• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DK Metcalfe and the Olympics

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That vaunted Oakland Raiders speed we have heard so much about over the years.

Going to run three heats of the 100, only the Raiders can fill three heats, no other NFL teams comes close, actually some countries can't compare to this......

heat 1

1.Rocket Ismail ND
2.Justin Fargas Cali State Champ/USC
3.Alexander Wight Auburn
4.Sam Graddy Olympic silver/Tennessee
5.Henry Ruggs Alabama
6.Bo Roberson Olympic long jump silver/9,5/Cornell
7.Rod Woodson 10,34/Purdue
8.Terry McDaneil Tennessee

hear 2

1.Willie Gault 10.10 Tennessee
2.Napolean Kaufman Cali State Champion
3.Tim Dwight 10,33 Iowa
4.Bo Jackson 10.39 Auburn
5.James Jett Olympic gold 4x1/WV
6.John Roderick 9,3/SMU
7.James Trapp 10.14 Clemson
8.Michael Bennett 10,18 Wisconsin

heat 3

1.Alvid Whitted 10,07 NCSt
2.Eric Dickerson SMU
3.Eugene White 9.4/FAMU
4.Ron Brown Olympic 4th ASU
5.Jacoby Ford 10,01/Clemson
6.James Lofton 10,3h/Stanford
7.Cliff Branch 9.2 Colorado
8.Stanford Routt Houston

Last edited:

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consensus seems to be....10.6ish for Metcalfe, hmmmm? If not that it will be slower,

I see him roaring out of the blocks......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! and be hanging, then around 60ish it's......Ooops goofed!!!!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consensus seems to be....10.6ish for Metcalfe, hmmmm? If not that it will be slower,

I see him roaring out of the blocks......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! and be hanging, then around 60ish it's......Ooops goofed!!!!
Why?

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shalise Manza Young
Shalise Manza Young·Yahoo Sports Columnist
Tue, May 4, 2021, 11:32 AM·5 min read

One of my pet peeves when watching the NFL broadcasts is when announcers will say a player has "track speed."

I guess if we're not distinguishing what level of track and field we're talking about, then really everyone has track speed.

But elite track speed? That's rare. Outrunning some fellow NFLers on a kick return or an opponent who thinks he has an easy pick-6 does not a track star make.

Seattle Seahawks receiver DK Metcalf may learn that the hard way this weekend.

Metcalf has accepted an invitation to run the 100 meters at the USA Track & Field Golden Games at the famed Mt. San Antonio College track in Southern California, one of 15 men entered in the event. He took to Instagram and Twitter to hint at what he was up to this weekend, with a short video clip of spikes being dropped on a track and "May 9th" written on the screen. USATF filled in the blanks on its Twitter feed.

The idea of Metcalf getting on the track came after he chased down Arizona's Budda Baker last October, preventing what Baker likely believed was going to be an easy touchdown. It was a great play, the type that will follow Metcalf for the rest of his career. Much like now-retired tight end Benjamin Watson, whose out-of-nowhere tackle Denver's Champ Bailey to save a touchdown in the 2006 playoffs has been part of Watson's story ever since.

To be clear: It's dope that Metcalf is taking on the challenge of running on Saturday and facing some of the best sprinters on the planet, including Mike Rodgers, a member of the 2019 World Championships gold medal-winning 4x100 team. Whether he's been training seriously for a couple of weeks or sees it as a fun distraction, if he brings some viewers to the meet who wouldn't have watched otherwise, it's a good thing for track and field.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shalise Manza Young
Shalise Manza Young·Yahoo Sports Columnist
Tue, May 4, 2021, 11:32 AM·5 min read

One of my pet peeves when watching the NFL broadcasts is when announcers will say a player has "track speed."

I guess if we're not distinguishing what level of track and field we're talking about, then really everyone has track speed.

But elite track speed? That's rare. Outrunning some fellow NFLers on a kick return or an opponent who thinks he has an easy pick-6 does not a track star make.

Seattle Seahawks receiver DK Metcalf may learn that the hard way this weekend.

Metcalf has accepted an invitation to run the 100 meters at the USA Track & Field Golden Games at the famed Mt. San Antonio College track in Southern California, one of 15 men entered in the event. He took to Instagram and Twitter to hint at what he was up to this weekend, with a short video clip of spikes being dropped on a track and "May 9th" written on the screen. USATF filled in the blanks on its Twitter feed.

The idea of Metcalf getting on the track came after he chased down Arizona's Budda Baker last October, preventing what Baker likely believed was going to be an easy touchdown. It was a great play, the type that will follow Metcalf for the rest of his career. Much like now-retired tight end Benjamin Watson, whose out-of-nowhere tackle Denver's Champ Bailey to save a touchdown in the 2006 playoffs has been part of Watson's story ever since.

