• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DK Metcalf

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could he be the next Terrell Owens with a level head on his swivel? He has the size and speed... Tonight, he reminded me a lot of TO...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He certainly shows lots of reasons to be really really excited about him. He was up and down, as all rookie receivers are, but his up was incredible.

He learns to use his strength and he is going to be undefendable.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got a steal with DK, everyone was giving up on him because of his cone drill, lol, good ...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was our best player on Offense, no reason he cant be that for years to come.

85/1,200 should be attainable every year.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We got a steal with DK, everyone was giving up on him because of his cone drill, lol, good ...

I think it's a case of him ending up on the perfect team that can get the most out of him.

Because Wilson throws such a great deep ball and they go off schedule so much it maximizes his athleticism. Plus because of how much Seattle runs the ball and with Lockette on the other side he gets a lot favorable matchups.

I don't think he'd have quite the success in a situation that was more timing based where he had to constantly run crisp precise routes.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a case of him ending up on the perfect team that can get the most out of him.

Because Wilson throws such a great deep ball and they go off schedule so much it maximizes his athleticism. Plus because of how much Seattle runs the ball and with Lockette on the other side he gets a lot favorable matchups.

I don't think he'd have quite the success in a situation that was more timing based where he had to constantly run crisp precise routes.

He's such an athletic freak, big, fast, strong... I think people saying he can't run routes were having a knee jerk reaction to the cone drill, he can improve that, work on that.. But when you have an almost 6.4 receiver on the outside that can outrun most corners and out leap most corners it's a match-up issue, and he's only a rookie, give him 3-4 years in the league learning, I think he's gonna be a monster for a lot of years.... Personally I was shocked he didn't go in the first round...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He certainly shows lots of reasons to be really really excited about him. He was up and down, as all rookie receivers are, but his up was incredible.

He learns to use his strength and he is going to be undefendable.

What I also like about him is he's proving to be an excellent run blocker as well... Just an all around team guy who will do anything asked of him and give it 110%...

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very impressed with him yesterday. I would take him on the Eagles in a heartbeat. Good pick.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He's such an athletic freak, big, fast, strong... I think people saying he can't run routes were having a knee jerk reaction to the cone drill, he can improve that, work on that.. But when you have an almost 6.4 receiver on the outside that can outrun most corners and out leap most corners it's a match-up issue, and he's only a rookie, give him 3-4 years in the league learning, I think he's gonna be a monster for a lot of years.... Personally I was shocked he didn't go in the first round...

The guys that are athletic freaks that need to be developed more often than naught bust than they do pan out so I'm not surprised teams passed on him for safer more polished receivers.

And you have to consider he wasn't even the best WR at Ole Miss with them having A.J Brown so that I'm sure impacted his draft stock as well.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DK blocking is so funny to watch, Even linebackers crumple under his blocks. lmao!

He is like Bam Bam as a WR!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved this pick. I believe I graded it an A or A+ (someone can find my post from April, feel free).

He's picked up the route running MUCH faster than everyone anticipated. If he stays healthy he could easily be the best WR in the league in a couple years given who is throwing to him.

HUGE steal. Most analysts rated it very highly. Surprised so many teams passed on him... but again, he was a HUGE boom/bust prospect. It helped tremendously that he was drafted into a team with a future HOF QB, one of the best quiet WRs in the league in Lockett (who was coached up by a hell of a possession receiver in Baldwin) and stable coaching/FO group.

Had Metcalf gone to say... the Dolphins... IMO completely different results. Metcalf end of day really came into the perfect org for developing a raw receiver... which is where Seattle has generally made profit in the draft.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly DK's stock is on the rise after the record setting game in Philly and overall really strong rookie year. I'm generally iffy on taking WRs with early draft picks because they usually take 3+ years to develop, and then you get them for maybe 1 really good season before having to pay them big bucks or watch them leave town. Golden Tate is a really good example of that. However, it looks like we may have nailed it with DK. At this rate, even if all we get out of him is his first 4 years it looks like a worthwhile use of draft capital.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly DK's stock is on the rise after the record setting game in Philly and overall really strong rookie year. I'm generally iffy on taking WRs with early draft picks because they usually take 3+ years to develop, and then you get them for maybe 1 really good season before having to pay them big bucks or watch them leave town. Golden Tate is a really good example of that. However, it looks like we may have nailed it with DK. At this rate, even if all we get out of him is his first 4 years it looks like a worthwhile use of draft capital.

