• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do the Cowboys even win another game?

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
without having a Big 3? Romo, Dez and of course the third member who now plays in Philly. IMO, the loss of Romo has put the Cowboys in a position to win very few games, if any at all.

Might go 0 for 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 and beyond until he gets back. Maybe a lucky win in NO, if NO doesn't have Brees...but other than that? Let's be real.

Will the Skids not finish last in the NFCE for the 6th time out of the last 7 years? That should answer your question.....

#Carry On

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we will will another game. Probably get our doors blown off by NE, SEA, and Arizona but have a punchers chance in the other games.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we will will another game. Probably get our doors blown off by NE, SEA, and Arizona but have a punchers chance in the other games.

After ATL clawed back into it I was wondering why DAL tried to the keep the short passing game going...yeah, it worked in 2 min, but I assume part of that was ATL's D was playing 2 mins as well....my points is Randle should have gotten more than 14 carries in this game.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After ATL clawed back into it I was wondering why DAL tried to the keep the short passing game going...yeah, it worked in 2 min, but I assume part of that was ATL's D was playing 2 mins as well....my points is Randle should have gotten more than 14 carries in this game.

Randal had 84 yards on his first 3 carries and like 4 on his next 11. Atlanta stuffed the run in the 2nd half because they finally realized Dallas wasn't going to burn them deep...or even try to. Honestly, they should have figured that out before the game began, its what Dallas does with Weeden in there.

Cowboys are gonna need to at least attempt a few throws downfield in future games or a lot of games are gonna look like that 2nd half yesterday.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randal had 84 yards on his first 3 carries and like 4 on his next 11. Atlanta stuffed the run in the 2nd half because they finally realized Dallas wasn't going to burn them deep...or even try to. Honestly, they should have figured that out before the game began, its what Dallas does with Weeden in there.

Cowboys are gonna need to at least attempt a few throws downfield in future games or a lot of games are gonna look like that 2nd half yesterday.

I was rooting for ATL in the game, but to me it seem like when the lead shrank...DAL went away from the run....yeah ATL stuffed them a few times, but that doesn't mean you stop entirely. Weeden is supposed to have a big arm, but they don't have a big arm target w/o Dez I guess.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was rooting for ATL in the game, but to me it seem like when the lead shrank...DAL went away from the run....yeah ATL stuffed them a few times, but that doesn't mean you stop entirely. Weeden is supposed to have a big arm, but they don't have a big arm target w/o Dez I guess.

His decision making is questionable at best. Big arm but also inaccurate.

Honestly, though, that's just Dallas' offense these days. Even with Romo in there they didn't take any shots downfield vs the Giants in game 1 and took very few against the Eagles too.

No Dez is going to be the biggest issue IMO. His presence at least keeps defenses honest. W/o him in the lineup, even if they had Romo healthy, defenses are going to crowd the box and sit on short routes. Gonna be tough sledding for a while I think.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His decision making is questionable at best. Big arm but also inaccurate.

Honestly, though, that's just Dallas' offense these days. Even with Romo in there they didn't take any shots downfield vs the Giants in game 1 and took very few against the Eagles too.

No Dez is going to be the biggest issue IMO. His presence at least keeps defenses honest. W/o him in the lineup, even if they had Romo healthy, defenses are going to crowd the box and sit on short routes. Gonna be tough sledding for a while I think.

Yep, DCs will definitely figure out your tendencies quick and try to take that away...Steelers have their own troubles at QB now so feel the Cowboy fan's pain.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, DCs will definitely figure out your tendencies quick and try to take that away...Steelers have their own troubles at QB now so feel the Cowboy fan's pain.

As a Browns fan, I'm very much aware of what life is like in the NFL without a QB. It's not a lot of fun to watch, but on the plus side you can get a lot of things done on sundays when you're not worried about watching all the games.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
without having a Big 3? Romo, Dez and of course the third member who now plays in Philly. IMO, the loss of Romo has put the Cowboys in a position to win very few games, if any at all.

Might go 0 for 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 and beyond until he gets back. Maybe a lucky win in NO, if NO doesn't have Brees...but other than that? Let's be real.

