• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Djack is apparently a team leader in DC

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, can you imagine how bleak their locker room must be? Djack can barely string five words together but in DC he is the one giving the St Crispin's Day motivational speeches.

Jackson's RG3 speech helps fill Redskins void
2014-11-10 13:32

ASHBURN, Va. (AP) - It has taken DeSean Jackson, of all people, to provide a Washington Redskins leadership moment.

Last week, before the team broke for the bye, the veteran receiver sensed possible team division over the decision to bring Robert Griffin III back as the starter over Colt McCoy.

So Jackson stood up at the end of a full team meeting in the Redskins Park main auditorium and said everyone needs to unite behind the coaches' decision.

Players said they were surprised because Jackson is typically a quiet guy who leads by example. They say his short speech had an impact.

Jackson said Monday he wishes there were more vocal leaders in the locker room.

---

AP NFL websites: Professional football news from the Associated Press and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's starting to sould like a real troublemaker huh?

As the Redskins prepared to go their separate ways for the bye last Tuesday, controversy swirled around Robert Griffin III and his teammates.

One report suggested Griffin had alienated himself in the locker room. Another hinted that the decision to start Griffin in Minnesota had come from the front office.

DeSean Jackson heard the reports. And right before the players left for their five-day break, the veteran wide receiver let Griffin—and the test of the Redskins’ locker room—know how he felt.

“I just wanted to stand up and let [Griffin] know I’m supporting him,” Jackson explained on Monday, the first day back to practice for the Redskins, “and hopefully everybody else can support the situation, too.”

Standing up and addressing his teammates is out of character for the soft-spoken wide receiver. But Jackson felt strongly that this situation called for a statement from the team’s best player.

“’I felt me being new to this team, understanding where I’ve been in the past and where I’ve been in my career, I just felt it was needed,” Jackson said. “Silence is sometimes a good thing, but if you have a vocal opinion on a certain topic or certain situation that needs to be spoken on, that how I felt and that was …my message.”

“As far as [the] players, we have to understand the importance of supporting one another,” he added. “We’re in this locker room together, we work so hard, we compete, we do all them great things together. But if everyone is not on one page …it’s really hard to go out there and get the benefit of the doubt.”

After speaking to the group, Jackson also had some words for Griffin.

“For him, sometimes he has a lot of pressure on himself and tries to do a little more than what he’s asked to do,” Jackson said. “In reality we just need him to be himself. You can’t have the world on your shoulders. You have to have people around you to help you and make it easier for yourself. That’s why you have players like me, [Pierre] Garçon, Jordan Reed, Alfred Morris. That’s kind of the message I told him.”

DeSean Jackson has message for Redskins about RG3 | Comcast SportsNet Washington

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sometimes it takes a rough experience to mold someone, to wake them up.

Green Head

Formally Cape May Eagle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it appears the opposing team members at KFFL came over here to?

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish he could lead us to last place. :(

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best player ever... As long as the game doesn't matter. Wouldn't surprise me if he had a record breaking career in DC and the skins never sniff the playoffs.