason Garrett, were together for 3 seasons of .500 football before really starting to play well at the beginning of last season. What got them rolling and playing elite football was a combination of solidifying and developing their monster offensive line and Scott Linehan coming in as the offensive coordinator. That's the real key to that offense.

Obviously Romo is much better than Weeden and Dez Bryant is a top 5 WR, but that offense still looked solid for awhile yesterday before Quinn figured out they just needed to stack up against the run on first and second down and force Weeden to throw downfield. It also helped that the Dallas D just got demolished by Julio and Freeman in the second half.

I guess my point is, that offense is going to still be decent because the two things that truly make it great are still there. I think they win next week, lose to the Pats, and then play in the Giants in a toss up that could go either way.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboy fans can talk about Weeden and Dez all they want but the team lost yesterday because Atlanta shredded the D that was supposed to be castly improved. Now granted Atlanta is probably going to do that to a lot of teams this year if they stay healthy BUT Weeden isnt the reason you guys lost that game. If the O for Dallas plays like that the next 6 weeks youll win at least a few more. If you can just be 4-5/5-4 when the guys get back youll be fine. Aint nobody in the NFCE winning more than 9 games this year

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hysterical that Redskins fan has totally given up on the Skins season(rightfully so), and tries to throw dirt on the Cowboys...while he can...Cowboys will be getting impact players back every couple of weeks until they are back to easily being the class of the NFC East around week 9-10

Again, some where Da Fuk you getting that from? I haven't given up, you?

I understand that some, but not all Cowboy fans...especially after a difficult loss may not have a clear understanding of what I posted.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboy fans can talk about Weeden and Dez all they want but the team lost yesterday because Atlanta shredded the D that was supposed to be castly improved. Now granted Atlanta is probably going to do that to a lot of teams this year if they stay healthy BUT Weeden isnt the reason you guys lost that game. If the O for Dallas plays like that the next 6 weeks youll win at least a few more. If you can just be 4-5/5-4 when the guys get back youll be fine. Aint nobody in the NFCE winning more than 9 games this year

SOME, say the Dallas D is top 5...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, some where Da Fuk you getting that from? I haven't given up, you?

I understand that some, but not all Cowboy fans...especially after a difficult loss may not have a clear understanding of what I posted.
What you posted was BS

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
without having a Big 3? Romo, Dez and of course the third member who now plays in Philly. IMO, the loss of Romo has put the Cowboys in a position to win very few games, if any at all.

Might go 0 for 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 and beyond until he gets back. Maybe a lucky win in NO, if NO doesn't have Brees...but other than that? Let's be real.
:pop2:

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you posted was BS

No, what I posted in response to your untruth was... the truth

Do you know the difference? Probably not, since you are one of the some cowboy fans.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not actually sure the OP was all that unreasonable. The Cowboys dont have the easiest schedule weeks 3-9 and the better teams they play are at home. Usually thatd be a good thing but in most of those games the team will be overmatched from a talent perspective without Romo/Dez ( Atlanta, NE, Seattle, Philly ). The Boys do get NO, TB and NYG on the road but it would almost have been better if the schedules had been flipped. Road wins are never easy ( despite what Dallas did last year ). I DO think Dallas finds a way to win at least 2 of the games but its not like theyll be prohibitive favorites in any of the next 6 games and theyll probably be dogs in all but 1? of them

Fatback

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cowboys will be alright. They have Mcclain, Hardy and gregory coming back soon

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remain optimistic.

Defense gets better in 2 games with Hardy and McLain. Gregory a while later?

Just have to hang in there on defense which to me is what lost the game yesterday. Couldn't tackle shit and couldn't cover shit.

Not Weeden. Admittedly his 2nd half was nothing like the first half.