• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Difference in QB eras

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, nothing has been rebutted, ok?

All of it has, repeatedly.

You simply ignore the points made and post another list of random guys' 40 times or some other diversion.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Don Hutson who actually would have to deal with bigger stronger DBs today... guys who run 4.3-4.4 .. you think that he would be able to play today.

But Otto Graham who would basically just have to hit his targets today same as 70 years ago.. according to you he could not compete in today's NFL.

That's just ass-backwards, guy. You make no sense.
So Don Hutson who actually would have to deal with bigger stronger DBs today... guys who run 4.3-4.4 .. you think that he would be able to play today.

But Otto Graham who would basically just have to hit his targets today same as 70 years ago.. according to you he could not compete in today's NFL.

That's just ass-backwards, guy. You make no sense.

Hutson is the only player from the 30;s with any kind of chance of maybe making an NFL roster, He had legit speed and could catch a football, no sure thing but can realistically be talked about. He is a one time athlete an oddity.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of it has, repeatedly.

You simply ignore the points made and post another list of random guys' 40 times or some other diversion.

You seem to wander around in a fantasy dude.

If you really think a 182 pound QB's can play NFL football even today you are crazy.

If any of those athletes in the 30;s or 40;s had been born in the 2000's they would have been been better, bigger, faster, simply common sense. That is totally different than taking old timers as they were and time machining them.

Last edited:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hutson is the only player from the 30;s with any kind of chance of maybe making an NFL roster, He had legit speed and could catch a football, no sure thing but can realistically be talked about. He is a one time athlete an oddity.

He was also the same size as Sammy Baugh and he would actually be facing and matching up physically against today's DBs who are not only bigger than him, but who routinely run 4.4-ish 40s.

These are the same current day DBs that you seem to think Graham and Baugh would have so much trouble with even though size/strength/speed of DBs literally does not matter to a QB who only has to hit his targets with his passes.

So with this suggestion of yours that Hutson would be competitive current day, but Baugh & Graham would not, your theory just went from bad to worse. Good work!

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was also the same size as Sammy Baugh and he would actually be facing and matching up physically against today's DBs who are not only bigger than him, but who routinely run 4.4-ish 40s.

These are the same current day DBs that you seem to think Graham and Baugh would have so much trouble with even though size/strength/speed of DBs literally does not matter to a QB who only has to hit his targets with his passes.

So with this suggestion of yours that Hutson would be competitive current day, but Baugh & Graham would not, your theory just went from bad to worse. Good work!
[/QUOTE]

Paul Warfield 188 pounds, Antonio Brown 185 pounds, Don Hutson 185 pounds, what is the problem? Warfield was a colllege running back at 188, he also ran a 9.6 100, which is what Hutson was suppose to run, so what is the problem?

Don Hutson is on a lot of football geeks like myself all time team next to Rice, he was something unique.

Show me any NFL QB at 182 pounds,

By the way last Heisman winner a 174 pound WR

Last edited:

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't ramble on about race for obvious reasons but in order to make sense with this topic the fact old timers never faced black athletes must be mentioned, this is a big deal. Baugh never faced that pass rush, those 4.4 cornerbacks.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a board service announcement

STOP FEEDING THIS TROLL

Did I bring this up, ah.....nope!!!!

Anyone ever see a 182 pound NFL QB, ah....nope!!!!

Dumb ass kids troll, I work off history and the facts, If you can;t hang dealing in reality then don;t waste my time.

This is funny....

poster....Rodgers the best QB today
me....Mahomes, Wilson?
poster.....I said Rodgers, stop trolling

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Warfield 188 pounds, Antonio Brown 185 pounds, Don Hutson 185 pounds, what is the problem? Warfield was a colllege running back at 188, he also ran a 9.6 100, which is what Hutson was suppose to run, so what is the problem?

Don Hutson is on a lot of football geeks like myself all time team next to Rice, he was something unique.

Show me any NFL QB at 182 pounds,

By the way last Heisman winner a 174 pound WR

You make my point for me. Weight does not matter for a QB and I honestly have no idea why you think that it does.

Do you think QBs take more physical punishment than WRs?

180 is fine for a WR but not a QB? Please tell me why that makes sense.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make my point for me. Weight does not matter for a QB and I honestly have no idea why you think that it does.

Do you think QBs take more physical punishment than WRs?

180 is fine for a WR but not a QB? Please tell me why that makes sense.

Whoa! Don't get off Hutson, he is bigger than Smith that stud Alabama receiver and just as fast, so no reason he couldn't make an NFL roster, would he star, of course not.

Yes a 180 pounds will work for a WR but not a QB just like 300 pounds will work for a guard but not a QB, you really don't get why ya can't have a 180 pound QB?

Wow!

