• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Division Tie: H2H?

Should season series winner settle a tie?

• Yes.

• No. Play game #163

Results are only viewable after voting.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasting another pitcher right before playoffs for both teams is BROKEN.

H2H after 19 games where only one more game is played at one home field is FIFTY FIFTY statistically and a very fair way to break a tie.

Wasting a pitcher and having to play yet another game after 162 is a way worse proposition.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you dolts and trolls have a hard time thinking, but try to stay on point.

There’s a tie between two division teams for the title after 162 games in ~ 187 days.
19 games have been played between them.
54% home field advantage overall falls to virtually FIFTY FIFTY when nine are played at one field and ten at another.
One team will be division champ and one will in most cases be a wild card team.

A. Use the NINETEEN games between them as a tie breaker for the title.

B. Have both teams waste pitcher, one headed into a wild card game the nExt day for their playoff life.

B is a much worse proposition.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you dolts and trolls have a hard time thinking, but try to stay on point.

There’s a tie between two division teams for the title after 162 games in ~ 187 days.
54% home field advantage overall falls to virtually FIFTY FIFTY when nine are played at one field and ten at another.

B. Have both teams waste pitcher, one headed into a wild card game the nExt day for their playoff life.

Those are the rules. They've been in place for a very long time. All the teams were aware of the rules before the season started. You lost, twice on your home field where it's a 50/50 proposition according to you and your data, so stop whining. Wow man, are you Maddon?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha...what a putz... doesn't like reality, so still whining like a 6 year old...and handing out invites to the pride parade.. I'll pass dude, that's not how I roll

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhh...it's really difficult to rainbow somebody's posts...

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any statistician will tell you that 19 games is too small a sample.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team benefited from the 163rd game rule and was able to play LA for the title. That said, it's ridiculous to play the 163rd game.

There isn't another major sporting league that doesn't use tiebreakers to decide division winners. Furthermore, those other sports play far less games than MLB.

I don't feel sorry for the Cubs. The rules are there and they should have been able to win one of those home games.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @ the Cubbies.

Real impressive offense when it mattered. Maybe if Joe Cool fucked with his lineup a little more? Or if Terrance Gore added more to his career high 5 ab's?