• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dilfer says kaep is one read qb

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dilfer may be right. Kaepernick is good at pre-snap reads, but his reads during the play have to get quicker and more numerous if he's going to be great (or even good) QB.

Manningham dropped a couple easy ones and after vernon davis left the game we have no one that can take the top off a defense. I didn't see a lot of open receivers yesterday that were getting ignored. So not sure how its so easy to tell Kaepernick is not going through is progressions. The biggest difference this year in our passing offense seems to have hinged on Vernon Davis getting injured. When he goes out so does the passing game.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manningham dropped a couple easy ones and after vernon davis left the game we have no one that can take the top off a defense. I didn't see a lot of open receivers yesterday that were getting ignored. So not sure how its so easy to tell Kaepernick is not going through is progressions. The biggest difference this year in our passing offense seems to have hinged on Vernon Davis getting injured. When he goes out so does the passing game.

Manningham is prone to do that. But at least he is an NFL caliber receiver, unlike anyone else on the team not named Boldin. But when an NFL defense only has to cover one side of the field they are going to shut the opposition down.

Last edited by a moderator:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDonald should've made that catch... if he wants to lobby for more targets and build something with both Kap and coaches, he needed to make that catch. Kap hit him near perfectly... couldn't ask for better unless your greedy...

Vance had the catch and just needed to hold on to the ball tight against his body... get strong Vance!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDonald should've made that catch... if he wants to lobby for more targets and build something with both Kap and coaches, he needed to make that catch. Kap hit him near perfectly... couldn't ask for better unless your greedy...

Vance had the catch and just needed to hold on to the ball tight against his body... get strong Vance!

Do you think the Indy game was due to Kaepernick not trusting anyone other than Boldin? If do, this game didn't help. He doesn't buy into the "we don't have any WRs," does he?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the Indy game was due to Kaepernick not trusting anyone other than Boldin? If do, this game didn't help. He doesn't buy into the "we don't have any WRs," does he?

IDK if its by design or its on Kap, but early in the season and pretty consistent throughout, Kap locks on to Boldin...

Kap's first look is Boldin

The play design moves or creates room for Boldin

Opportunities for KW, Baldwin, Patton, Vance and our RBs were close to non-existent... could it been that the WRs couldn't get open, maybe but all game every game? fuck no, that cant be true..

Has Kap bypassed the open underneath man or missed the crossing WR cuz he doesn't look elsewhere? yes he has...

I blame the Indy game let down more so on Roman/Harbs than Kap... we were running, IIRC, very well against the colts and it was moving the chains. THen BAM, we don't run the ball anymore and gave it to the passing attack which did not come through.

And to add, I never looked Kap as a reason we lost. It's early in the season wk3, you know maybe he's still working on chemistry and timing.. Sure, things will improve as the season progresses right? :L

Davis was hurt and left but damn, is that it? WR2,3,4 or TE2 can't be trusted?

Last edited by a moderator:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To beat a dead horse... Wrs receptions through this week

Boldin - 41
Kw - 12
MM - 3
Baldwin - 3
and 1s across

i mean... its telling that the other WRs didnt get looks...

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's Maiocco's take on Dilfer's comments in today's chat:
"I think he struggles when his first read is taken away from him and his second read is not wide open. I don't see him staying in there and making quick decisions. He's too eager to get running out of the pocket when all he might need to do his readjust his feet. I don't see him making throws to help receivers go make a play. He has a lot of confidence in Crabtree, so maybe we'll see him take a major spike when Crabtree returns."

I find this really disturbing -- Harbaugh has had success with quarterbacks all through his coaching career, I also read something a while ago by Kawakami about how detailed Harbaugh is in coaching quarterbacks. The idea that Kaepernick has had two training camps, one as the starter, and is not doing this at this stage makes me wonder how long until he gets it. The other problem with this is that as someone else pointed out, good teams with good defenses will be able to take away his obvious first read (like Seattle with Sherman on Crabtree), and daring him to beat them by doing his progressions. Maybe this is chicken little, but if this is the book on Kaepernick now that's not good.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here's Maiocco's take on Dilfer's comments in today's chat:
"I think he struggles when his first read is taken away from him and his second read is not wide open. I don't see him staying in there and making quick decisions. He's too eager to get running out of the pocket when all he might need to do his readjust his feet. I don't see him making throws to help receivers go make a play. He has a lot of confidence in Crabtree, so maybe we'll see him take a major spike when Crabtree returns."

I find this really disturbing -- Harbaugh has had success with quarterbacks all through his coaching career, I also read something a while ago by Kawakami about how detailed Harbaugh is in coaching quarterbacks. The idea that Kaepernick has had two training camps, one as the starter, and is not doing this at this stage makes me wonder how long until he gets it. The other problem with this is that as someone else pointed out, good teams with good defenses will be able to take away his obvious first read (like Seattle with Sherman on Crabtree), and daring him to beat them by doing his progressions. Maybe this is chicken little, but if this is the book on Kaepernick now that's not good.