Dude, 270 pound D tackles vs a 180 pound anyone, think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You gotta be kidding me.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes a 180 pounds will work for a WR but not a QB just like 300 pounds will work for a guard but not a QB, you really don't get why ya can't have a 180 pound QB?

No I don't and I'd like for you to explain it to me using your own words.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You actually need somebody to explain to you how important weight is for all athletes?

Is this really happening?

You just said 180 was ok for a WR, but not QB.

Why can a WR weigh 180, but not a QB?
Why can a Darren Sproles have a successful career at 190, but it according to you it would be impossible for a 180-something guy to succeed at QB?
You realize that WRs and RBs take a much more physical punishment than QBs, right?

So try to focus. These are a very specific questions. Please answer all 3.

If you dip, dodge & change the subject rather than answering this will be my last post in this thread. While your trolling has been somewhat entertaining I think it's played out.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
?

Why can a Darren Sproles have a successful career at 190, but it according to you it would be impossible for a 180-something guy to succeed at QB?
You realize that WRs and RBs take a much more physical punishment than QBs, right?

If you dip, dodge & change the subject rather than answering this will be my last post in this thread. While your trolling has been somewhat entertaining I think it's played out.

Darren Sproles benched 225 23times, he is 190 pounds of solid muscle, And he doesn;t stand there with 270 pounds baring down on him.

NFL running backs deliver the punishment and all have been since high school, they have speed and muscles, that is not Tom Brady.

WR's don't go banging into anyone and are usually taken down by a lone tackler, Once again they aren;t just standing there.

If this guy for real, he really thinks a 180 pound QB would work in the NFL?

Who else thinks that?

Going to go visit another site ask the question could a 180 pound QB make it in todays NFL, watch what happens.

Last edited:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put 220 pounds on the bench, see how many reps ya can knock out.

Now put 180 pounds on the bench, notice you can knock out a lot more reps?

Darren Sproles benched 225 23times, he is 190 pounds of solid muscle, And he doesn;t stand there with 270 pounds baring down on him.

NFL running backs deliver the punishment and all have been since high school, they have speed and muscles, that is not Tom Brady.

WR's don't go banging into anyone and are usually taken down by a lone tackler, Once again they aren;t just stnding there.

If this guy for real, he really thinks a 180 pound QB would work in the NFL?

Who else thinks that?

Going to go visit another site ask the question could a 180 pound QB make it in todays NFL, watch what happens.

Your theory that today's QBs take more punishment than QBs of old would meet with even more derision. I guarantee it and that is what your entire theory is based upon. It's just a flat out asinine assertion. QBs today almost never take the hard hits that RBs and WRs take routinely.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your theory that today's QBs take more punishment than QBs of old would meet with even more derision. I guarantee it and that is what your entire theory is based upon. It's just a flat out asinine assertion. QBs today almost never take the hard hits that RBs and WRs take routinely.

Dude, stop comparing QB's to RB/WR that is beyond stupid. Drew Brees is similiar to Mark Ingram, hahahaha!!!!!

Dude, what is about the NFL is played by a total diffrent kind of athletes today than back in the day aren't you getting? And if you can't figure out playing 16 games on fake turf isn't different than 12 on grass...........wow!!!!!

Dude, you appear totally lost.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who reading this thinks a QB weighing 180 pounds could have an NFL career today?

Nobody will want to own that, watch!

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, stop comparing QB's to RB/WR that is beyond stupid. Drew Brees is similiar to Mark Ingram, hahahaha!!!!!

Dude, what is about the NFL is played by a total diffrent kind of athletes today than back in the day aren't you getting? And if you can't figure out playing 16 games on fake turf isn't different than 12 on grass...........wow!!!!!

Dude, you appear totally lost.

This entire weight thing that you're hung up on is based upon the premise that a QB today takes more punishment than QBs in the old days. That's just completely false, as anyone who knows anything about the game will tell you.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This entire weight thing that you're hung up on is based upon the premise that a QB today takes more punishment than QBs in the old days. That's just completely false, as anyone who knows anything about the game will tell you.

Dude, the NFL had no choice, they had to use whoever coud throw a football, so why did they change things, yep,,,,QB;s were taking a beating which cost them $$$$ people come to see the stars, ok guy?

So do you really think they want to return to those days with QB's banged up and missing games? THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So they want to stick a 180er out there, WHAT???????? Are you really that far gone?

You stick a 180 pounder out there and the whole franchise will get laughed at. You really don;t get any of this do ya?

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zack Fein

In this scenario, a positive correlation means that taller or heavier players have better statistics than shorter, lighter players, aside from interceptions, which is the other way around.

We see a small positive correlation between weight and most passing stats (all those except yards per attempt). In each case, as weight increases, the stat in question rises accordingly (or drops, in the case of interceptions).

~~~~~~

Size means power, size means being able to absord more punishment.

Why are there weight divisions in boxing and MMA, well?

At 220 I was able to break more tackles than at 200, simply common sense,