• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Disappointed - different focus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm thoroughly disappointed in MY. He's completely choked this post season. I wasn't surprised he played horrible last year (aside from the notorious check-swing HR AB) because he wasn't super-clutch last season. However, I really thought this post season would be different. He was so money this whole year.

The first three guys get hits (ugly but effective for Elvis/Josh), and all I was thinking was please Wash have the guts to make MY sac bunt the guys over. Of course he's allowed to hit and grounds into the inning-killing DP. I just feel like getting even that 2nd run in the first inning against Fister changes the complexity of this game and let's Cobra pitch with more confidence. Oh well.

If Wash has any stones, MY will not hit #4 in the line-up tomorrow. I'd drop him to the 7 spot and move AB to #4 and Cruz to #5. That's just me.

PS - I've seen enough of Koji and Yoshi is treading on super-thin ice.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep Cruz in the 7th spot, for some reason he does well there. I'd swap Nap and Mike.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thoroughly disappointed in MY. He's completely choked this post season. I wasn't surprised he played horrible last year (aside from the notorious check-swing HR AB) because he wasn't super-clutch last season. However, I really thought this post season would be different. He was so money this whole year.

The first three guys get hits (ugly but effective for Elvis/Josh), and all I was thinking was please Wash have the guts to make MY sac bunt the guys over. Of course he's allowed to hit and grounds into the inning-killing DP. I just feel like getting even that 2nd run in the first inning against Fister changes the complexity of this game and let's Cobra pitch with more confidence. Oh well.

If Wash has any stones, MY will not hit #4 in the line-up tomorrow. I'd drop him to the 7 spot and move AB to #4 and Cruz to #5. That's just me.

PS - I've seen enough of Koji and Yoshi is treading on super-thin ice.

Agreed. I never understood the thought process behind having Young hit clean up when we have all hands on deck.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I never understood the thought process behind having Young hit clean up when we have all hands on deck.

Especially not the way he has been hitting all month. It needs to look like this.

Kinsler
Andrus
Hamilton
Beltre
Napoli
Young
Cruz

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is called good pitching. Rangers came up against an awesome pitching team in the Rays which kind of got them out of sync. Then they go against another fine team with good pitching. Now the Rangers are definitely helping these guys out a bit but the pitching is solid and good pitching can shut down good offense. However, the Rangers do need to break out of their funk.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Young was left in the cleanup spot b/c Napoli and Beltre were raking where they were when Beltre returned from the DL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well MY delivered a big hit today, so he's off the hook for now, but I'm still not comfortable with him in #4 spot.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think it is called good pitching. Rangers came up against an awesome pitching team in the Rays which kind of got them out of sync. Then they go against another fine team with good pitching. Now the Rangers are definitely helping these guys out a bit but the pitching is solid and good pitching can shut down good offense. However, the Rangers do need to break out of their funk.

Agreed, but great hitters come through in the clutch against good pitching especially when presented with multiple chances. MY came through today with RBI "double".

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're 6-2 so far, that's all that really matters. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Beltre, Napoli, and Cruz are all hitting well behind him. I don't expect him to stay cold, my bet is he has a big world series. Seems to be the trend. Beltre had a huge ALDS but isn't doing much this series. Cruz looked lost in the ALDS but is becoming an October legend in this series. I say keep everyone where they're at and let Mikey hit through his slump. He came through big tonight. It's not like he's having terrible at bats. He'll come around.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
glad our opinions are just that opinions. Wash seems to have made the right calls so far

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We're 6-2 so far, that's all that really matters. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Beltre, Napoli, and Cruz are all hitting well behind him. I don't expect him to stay cold, my bet is he has a big world series. Seems to be the trend. Beltre had a huge ALDS but isn't doing much this series. Cruz looked lost in the ALDS but is becoming an October legend in this series. I say keep everyone where they're at and let Mikey hit through his slump. He came through big tonight. It's not like he's having terrible at bats. He'll come around.

Man I hope so on MY, though we need to get to the WS first lol. Hopefully, he can get some confidence after the big 2-out RBI hit in the 6th. Sometimes one big play can alter a player's play dramatically, serve as a catalyst. That and MY should never grow a beard again!! lol

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I hope so on MY, though we need to get to the WS first lol. Hopefully, he can get some confidence after the big 2-out RBI hit in the 6th. Sometimes one big play can alter a player's play dramatically, serve as a catalyst. That and MY should never grow a beard again!! lol

agree about the beard