• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DJax Signed

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
scares me with some of the attitude RG3 has shown for him to come out and say DJAX is my kinda guy, amidst gang allegations and all

At this point half the teams already come out saying we should sign him so in that case were really in trouble

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread needs a new title. I refreshed to team page saw DJax Signed as the top thread and got really excieted then really really disapointed in a 3 second span. Now is not the time for these shenanigans.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well short of just bending over and taking it like a pron star, looks like Allen is doing everything he can to make this deal happen. If that were not the case, I would expect Jackson would have already been on a plane headed west by now.

Next 24 hours should be interesting.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I don't know how the Redskins can afford to let this guy get away. Never mind the fact that the Redskins free agency up this point has been average, and in some people's eyes that's being kind when you take into account expectations leading into free agency.

What he brings to the field, what he would do for Reed and Garcon, not to mention RG3 and Morris is game changing. I like the Clark signing, I would like to see him take a leadership/mentor role with Jax the same way he did with Sean. Remember Sean was chasing down people with bats over ATV's when he got to D.C. Sean loved Ryan.

But most importantly the rift that might ensue in the locker room if they DON'T get him. What are you telling RG3, Garcon, Hall, Baker, the fans? All of which have openly pleaded management to get this done. You head into the season deflated saying they had a chance to get Jax and let him get away. That would not go over well.

There is baggage, for sure. This is not a washed up Deion, McNabb, Jason Taylor, Trotter, or any of the other old guys Snyder used to run in here. This is a guy who is a pissed, and is coming off of his best year.

You leave free agency with Dallas's most productive defensive player and arguably Philly's most productive offensive player. Not bad at all.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update....

BWilliamsonESPN Bill Williamson
RT @NBCdianna: DeSean Jackson had a flight this evening he didn't get on. He has stayed in DC tonight per sources. #Redskins

Looks like both sides want this deal to happen. Its just about getting the numbers right I would think. If Jackson though the Niners were a better situation and would pay equal or better, he would be in the air already.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson to 49ers LMAO. They don't have near the cap, but I hope it happens (could care less as a Hawks fan). Harbaugh and him combined would be a complete disaster lol.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are certain players that you just don't lowball. He's one of them. I mean this whole thing has basically just fallen into the Redskins lap. They just tried to sign a guy that has been arrested 9 times, I can hear the Principal from Ferris Bueller now, "9 times," and he's not even any good. Happy to hear that he is staying. I had kind of figured when I heard that Skins officials were leaving the building we were out of it.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I don't know how the Redskins can afford to let this guy get away. Never mind the fact that the Redskins free agency up this point has been average, and in some people's eyes that's being kind when you take into account expectations leading into free agency.

What he brings to the field, what he would do for Reed and Garcon, not to mention RG3 and Morris is game changing. I like the Clark signing, I would like to see him take a leadership/mentor role with Jax the same way he did with Sean. Remember Sean was chasing down people with bats over ATV's when he got to D.C. Sean loved Ryan.

But most importantly the rift that might ensue in the locker room if they DON'T get him. What are you telling RG3, Garcon, Hall, Baker, the fans? All of which have openly pleaded management to get this done. You head into the season deflated saying they had a chance to get Jax and let him get away. That would not go over well.

There is baggage, for sure. This is not a washed up Deion, McNabb, Jason Taylor, Trotter, or any of the other old guys Snyder used to run in here. This is a guy who is a pissed, and is coming off of his best year.

You leave free agency with Dallas's most productive defensive player and arguably Philly's most productive offensive player. Not bad at all.

The message you are sending to the team is we aren't panicking. If he leaves and signs for 10 mil/season elsewhere...good...their mistake.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update...

john_keim John Keim
Redskins really want to get this done with desean Jackson. Fear has been all along if he left it would be bad. Desire high on both sides.

Side note... if any one was willing to outbid us, they would have done it by now I think. I get the feeling there is a hang up on guaranteed money or length of the deal. Maybe both.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you gkekoa, but at 3-13 are we really in the position to take that stance? I could see us having that mindset a year ago this time. We could say, hey, we just ripped off 7 in a row, won the division, led the league in rushing and were up 14-0 on Seattle before Griffin III tweaked his knee. I just don't know if this is the guy you try and prove a point to. Be stingy with the people you should be stingy with. It's like poker, you check, check, check, and then when you get that ace of a hand(jackson falling into your lap) you go all in. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jackson is thinking I can go home and win a ring for 5 or I can stay here for 7. Either way, I expect a major season from Jax followed by a lengthy hold out at camp next year.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you gkekoa, but at 3-13 are we really in the position to take that stance. I could see us having that mindset a year ago this time. We could say, hey, we just ripped off 7 in a row, won the division, led the league in rushing and were up 14-0 on Seattle before Griffin III tweaked his knee. I just don't know if this is the guy you try and prove a point to. Be stingy with the people you should be stingy with. It's like poker, you check, check, check, and then when you get that ace of a hand(jackson falling into your lap) you go all in. Just my 2 cents.

So you think it's a good idea to give a troublesome guy that has a history of bitching about money after signing a five year deal...2 years in 10mil per season is no longer good enough for him...and then having to cut him because we can't handle him either.

We have a 3rd year QB that hopefully plays like he did in year 1 but you want to put our foot in quick sand and only hope we don't sink?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you gkekoa, but at 3-13 are we really in the position to take that stance. I could see us having that mindset a year ago this time. We could say, hey, we just ripped off 7 in a row, won the division, led the league in rushing and were up 14-0 on Seattle before Griffin III tweaked his knee. I just don't know if this is the guy you try and prove a point to. Be stingy with the people you should be stingy with. It's like poker, you check, check, check, and then when you get that ace of a hand(jackson falling into your lap) you go all in. Just my 2 cents.

If some one were offering more than us, he would be on the plane already. So in this case you call and see if he is bluffing. Dont get me wrong, I think he would be a very nice piece to add. But not something you go all in on right now. Stick to the plan. Make a deal on our terms. If we were not willing to over pay our own guys (which we were not) we should not over pay some one from outside. Which to this point we really havent.

Blunt8384

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get Jackson then in theory he should be able to get a ring here. At that point there is no more excuses for RG3. He will have been given every weapon imaginable. If we are not successful at that point we will have another coach vs. QB controversy over who did what. GAURANTEED. I hope we sign Djax and it all works out.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just depends on how you structure the contract. Signing bonus, spread it out. I would have a breaking point, i mean 10 is a lot, but this team needs what he brings to the field. We have invested so much in Griffin. We have to do everything in our power to give him a chance to be successful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update....

john_keim John Keim
And, yes, I do think this is where I think desean wants to be. But the deal has to be right.