• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dilfer says kaep is one read qb

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With seven games remaining, San Francisco should have no problem handling teams like the Washington Redskins, St. Louis Rams, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Atlanta Falcons, yet the 49ers are in for a rude awakening when they have to square off against the New Orleans Saints, Seattle Seahawks and Arizona Cardinals.

This writer might want to revisit the Rams-Colts game yesterday before saying anyone "should have no problem handling" the St Louis Rams.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well its what he's has shown all season... even in his best game against the Packers he was a one read and force it in, hence boldin with north of 200 yards that game.. it is something he shows every week and has been talked out in this board. All the talent in the world and but he needs to adapt to what's going on. The book is out on kap.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we use mcdonald like we used walker last season, i think our offense will have more flow to it. also we need to use hunter more and attack the outer edge of the defense, imo that woulda helped yesterday big time.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well its what he's has shown all season... even in his best game against the Packers he was a one read and force it in, hence boldin with north of 200 yards that game.. it is something he shows every week and has been talked out in this board. All the talent in the world and but he needs to adapt to what's going on. The book is out on kap.

That was the case last year, too, as Crabtree accounted for a huge proportion of our passing yards. A lot of people criticize our other WRs, and rightly so, but they could/should be doing more if Kap got to them in his progressions. He's not doing it right now.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we use mcdonald like we used walker last season, i think our offense will have more flow to it. also we need to use hunter more and attack the outer edge of the defense, imo that woulda helped yesterday big time.

Yep, apparently Miller is the only guy in the playbook that uses that part of the field.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well as I alluded to in another thread and I don't mean to completely excuse Kap but I believe part of the blame is on Roman/Harbaugh.

Because the whole "one read" was even said when Alex Smith was QB. That the 9ers made Smith's job easy because all Smith had was one read.

So to me that means Roman/Harbaugh have created a passing attack with passing plays centered around one read so it shouldn't be a surprise that when that one read is covered the play breaks down.

And I again I don't mean to excuse Kap because there are areas he himself can be better at but also like I've said all throughout this year is he doesn't have a ton of starting experience so I attribute a lot of things to typical growing pains of a young QB that was on the raw side coming out of college.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Much easier said than done... Delanie Walker was a WR converted to TE.. Walker is a more polished route runner than McDonald.. It will take a while for McDonald to be the Delanie Walker type...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as I alluded to in another thread and I don't mean to completely excuse Kap but I believe part of the blame is on Roman/Harbaugh.

Because the whole "one read" was even said when Alex Smith was QB. That the 9ers made Smith's job easy because all Smith had was one read.

This is generally speaking, but someone here after the Colts' game was talking about how it seemed that Kaepernick refused to check down and instead took off running or taking a sack (foot problem), making him look indecisive. Alex would check down more if he didn't see his first or second read, perhaps giving up on the play too early but cutting his losses. Until Kaepernick gets the balance of taking advantage of his arm and the defense and cutting his losses, it's going to be hit or miss at times (overall good). If you limit your offense whether it's because of your quarterback (Smith) or because saving it for the future (playoffs), these things will happen.

Having said that, I put these losses on the coaches. I hope that they're not trying to hold back too much. It worked last year because of how new it was. This year I feel that even if we abandon what were good at in order to save it, the teams know that we have it in arsenal. Therefore, they will still prepare for it and were losing close games to teams that we should beat. These losses do have an effect even if the playoffs are more important. I think that we thought that we could get by with what we've used. And then we didn't this time. As always, execution is an issue when you lose like this, but I put the majority on the coaches.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tired of hearing Kaep has no weapons to throw to. That is a bunch of BS! Kaep changes the plays to much at the line of scrimmage and only looks at one wide out. Its my understanding that the 49ers line up with 2 WR, 1 TE, 1RB 1 FB on most offense plays and that is 5 options to get one of them the ball. Gotta keep your head on a swivel and look at all of your options.

*Plus the O Line needs to play better too.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much easier said than done... Delanie Walker was a WR converted to TE.. Walker is a more polished route runner than McDonald.. It will take a while for McDonald to be the Delanie Walker type...[/QUOTE]

McDonald has no hands either. The one good pass kaepernick threw all day was the long one right in McDonald's hands that he dropped. That was a game changer.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick just looks a little lost in the pocket. I have no idea why. It wasn't the case last year as much.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much easier said than done... Delanie Walker was a WR converted to TE.. Walker is a more polished route runner than McDonald.. It will take a while for McDonald to be the Delanie Walker type...[/QUOTE]

McDonald has no hands either. The one good pass kaepernick threw all day was the long one right in McDonald's hands that he dropped. That was a game changer.

Yeah, a defender had his hand on McDonalds arm and pulled it down as he was catching the ball. Not like he fumbled it away.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Dilfer may be right. Kaepernick is good at pre-snap reads, but his reads during the play have to get quicker and more numerous if he's going to be great (or even good) QB.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kaepernick just looks a little lost in the pocket. I have no idea why. It wasn't the case last year as much.

Last year teams did not have spy for when he tried to take off if the play was not there. This year, they have LB's waiting on him to take off

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One read doesn't mean he targets the same receiver over and over it means whoever the first read is in his progression he locks onto. (maybe you knew that, not trying to be a smart ass)

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had it in both hands. he's got to catch that one. ou don't get ver many passes on your hands with kaepernick.

Just saying a defender was pulling at it... not like he dropped a pass unscathed. But I agree he needs to catch that. Just not sure I wan't to complain too much about that one. It was a nicely thrown pass, but a defender was on him.