• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dishwasher no power?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea it was just a thought of why it wouldnt have power lights on the front.

Hey guy check your garbage disposal does it run? :D

:rip: to Sharks' dishwasher.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh id say if all other outlets in the area are working barring something funky there would be something wrong with your unit.

a thermal fuse would not likely be the problem, those usually only trip after the unit has been used, they are basically a self resetting breaker so use makes them heat up and downtime resets it by allowing it to cool so that is not likely the culprit (but who am i trying to diagnose it over the internet with nothing more than "the lights dont turn on")

God dammit NU just give me answers... ANSWERS, YOU FUCK!

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God dammit NU just give me answers... ANSWERS, YOU FUCK!
LOL if it were me id pull the unit out and explore what i could, if it turned out to not be something stupid simple (something that a new unit wouldnt fix like house wiring/breaker/gfci outlet weirdness) i would buy a new one and not waste money on repairing an old one :D that was my inital gut reaction and my gut is never wrong so go with it :D

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL if it were me id pull the unit out and explore what i could, if it turned out to not be something stupid simple (something that a new unit wouldnt fix like house wiring/breaker/gfci outlet weirdness) i would buy a new one and not waste money on repairing an old one :D that was my inital gut reaction and my gut is never wrong so go with it :D

Excellent. I will buy a new one, and if any thing is wrong with the wiring in the home, will blame and sue you accordingly. You're the best NU...... for now....

source.gif

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent. I will buy a new one, and if any thing is wrong with the wiring in the home, will blame and sue you accordingly. You're the best NU...... for now....

source.gif
giphy.gif

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah I have power... I think NU was spot on with the assessment on buying a new one.

And often I do dishes by hand. I run the dishwasher when I'm feeling lazy and at least once a month to make sure seals don't break, etc. but really don't generate that many dishes for a full load.

I make girlfriends and the occasional guests eat off paper plates. Less cleanup and puts them in their place.
I used to in my old place. The dishwasher where I am now is a little smaller, so I can fill it up, and not run out of dishes. Only stuff I hand wash now are pots/pans, knives, and other stuff that can't/shouldn't go in there.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm retarded... there's a switch not far from my dishwasher (light switch) that I swore has never done anything, but is for the dishwasher. It somehow got flipped off (cleaning or bumped, whatever). I did try flipping it back on but nothing, BUT apparently you have to PRESS something on the dishwasher with it on for it to light up. I always thought the switch was off.

:L

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm retarded... there's a switch not far from my dishwasher (light switch) that I swore has never done anything, but is for the dishwasher. It somehow got flipped off (cleaning or bumped, whatever). I did try flipping it back on but nothing, BUT apparently you have to PRESS something on the dishwasher with it on for it to light up. I always thought the switch was off.

Retarded wiring for the win!!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol:

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So what did it cost you to have someone flip the light switch

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what did it cost you to have someone flip the light switch

The service guy tried to hide it but I saw him kind of look down like, "Oh wow... how the fuck is someone paying this guy this much money to afford a condo like this?" I said, "Well I'm retarded... sorry man, least it was a quick service request. That was a fast way to blow $100." And he got on his phone and was like, "I canceled the request, so you wont get the $100 charge." I was like, "Thanks man." As he left he couldn't even look me in the eye.

At least he'll have fun telling his friends about "this asshole's place I went to this morning to fix a dishwasher... mother fucka can't even operate a fucking light switch?"

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sitting here racking my brain on why your dishwasher is wired through a switch.....do you have a disposal?

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had that at one point.... I disconnected the switch and hard-wired the dishwasher to the outlet just above the counter after buying a new dishwasher. Then, I added a light fixture above the sink.

Turned out to be a bigger and costlier project than I first thought, too....

Should've just hired someone...

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sitting here racking my brain on why your dishwasher is wired through a switch.....do you have a disposal?

Could be code...