The thing is, if he does not have confidence or trust in his receivers, he will need to see them open first before throwing the ball instead of anticipating they will be open and throwing to a spot... Trust is the key.. he had formed that type of trust with Crab last year and Davis this year.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe what we need is someone who has access to the coaches film stuff to see who was open on plays and whether CK even had time to see/throw to them.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe what we need is someone who has access to the coaches film stuff to see who was open on plays and whether CK even had time to see/throw to them.

On that subject, I am stunned that the 49er offensive line, after yet another sieve-like performance, remains so highly rated. They are terrible in pass protection.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
On that subject, I am stunned that the 49er offensive line, after yet another sieve-like performance, remains so highly rated. They are terrible in pass protection.

Is it all on the Oline? When a QB decides to take off and get's caught behind the line of scrimmage, that still counts as a sack... How many times did Kaep get caught when he was taking off?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it all on the Oline? When a QB decides to take off and get's caught behind the line of scrimmage, that still counts as a sack... How many times did Kaep get caught when he was taking off?

Not all on the O Line, I agree. kaepernick panicks way too early but he got smashed a few times with little or no time to throw.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what i do to see those films... either shuts me up or proves a point...

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly i just think dilfer just wishes he had half of kap's arm

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"""It might shock you to learn that San Francisco's passing game ranks dead last in the NFL, averaging just 173.9 yards per game, and that's not even close to the team in the No. 31 slot (Bay Area rival Oakland, 187.6). Kaepernick has thrown just nine touchdown passes against six interceptions this season, and that split is a pedestrian six-six in his past eight games. He has four games this season with a completion percentage of 50 percent or less (he had none in 2012), has thrown for more than 200 yards and completed as many as 16 passes only once since Week 1 and his passer rating has slipped to a mediocre 83.1. ""

These are not mediocre numbers, these are horrendous numbers and certainly cause for deep concern.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"""It might shock you to learn that San Francisco's passing game ranks dead last in the NFL, averaging just 173.9 yards per game, and that's not even close to the team in the No. 31 slot (Bay Area rival Oakland, 187.6). Kaepernick has thrown just nine touchdown passes against six interceptions this season, and that split is a pedestrian six-six in his past eight games. He has four games this season with a completion percentage of 50 percent or less (he had none in 2012), has thrown for more than 200 yards and completed as many as 16 passes only once since Week 1 and his passer rating has slipped to a mediocre 83.1. ""

These are not mediocre numbers, these are horrendous numbers and certainly cause for deep concern.

Well said. Teams are daring Kap and the Niners to beat them with the pass. Slow down Gore and the Niners are in trouble. No deep threat aside from VD. A loss to the Saints will drop them to 6-4 and will have to fight for a wild-card spot. I see the Niners finishing no better than 10-6. Hope that's enough to get into the playoffs.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think we're fighting for the wild card now... with the panthers at #5 IIRC, we're battling/holding off two NFC north teams and maybe surprises from the NFC East/West down the road....

lets right the ship

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said. Teams are daring Kap and the Niners to beat them with the pass. Slow down Gore and the Niners are in trouble. No deep threat aside from VD. A loss to the Saints will drop them to 6-4 and will have to fight for a wild-card spot. I see the Niners finishing no better than 10-6. Hope that's enough to get into the playoffs.

I have them at 10 and 6 as well. They'll lose to New Orleans, Washington and Seattle in the next 4 games and will win the last 3 of the season.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have them at 10 and 6 as well. They'll lose to New Orleans, Washington and Seattle in the next 4 games and will win the last 3 of the season.

The Redskins are poop. 3-6 in an awful division. We match up well with teams that have good offenses and shitty defenses. I know you like to say your nays and of course any given Sunday, blah, blah but to say we will definitely loose to poop is just too strong of a statement IMO. We could lose to the Redskins, but a definite loss? And a definite win over the Rams? No.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Redskins are poop. 3-6 in an awful division. We match up well with teams that have good offenses and shitty defenses. I know you like to say your nays and of course any given Sunday, blah, blah but to say we will definitely loose to poop is just too strong of a statement IMO. We could lose to the Redskins, but a definite loss? And a definite win over the Rams? No.

The Redskins on the road are going to be a tough out. They are playing a lot better of late. You watch, they will give the 49ers all they can handle with the 49ers being at the end of back to back east coast games on the road. I think they will frustrate Kaepernick and shut him down while scoring just enough to win. I'll say 20 to 16, scoring late in the 4th to win. Let's revisit this in two weeks where I will happily eat crow if I am proven wrong.