To be clear: It's dope that Metcalf is taking on the challenge of running on Saturday and facing some of the best sprinters on the planet, including Mike Rodgers, a member of the 2019 World Championships gold medal-winning 4x100 team. Whether he's been training seriously for a couple of weeks or sees it as a fun distraction, if he brings some viewers to the meet who wouldn't have watched otherwise, it's a good thing for track and field.
Quoting Shalise Manza Young - LMFAO

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tomorrow DK will line up vs guys faster than Tyreek Hill, I am predicting....10,65.

Anyone else? Now don't ignore this then when I suck swoop in with......YOU SUCK!!!!

Unless ya have a prediction ya don't warrant a.....YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What time is this crap show today.

How to watch DK Metcalf in USATF Golden Games and Distance Open
Time: 4:30 p.m. ET
TV channel: NBC, NBC Sports
Live stream: NBCSports.com, fuboTV
Metcalf's run and the USATF Golden Games and Distance Open will air on the NBC networks starting at 4:30 p.m. ET on Sunday. You can watch the event live on NBC or NBC Sports or stream it live via the NBC Sports app. You can also stream the event live with fuboTV, which offers a seven-day free trial.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How to watch DK Metcalf in USATF Golden Games and Distance Open
Time: 4:30 p.m. ET
TV channel: NBC, NBC Sports
Live stream: NBCSports.com, fuboTV
Metcalf's run and the USATF Golden Games and Distance Open will air on the NBC networks starting at 4:30 p.m. ET on Sunday. You can watch the event live on NBC or NBC Sports or stream it live via the NBC Sports app. You can also stream the event live with fuboTV, which offers a seven-day free trial.
ok

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it was rather anticlimactic.

DK did well enough considering. A good start, and he kicked decent but the extra or so 60-70 lbs he had on the field average became apparent at about the halfway point as the track guys pulled a little ahead.

Finished at 10.36. Winner was 10.19.

Now enough of this nonsense and get back to practicing football DK!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He ran a lot faster than me. I think he could of beat @jarntt today!
He looked out of place with football weight. His gut looked close to the lead but his ass was in last.
He was also running on one leg. Has he had a torn hamstring before? One leg was clearly stronger.
If he loses 30 pounds he might qualify?????

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He ran a lot faster than me. I think he could of beat @jarntt today!
He looked out of place with football weight. His gut looked close to the lead but his ass was in last.
He was also running on one leg. Has he had a torn hamstring before? One leg was clearly stronger.
If he loses 30 pounds he might qualify?????
Good for DK holding his own but I'm more happy his ACL's are still healthy.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That vaunted Oakland Raiders speed we have heard so much about over the years.

Going to run three heats of the 100, only the Raiders can fill three heats, no other NFL teams comes close, actually some countries can't compare to this......

heat 1

1.Rocket Ismail ND
2.Justin Fargas Cali State Champ/USC
3.Alexander Wight Auburn
4.Sam Graddy Olympic silver/Tennessee
5.Henry Ruggs Alabama
6.Bo Roberson Olympic long jump silver/9,5/Cornell
7.Rod Woodson 10,34/Purdue
8.Terry McDaneil Tennessee

hear 2

1.Willie Gault 10.10 Tennessee
2.Napolean Kaufman Cali State Champion
3.Tim Dwight 10,33 Iowa
4.Bo Jackson 10.39 Auburn
5.James Jett Olympic gold 4x1/WV
6.John Roderick 9,3/SMU
7.James Trapp 10.14 Clemson
8.Michael Bennett 10,18 Wisconsin

heat 3

1.Alvid Whitted 10,07 NCSt
2.Eric Dickerson SMU
3.Eugene White 9.4/FAMU
4.Ron Brown Olympic 4th ASU
5.Jacoby Ford 10,01/Clemson
6.James Lofton 10,3h/Stanford
7.Cliff Branch 9.2 Colorado
8.Stanford Routt Houston

Darryl Green, Hershel Walker, Willie Gault, Rod Woodson who won?

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Covid BS strikes again, was told by a local cop no on 20 people crammed in a cabin, nobody wearing masks.

Guess he noticed all the cars that haven't been there. Oh well.

As we saw the footballer was hanging hanging then here came that speed endurance a footballer just doesn't train for.

Shocked he ran a 10.37, I had him at 10.65ish, yep....DUH!

With some serious sprint training meaning 300;'s we have a 10.20 guy here, problem is everyone else at that level isa 10.05 and faster.