• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DJax Signed

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, here's where I say FUCK YOU gkekoa. You stupid holier than thou, opinionated, brick-headed fuck. You don't know one tenth as much as you think you know and when you open your yap, you just prove it to everyone. You are acutally dumb enough to think that EVERY murderer goes to prision? LOL that is possibly the most clueless, clown shit I have ever heard. Sometimes, when people talk about things you know nothing about, it's better to just shut the fuck up, instead of opening your mouth and showing us all how much of a bone-headed, dumbfuck you truly are.

So, if my friends are at the bar or in the neighborhood, I should not talk to or take flicks with them because they've killed the guys who were trying to kill them, or sold drugs because they had no other options? ......makes perfect sense to an uppity, moron, suburbanite, who doesn't know jack shit about urban life or how underprivledged folk have to survive....

...keep living the American fuckin dream gkekoa.

Every murderer...nope. Most...yes. And from there...the guys you hang out with...you said they have committed numerous murders. If they have committed numerous murders, they are also by definition "serial killers."

Killing a guy that is trying to kill you is not murder...it's self-defense.
There are always other options.

Good to see you can flip out for no reason. It's all good though.

BTW...if you think I am "holier than thou," you totally miss the point. Sorry if I don't take putting yourself in bad situations as necessary and then feel bad for you when it bites you in the ass.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice its the same culprit who starts talking shit every time......used to do the same thing on the ESPN board.......thinks he knows everything in God's creation and sits in judgment. Well this ain't ESPN.....

....fuck outta here with that bullshit.

Can you show me where I started it? You made it personal.

Where did I judge any more than anybody else does? Is murder wrong or not?

If you had any self-control, you would have seen I was happy with the signing...I was happy with the contract because it gave us an out...but as usual, you want to read what you want to read.

Brock2005

Intellectual Bully
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I guess calling someone an idiot is cool where you come from, gkekoa? We all know that you always act like you're God on the boards. You've been doing it for years. I'm going to follow Sharks lead and diffuse the direction of this thread. However, you don't have any idea what you're talking about on this. You haven't lived it. So, you can't speak on it. It's easy to sit in the comforts of a nice quiet neighborhood and talk about what other folks should and shouldnt do. The inner city is a virtual war zone. I have buried SEVERAL friends as a result of this. They have to live in that, you and I don't. Unless you have lived it or been around it, you are completely unqualified to speak on it. My folks respect what I have achieved and know not to jam me up or put me in harms way. I'll tell you what my boy said a few weeks ago before he hopped in my car.....'Wait a minute, let me put the burner back in the house'....... and another.... 'hold up man, I'm dirty, let me stash that before I ride'. Thats how my boys look out for me.

.....and we ride and party with no issues. I will NEVER disown them.

Last edited by a moderator:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock, we don't always see eye to eye, but I agree with you 100% on this. And it is true for all walks of life. No one knows what challenges the other guy faces until they walk in their shoes for a while. I respect your position on this.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I guess calling someone an idiot is cool where you come from, gkekoa? We all know that you always act like you're God on the boards. You've been doing it for years. I'm going to follow Sharks lead and diffuse the direction of this thread. However, you don't have any idea what you're talking about on this. You haven't lived it. So, you can't speak on it. It's easy to sit in the comforts of a nice quiet neighborhood and talk about what other folks should and shouldnt do. The inner city is a virtual war zone. I have buried SEVERAL friends as a result of this. They have to live in that, you and I don't. Unless you have lived it or been around it, you are completely unqualified to speak on it. My folks respect what I have achieved and know not to jam me up or put me in harms way. I'll tell you what my boy said a few weeks ago before he hopped in my car.....'Wait a minute, let me put the burner back in the house'....... and another.... 'hold up man, I'm dirty, let me stash that before I ride'. Thats how my boys look out for me.

Its Friday, and all I will say on this topic in light of Brocks comment is this, and I am quoting some one else, though I forget who originally said it...

Simply put, the easiest way for a man to lose his way is to forget where he came from. Because if you dont know where you came from, you can never truely know where you are going.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That I admire Brock. You seem to think everything I said is directed at you. Frequently, guys who came from "the hood" and live a certain lifestyle end up paying for it later. Biggy Smalls and Tupac lived it and died as a result. Sean Taylor even had a hint of it in his life but he turned away from it before he was tragically murdered in his house (not as a result).

When people have everything to live for and overcome their past, I find it idiotic to put yourself in bad situations and that includes keeping company with known criminals.

First you said your boys were murderers...then you said they were defending their lives...two very different things.

Does this mean I think people should turn their back on where they came from? Absolutely not. If DJ was using his fame and money to rebuild and help out "the hood," I'm all for that. He can even keep relationships with these guys, if he's trying to turn their lives around and they are showing improvement. But flashing gang signs and honoring the gang by naming it in their style is not helping.

Brock2005

Intellectual Bully
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the point, you don't know what he's doing. You don't know what I'm doing.......you just don't know. You can't speak on what you don't know. I'll give you an example of how little you know. Neither Biggie nor Pac lived ANY of the crap they talked about and neither died from being gangsters. Pac died because he tried to leave Death Row and Bigge died because he TALKED about being a ganster and had beef with the entire west coast because of it. NEITHER of them were gangsters by any stretch of the imagination. Sean Taylor had ZERO association with it.
My boys ARE murderers, they took out the people who were a threat. Just like we do in the middle east. It was NOT self defense, its war. Check Chicago for an example. Again, you find it idiotic because you dont understand it and are not from it. You can't have an opinion on it unless you understand it, you cant understand it unless you have lived it.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, let it rest. NO one wins this argument. Brock, you are right unless you lived in that culture, you dont understand it. BUt we have been through this before, and you know I disagree on the concept that they have no choice. They dont have a choice they find acceptable, but they always have a choice.