Honestly, isn't that really true of any position? We got 4 good years out of Frank Clark and then we traded him because we weren't going to pay him 120 mill. We've lost a few lineman because we weren't going to pay them.

Honestly, PC/JS have been looking for a DK type receiver since they came to Seattle and have had limited success. If DK can continue to develop in the areas he's not great at yet, situation awareness and route running, he is going to be a monster for Russ. Assuming they both can stay healthy, he could be the lynchpin of the offense for the next 3-4 years at the least.

FTR, Golden Tate was a somewhat unique case given the rumors about him.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Tyler Lockett's contract to run through the 2021 season it would seem to me that once his is up it'll be time to extend DK. Hopefully there's still room for both, but if DK continues to grow there's no doubt in my mind that he becomes the priority WR on this team. I can't imagine this regime would spend high dollar on two WR's when it's a run first concept so chances are he would take over the #1 while Tyler would eventually move on; the next few years will be awesome watching these two light it up though.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, isn't that really true of any position?

No, I don't think it is. You can plug RBs in right away and get production. Same with DBs and OL. Golden Tate wasn't Golden Tate until year 4, so we got that 1 good year from him and then he went off and got paid and saw his peak production somewhere else. Most of the time, WRs on a 2nd contract will be way better than on the 1st.

We got 4 good years out of Frank Clark and then we traded him because we weren't going to pay him 120 mill. We've lost a few lineman because we weren't going to pay them.
Yes, but at least we got multiple good years from those guys on their rookie deals....Unger, Clark, Okung.

Honestly, PC/JS have been looking for a DK type receiver since they came to Seattle and have had limited success. If DK can continue to develop in the areas he's not great at yet, situation awareness and route running, he is going to be a monster for Russ. Assuming they both can stay healthy, he could be the lynchpin of the offense for the next 3-4 years at the least.
Totally agree, which is why I think we walked into something really good with DK that wouldn't normally be the case. WRs might bust more than any position but QB.

FTR, Golden Tate was a somewhat unique case given the rumors about him.
Are you talking about the RW wife thing? We still got 1 really good year from him out of 4 and had to either pay him or let him walk, regardless of that stuff. We chose, unwisely, to invest in Harvin instead (which is another no-no for me: paying big bucks to bring in a receiver from somewhere else) instead, and we already had Baldwin to pay.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't think it is. You can plug RBs in right away and get production. Same with DBs and OL. Golden Tate wasn't Golden Tate until year 4, so we got that 1 good year from him and then he went off and got paid and saw his peak production somewhere else. Most of the time, WRs on a 2nd contract will be way better than on the 1st.

RBs are a bit different. And Tate was good in his 3rd year once Russ showed up. Most players hit their peak in their 2nd contract. RBs are probably

Yes, but at least we got multiple good years from those guys on their rookie deals....Unger, Clark, Okung.

Sure. Some players make immediate impact. Some take a few years.
Totally agree, which is why I think we walked into something really good with DK that wouldn't normally be the case. WRs might bust more than any position but QB.

Agreed

Are you talking about the RW wife thing? We still got 1 really good year from him out of 4 and had to either pay him or let him walk, regardless of that stuff. We chose, unwisely, to invest in Harvin instead (which is another no-no for me: paying big bucks to bring in a receiver from somewhere else) instead, and we already had Baldwin to pay.

Well I would argue 2 good years. He had more TDs in his 3rd year than 4th. And Tate wasn't a super expensive player when he left. I think he got something like 8 mill a year. IIRC, he even said he would consider a home town discount. I think the Seahawks just didn't want him back.