• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Disappointing

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another lackluster offensive game for the Reds. Castillo allows only 5 hits, but three of them leave the yard. But on the bright side..... Free Pizza for the fans. I'd rather the Reds FO issue an apology and a partial refund to season ticket holders.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

The Reds I think are 0 for 20 something, with men in soring position.

I also agree about Votto. He just doesn't seem right. He's missing pitches that he used to consistently hit. And he isn't helping the team at all right now.
Maybe letting him rest the rest of the year might help him next year. But I'm sure that won't happened.

Where did that Schebler crouch come from.? was it something he came up with or was it the hitting coach. Made him a very easy out. And you saw what happened when he didn't do that. I just wish he would have hit the HR the bat the time before that when bases were full.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It figures. Long rain delay and I didn't see the game. So they score 12 runs.

Homer out, Mahle in.
I agree with the move. But if Homer isn't pitching, why even have in the dugout?

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be surprised if they get todays game in. They started yesterdays game an hour early, but they got a win out of it

Two grand slams in two days, makes 11 for the year. I am not sure what that means in the grand skim of things. It could have something to do with how bad this team is with runners in scoring position. Reds have left the bases loaded a lot this season

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With as much rain as we got this weekend it's amazing they got all those games in. I didn't see much of the series with all the rain delays.

I did watch Lucas Sims pitch yesterday. His performance looked all too familiar to what we've been seeing from prospects.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know why that game was played. Someone could have been seriously hurt as wet as that field was. There was no fans there to speak of. The game meant nothing as far as the standings are concerned. . That was a long boring game to lose for either team. And just think the way these two teams score it could have went long into the night before it was over Didn't make sense.

Might have, more of the same tonight

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It pretty much rained the entire weekend. It just shows how well they build the newer ballparks in terms of drainage.

At Riverfront they'd roll out the zamboni and spray the water out past the outfield wall.

Crosley they'd play doubleheaders with that much rain. Saturday and Sunday would have been washed out. They probably wouldn't have made up those games this late in the season between two non-contenders. The only thing those games could affect is the June Draft position of the Reds and Padres.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very over cast today, but it doesn't look like it supposed to rain. So the rest of the home stand looks good to go.

That's based on whether you trust the weather man's forecast. The Reds do a really nice job in managing the weather delays. They're generally right on top of pending rain and openings big enough to get the games in. Not many rain outs in Cincinnati.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There wasn't any rain, but there wasn't much pitching either. Both SP were lousy.

If the Dodgers miss the playoffs it'll be in large part due to losing 5 games and maybe more to the Reds.

Scooter surged back on top of the batting title race going 4-5 tonight. Votto leads in OBP and Suarez in RBI's. You'd think a team with multiple players leading the league in those categories wouldn't be a lock for last place, but that illustrates just how bad this pitching is.

The pitching staff leads in a few undesirable categories of their own. There's really no evidence that suggest this pitching is going to get better anytime soon.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reed did a good job of getting out of that jam in the 1st inning . but at this point and time ... He is not a starter, but he might be ok for the bullpen. They need to find
someone else

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had hoped to avoid adding anything to this board. Aside from this one outpost, it's populated by fools.
So I will conclude my 2018 analysis by saying that if this franchise wants to be relevant, they will take out 4 rows of seats, make outfield wall 4 feet higher and stop trying to turn 98 mph groover ball pitchers into relievers.

Nobody is going to win giving up this many home runs. If the ballpark isn't your ally, you need exceptional pitching. The 2012 masterpiece has happened once in NL history; there is a reason for that.

There isn't more to say about the Rigged Reds. They can't really upgrade and the plea for a pitching ace is ridiculous. What, the league is just going to hand one over because the Reds need one?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had hoped to avoid adding anything to this board. Aside from this one outpost, it's populated by fools.
So I will conclude my 2018 analysis by saying that if this franchise wants to be relevant, they will take out 4 rows of seats, make outfield wall 4 feet higher and stop trying to turn 98 mph groover ball pitchers into relievers.

Nobody is going to win giving up this many home runs. If the ballpark isn't your ally, you need exceptional pitching. The 2012 masterpiece has happened once in NL history; there is a reason for that.

There isn't more to say about the Rigged Reds. They can't really upgrade and the plea for a pitching ace is ridiculous. What, the league is just going to hand one over because the Reds need one?

Piss off, no one gives a fuck whether you're here or not, squeaky

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Piss off, no one gives a fuck whether you're here or not, squeaky
Well, in light of your response, I plan to post way more often now.
I might even create several profiles and post all of them.
Every day, sometimes once an hour.
Just endless commentary.
eND LESS

ENd less.

Ennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndlesssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in light of your response, I plan to post way more often now.
tumblr_md63wpnP1d1rjggnyo2_400.gif

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just put the bigoted jerk on ignore so that's pretty much how he will be treated.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whiners who wanted Scooter to be traded or benched should consider that this guy will get one chance ever to win a batting title. I think Riggleman realizes that. So that gives Dilson Herrera a chance to win the job in March.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your welcome here John and have been missed. I hope you stay. You know we stay with Baseball here everything else is irrelevant as far as this board is concerned.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could take out four rows in the outfield and more. It's not like they need them based on tickets sales.

They could always reintroduce Goats Run. There's been no shortage of goats during this rebuild

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Riggleman is trying to win as many games as possible. Scooter playing gives him the best chance to win now and next year. I think Scooter will be extended.

If the Reds were sold on Dilson Herrera they'd find a spot for him to play. I think he may be on thin ice.

They've been taking an extended look at Brandon Dixon. He has value in his defensive flexibilty and shows power. I don't think he hits enough, but today's game prioritizes power over average.

Mason Williams is a guy that seems to be lost in the mix. He's steadily hit, but doesn't appear to getting much consideration. Doesn't showcase much power which seems to be a disqualifying factor these days.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mason has gotten enough PT to show that he's a dependable 4th outfielder. I think he's also worth 20 dingers a year in the right mix. The idea is, I guess, to go with Winker, Schebler and Ervin next year, Hamilton if he isn't dealt. Dixon can stay on the roster pretty cheaply. Trammell is another year away. Senzel is the mystery prize. Dixon's job would be to give Votto days off.

With Scooter, he either believes he's a .320 hitter or he doesn't. His shoulder will likely heal but his range won't change. So far the league hasn't figured him out, so that's probably a good thing. I think the Reds will sign him and piss off the experts again. Dilson is out of options. I think he's worth more in trade than he is on the Reds roster. Maybe they can turn him and Federowicz into a No. 3 starter -- giving the Reds at least four guys who fit that role.

I agree on Rigs. It's not his current job to project the future. He's interim and that's all he will be. If the Reds were going to hire him, they'd have already announced it.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Castillo pitched well last night and is having his best month of the season. The problem has been prolonged inconsistencies. He's been good one month and poor the next. He's the only top shelf potential guy in the mix, but unless he becomes more consistent he'll continue to disappoint.

I'm a little surprised that Michael Lorenzen hasn't gotten a chance to start.