• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

purdy on moore

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"...It only makes sense, then, to send Thornton over the boards for the most important defensive minutes of the game. It also might be a necessity at this juncture. The man he'll likely replace on the PK unit is Dominic Moore, who has been a huge disappointment if not a complete flop. Moore was acquired in a February trade from Tampa Bay with a good penalty-kill reputation. The thought was that he could take PK time away from the likes of Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski and Logan Couture, keeping them fresher for even strength play.

Instead, Moore has frustrated the entire team with inconsistent play and has been on the ice for two of the Blues' five power play goals in this series, as well as one of their even-strength goals. Moore hasn't been impressive in other areas, either, including faceoffs. He's a good candidate to not even dress Thursday night and be a healthy scratch, at least from the looks of things at Wednesday's practice. Moore's penalty-kill partner usually has been Daniel Winnik. But over the years, Thornton has paired with just about everyone on the roster."

I couldn't have said it better myself :-) Been saying this for nearly 2 months since he first arrived. Too bad dougie was such a fucking idiot to acquire him (and for a mid 2nd rounder no less) and todd an equal idiot to keep dressing him and throw him out there game after horrible game. I guess after 30 scoreless games, a huge minus, terrible PK work, and complete failures in every aspect of the game, the message was finally received.

Hopefully, it's not too little, too late.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
waste of a roster spot...unfortunately that line has been skating together a bit now...bringing in another will disrupt some chemistry, if there was any to begin with...but it must be done.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can we dress Ben Fairy-O?? And is frazier Mcclaren still on the roster, and throw in Zues as much as I think he's a bum. They cant possbily be shittier then the 3 stooges Moore, Winnik & Gagmeardi

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we dress Ben Fairy-O?? And is frazier Mcclaren still on the roster, and throw in Zues as much as I think he's a bum. They cant possbily be shittier then the 3 stooges Moore, Winnik & Gagmeardi

hell Doug Wilson might have to suit up to save his job!

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
hell Doug Wilson might have to suit up to save his job!

Would he be able to play without a helmet or would people on NHL 2Night think that would mean an automatic concussion as soon as he steps on the ice for warmups?

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only argument here is that he played on a system that actually attacks the Power Play rather than sitting back and waiting for something to happen (like a horn and red light...). He may just be the right guy in the wrong system (like Selanne playing for Min).. but then WHY THE FUCK BRING HIM HERE???!!!

Its like they just keep throwing shit at the wall hoping for something to stick, I can't figure the reason for some of these moves.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only argument here is that he played on a system that actually attacks the Power Play rather than sitting back and waiting for something to happen (like a horn and red light...). He may just be the right guy in the wrong system (like Selanne playing for Min).. but then WHY THE FUCK BRING HIM HERE???!!!

Its like they just keep throwing shit at the wall hoping for something to stick, I can't figure the reason for some of these moves.

REP!

plus im stealing your "fuck Raffi Torres" line too! haha

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from ESPN...remember last year???? hello????

Tmac is so fired IMO.

Poor penalty killing doomed the Sharks last postseason as they gave up nine power-play goals in a five-game Western Conference final loss to Vancouver.

After a slow start this season, McLellan appeared to have fixed the problem by mixing up units and stressing shorter shifts as the Sharks held opponents to an 18.1 percent success rate for a three-month stretch beginning in early January, compared to the 30 percent mark for the rest of the season.

But San Jose allowed six power-play goals in the final two regular season games to Los Angeles and finished 29th overall. The problem has only gotten worse this series.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NJ set a record for best PK for a year or something like that at 90% during the regular season. Versus FLA, they are 40% (4 for 10).

At least the Sharks are consistent.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So dispite the fact that Marleau and Pavelski have both been on the ice for more PP goals against since the last two games against LA the problem lies with Moore. Lets also not mention that Colin White has been on the ice for seven pp goals against in the last five game dispite not playing in every game.

Overall it's a very even dispersal among forwards as to who's on the ice for PP goals against. That's a strong sign that it's a system issue not a personell one. Congratz to the author on his complete fail to understand the game!

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont think the problem is whos on the ice, the problem is they they run a small box PK but stand in that box without moving AT ALL. its 4 non moving parking cones out there no matter who they put on the ice

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think the problem is whos on the ice, the problem is they they run a small box PK but stand in that box without moving AT ALL. its 4 non moving parking cones out there no matter who they put on the ice

I'm hoping Jumbo and his long reach will be more aggressive and help improve the PK. Hopefully we aren't even on the PK.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
discipline, decent officiating and hard work for 60 minutes and they might be alright.

that being said, as bad as i think Moore is, i think the fault is more with the PK system or coaching than a particular player.

was the PK ever good since Tmac took over? i thought his first year it was good but the PP was bad? anyone remember?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

This is exactly the problem.

I understand that they are running the small box to cover for rebounds but in doing so they are opening up way too many passing and shooting lanes.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So dispite the fact that Marleau and Pavelski have both been on the ice for more PP goals against since the last two games against LA the problem lies with Moore. Lets also not mention that Colin White has been on the ice for seven pp goals against in the last five game dispite not playing in every game.

Overall it's a very even dispersal among forwards as to who's on the ice for PP goals against. That's a strong sign that it's a system issue not a personell one. Congratz to the author on his complete fail to understand the game!

Their PK is just a joke, and it doesn't matter who is out there. None of them have been any good.
As for Moore, he hasn't done anything to help this team at all. He had a couple of good games right after they first aquired him, but that was it. He's far from being the only problem, but he's definitely one of them.
I've always defended Wilson and think the majority of his moves are good ones. But giving up a 2nd round pick for Moore has just been awful. I didn't like the McGinn trade either, but Winnik has been mostly solid. Galiardi has been a waste.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Speaking of the 3 Stooges, if you take a close look at the Sharks coaching staff, they really do look like the 3 Stooges. Moe is obviously TMac with the bulldog look, and of course Shaw and his shiny globe is Curly. The tougher resemblance is Larry and Woodcroft. But they each have funky hair in their own way. Larry with the big Fro on the side and bald in the middle, and Woodcroft with the shoe polish look. Looks like the 3 Stooges...coaches like them too :)

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the 3 Stooges, if you take a close look at the Sharks coaching staff, they really do look like the 3 Stooges. Moe is obviously TMac with the bulldog look, and of course Shaw and his shiny globe is Curly. The tougher resemblance is Larry and Woodcroft. But they each have funky hair in their own way. Larry with the big Fro on the side and bald in the middle, and Woodcroft with the shoe polish look. Looks like the 3 Stooges...coaches like them too :)

192.jpg

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was kind of surprised that a hockey article written by Mark Purdy was being cited as a source of hockey knowledge.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was kind of surprised that a hockey article written by Mark Purdy was being cited as a source of hockey knowledge.

bwahahaha that is funny i think thats the second time an article of his has been posted here and as always its has selective use of facts and not the entire story