Cowboys are falling into 2014 AZ Cards injury territory. Obviously, the Defense has to be huge (can't give up 38 points) and Weeden has to be close to competent for stretches of the game. They play NO, NYG, PHI and TB coming up. They could win any of those. NE forget it. SEA...maybe with Romo, but not without.

The division will still be theirs to fight for when Romo returns though.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Romo were to miss 8 weeks, I think they might be able to get a few wins with their sched:

Atlanta - lost
@Saints - could win if Brees is out again
New England - no chance
@NYG - lose w/o Romo
Seahawks - no chance
Eagles - depending on how the eagles' offense plays they could win
@Tampa Bay - winnable
@Miami - winnable

So on paper I see 4 games they could potentially win. Going 4-4 or even 3-5 with Romo out 8 weeks would be huge and would keep them right in the playoff hunt in the NFC East.

If their defense plays like they did vs Atlanta though, they're losing all 8 and the season is over.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Browns fan, I'm very much aware of what life is like in the NFL without a QB. It's not a lot of fun to watch, but on the plus side you can get a lot of things done on sundays when you're not worried about watching all the games.

Preaching to the choir...huh...I hear ya...speaking of...I have to say, I expected the OFC to be suspect in CLE, (I knew Bowe would fall out of grace quickly) but I expected a better DEF than what has surfaced early...especially run DEF.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preaching to the choir...huh...I hear ya...speaking of...I have to say, I expected the OFC to be suspect in CLE, (I knew Bowe would fall out of grace quickly) but I expected a better DEF than what has surfaced early...especially run DEF.

Yeah, I'm disappointed in the defensive effort so far this season. Hard for me to tell if they did really bad vs Oakland or if the Raiders are actually decent on offense because they did pretty well vs Baltimore too. Either way, I had expected better out of that side of the ball this year.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh I'm absolutely serious. Weeden is terrible, beyond terrible.

Weeden is nothing special, but that lose is more on the defense. 28pts is plenty to win an NFL game.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

man I get tired of hearing about his 'big arm'. Here's today's NFL: Got a big arm, but cant play worth a shit? Come on down, we'll give ya a few million.

They wont win another game with this guy playing QB. Not much hope for Cassell either, but he may give us a better chance.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weeden is nothing special, but that lose is more on the defense. 28pts is plenty to win an NFL game.

yes, the defensive weaknesses were exploited by Atlanta,in the second half especially.

Plus, T. Williams dropped a first down pass by Weeden that hit him in the hands, at least once, so I'll give him that.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see 4-4 or 3-5 by the time Romo returns, which leaves them in the divisional race. But...they got smacked in the mouth yesterday, literally. It wasn't all QB play.

1443399439-NS_27cowsloseLD35.jpg

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm disappointed in the defensive effort so far this season. Hard for me to tell if they did really bad vs Oakland or if the Raiders are actually decent on offense because they did pretty well vs Baltimore too. Either way, I had expected better out of that side of the ball this year.
The long ball really killed them vs OAK, and I assume that's how they built up the lead, but they got big production on the ground too...that said, Browns were still in it late and that's where the lack of a top shelf QB talent hurt...IND comes back and wins late, ATL.

Speaking of again...Flacco did not look good on their last drive...I thought for sure they would at least scare the Bengals at home late...didn't even get a 1st down.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man I get tired of hearing about his 'big arm'. Here's today's NFL: Got a big arm, but cant play worth a shit? Come on down, we'll give ya a few million.

They wont win another game with this guy playing QB. Not much hope for Cassell either, but he may give us a better chance.

For some reason that moniker keeps following him its just like me fluking a 300 yd drive and duffing the approach...really doesn't mean squat if the DCs don't respect it...Cassell will be more stable, more consistently with the passes you're supposed to complete a high percentage, but doubt he has the big play capability now.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to think offensive coordinators in general are too quick to give up on the run. Sometimes if that's the best thing about the offense that day you kind of have to stick with it through the third quarter if the game isn't too far out of reach. It was nice to see Atlanta show a little run game themselves with Freeman. I'm glad I was wrong about him.