GK, you are right, we all do choose who we associate with and have to deal with the good and bad of the choies we make. But you are wrong in insinuating that just because some one keeps ties with people in that culture, then they must condone and therefor be a part of that culture.

The whole truth of this debate likely falls some where in the middle. Jackson is a Redskin, cant change that for at least the next two years. The team was smart in how they structured the contract and at the end of the day, if he is even 3/4 as good as he was in Philly he makes our offense better. Now both of you please, sit down STFU and have a cold Dr Pepper or something on this topic. :peace:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, let it rest. NO one wins this argument. Brock, you are right unless you lived in that culture, you dont understand it. BUt we have been through this before, and you know I disagree on the concept that they have no choice. They dont have a choice they find acceptable, but they always have a choice.

GK, you are right, we all do choose who we associate with and have to deal with the good and bad of the choies we make. But you are wrong in insinuating that just because some one keeps ties with people in that culture, then they must condone and therefor be a part of that culture.

The whole truth of this debate likely falls some where in the middle. Jackson is a Redskin, cant change that for at least the next two years. The team was smart in how they structured the contract and at the end of the day, if he is even 3/4 as good as he was in Philly he makes our offense better. Now both of you please, sit down STFU and have a cold Dr Pepper or something on this topic. :peace:

I never said you condone it if you associate with people who do it. That's just it.

I always say the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

This whole discussion came up because I stated I liked the contract because it protects the Redskins.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the point, you don't know what he's doing. You don't know what I'm doing.......you just don't know. You can't speak on what you don't know. I'll give you an example of how little you know. Neither Biggie nor Pac lived ANY of the crap they talked about and neither died from being gangsters. Pac died because he tried to leave Death Row and Bigge died because he TALKED about being a ganster and had beef with the entire west coast because of it. NEITHER of them were gangsters by any stretch of the imagination. Sean Taylor had ZERO association with it.
My boys ARE murderers, they took out the people who were a threat. Just like we do in the middle east. It was NOT self defense, its war. Check Chicago for an example. Again, you find it idiotic because you dont understand it and are not from it. You can't have an opinion on it unless you understand it, you cant understand it unless you have lived it.

The point is, neither do you with regard to Jackson. I go by evidence.

I can only go by evidence with regard to you. Forgive me for going by the words you speak and using those as evidence for what you do.

You can't speak on what you do not know either.

The rest is hyperbole and I am not getting into it, again.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bNUQdIkm8nA[/ame]

I didn't want to sign DJax (I wanted him out of the NFC East). Thought the downside of character and cost didn't out weigh the upside for me, as an "old school" type fan. I will root for him as a skin, regardless, being a fan of the team first and foremost, always.

He obviously brings a ridiculous amount of talent and upside to our offense. No one can deny his talent, just his character. Hopefully, he has matured, will continue to do so, and this very public cut from Philly has shown him the ramifications of some of his past behaviors and will give us some promise and hope of better actions in the future, as a skin.

This is an interesting take from an Eagles fan. He brings up a lot of the positives for the skins signing DJax, not the least of which, being the loss of him, from Philly.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up in a neighborhood where I knew people who were victims of violence and knew people who did acts of violence. If you were going to hang around or be at places the tough/bad guys were at you had to know what was cool and what wasn't but you were never required to be one of the bad guys. I imagine that is the deal with Jackson.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At the end of the day, he is a Redskin. He makes us better and I am very happy to get him. Not to mention, he's one of my favorite players in the NFL. I couldn't really root for him, too much because he was an Eagle. He has killed us in the past. Smh We needed a WR to stretch the field. We have one (Aldrick Robinson), but he can't seem to consistently catch the ball. Not to mention, he can't get on the field. DeSean is not quite an elite WR ala Pierre Garcon, but an elite playmaker and is still very dangerous, when given the chance to return punts.

His contract isn't back breaking, either. I did the math. Aqib Talib, who has a lot of baggage, received a $56 mil contract, along with $28 mil up front. Meanwhile, we got DeSean and Jason Hatcher for a combined $52 mil and $30 up front. Good job, Bruce Allen! By the way, signing Aqib Talib was something that I was totally against. He has more baggage than DeSean, imo. Not to mention, he's injury-prone. Well, that's the Broncos' problem. DeSean is the Redskins problem and I think he will be worth the risk.

Brock2005

Intellectual Bully
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That video is hilarious!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That video is hilarious!

Yep. The equivalent would probably be if say the Skins traded RG3 for what was perceived to be a very cheap price. No doubt some fans would be rejoicing on the surface and stating things like "Yep - he is a cancer, injury prone & was never going to be the savior". However - objective fans might have an opinion like the one from this guy.

It is very hard for a lot of fans to be reasonable and objective while something major like this is occurring. Quite often in hindsight they see the true value of the player and can make a reasonable judgement (of course they will have the benefit of seeing how both teams performed subsequently). Very refreshing point of view from this fan (and no doubt other Eagles fans have the same take).