• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did you guys hear this?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right its about what KC has done on the field. How can you compare that limited body of work to what Luck has done in his career? How is that on the same level? Its not about the draft picks. Its a nice out if they cant get anything worked out.

You make it sound like we have Luck already on the roster and still want draft picks. cmon man.
i can compare it easily and i have posted the information . he is just as good

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can compare it easily and i have posted the information . he is just as good

That is laughable. Luck hasn't had the weapons like KC has had. You would take KC over Luck right now? Are you serious?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are on record to take KC over Luck right now.[/QUOT}

i have said that KC has put up numbers that are all time skins numbers and some are historical go look up my post

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so what. answer my question.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suck? The only real blunder I had was Williams over Scherf.

Dude.. .you would have traded up into the first round to draft Moses who eventually went in the third. You honestly thought Kelvin Benjamin WOULDNT go in the first round...

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.. .you would have traded up into the first round to draft Moses who eventually went in the third. You honestly thought Kelvin Benjamin WOULDNT go in the first round...

Bullshit. Where do you get these things? I didn't like Benjamin as a player.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#morefakenews

Det game - Skins defense gives up game winning drive allowing the Lions to drive length of the field in less than a minute. How many times has this game been brought in large part as a justification for Kirk and condemnation of the defense, Are these justifications accurate though?

1st NYG game - after Dustin Hopkins gives the Skins a 29-27 lead with a 37 yd FG with 1:51 left in 4th qt. Sua Cravens seals the victory INTing Eli with 1:09 left in game allowing the Skins to run out the clock.

Cle game - with 7:14 left in the game and the Skins holding a precarious 24-20 lead. Josh Norman INTs Cle's Keesler at the Cle 24 yd ln. And while given a 15 yd unsportsmanlike conduct. KC still drives the Skins 39 yards ending in a short Matt Jones TD making it 31-20 Skins with 4:25 left. Which would end up being the game's final score.

With 2:35 left in the game and the Ravens on the wrong end of a 16-10 score to the Redskins. They drive all the way to the Skins 21 yd ln with 33 seconds left to play. Which is where the Skins D successfully forces the Ravens to surrender the ball on downs and securing a 16-10 Redskins win.

Being unale to stop the Bengals from taking a 27-24 lead with 6:54 left in the game. The Skins def tightens up and on the Bengals next 4 possessions. Force 3 punts and a fumble. Giving the Skins offense an extra possession in overtime, with great field postion at the Cincy 47 yd ln and 1:02 left in OT. The Skins offense, who tied the game back up 27-27 with 1:07 left in regulation also received the ball 4 times after making it 27 all, though 1 possession doesn't count as there was only 1 second left in regulation. On their other 3 possessions all in OT. Their end result was a punt. A missed 34 yd FG att by Hopkins after a nice 10 play, 62 yard drive which also included a big 10 yard holding penalty against Schreff on a 1st n 10 at the Cincy 19 yd ln and on the exttra possession that the Skins defense afforded them. Pierre Garcon negated a 1st dn catch to the Cincy 34 yd ln with an OPI and gained all of -1 yards on 4 plays when it was all said and done.

The very next week the Skins defense came up with several big plays in the game's last 6 minutes against the Vikings. Including an INT by Preston Smith at the 5:53 mark that led directly to the Skins turning a 23-20 lead into a 26-20 lead. A 7 yard sack by Trent Murphy on a Minny 2nd n 10 at the Skins 21 yd ln with 40 seconds left in the game. And the game clinching 14 yard sack by Smith on a Minny 4th n 17 at the Skins 28 yd ln with 11 secionds left in the game.

2nd game against Philly. After literally allowing the Eagles to convert what seemed like 20 3rd n longs into 1st downs throughout the game. Ryan Kerrigan made what was arguably the biggest play of the game. At what was w/o question the most oppertune time to do so. An 8 yard sack/strip on Philly's Carson Wentz that Trent Murphy recovered. On a 2nd n 10 at the Skins 14 yard line with 21 sec left in the game and the Sklns holding on to a very natrrow and what looked to be an extremely shaky 5 point lead

The Skins defense also while allowing a lot of rushing yards to the Giants in week 17. Held the Gmen to 13 points for the game and did enough, at least imo, to give the Skins a reasonale shot at winning a win and you're in the postseason, lose and you go fishing during the psotseason game.

Was the Skins defense subpar pretty much from season's beginning to season's end? Yeah, they were. Due to not applying enough monetary resources to that side of the ball or draft picks, 2nd rate FA acquisitions and bad coaching.. But they also came up big and contributed significantly to closing out 5 of the Skins 8 wins and played well enough in critical spots to give the Skins better thqan decent chances for at least 2 more wins.

You'll never hear Cousins apologists say that though. You'll just hear how shitty the defense was all the time and probably hear about the Det game for the 76856576657th time. And how terrible it was for poor ol' Kirk to have such a shitty defense. Just like you'll hear how poor ol' Kirk had go deal with such a terrible running game in 2016 and how it was soooo much better in 2014.....oh wait! That's right. That was more fuckin bullshit..

There we have another book to explain why logic isnt actually logical.

top ten offense, bottom three defense. Long and short is, with a better defense we make the playoffs period. You can write war and peace as to why we shouldnt resign Cousins but the fact is, you dont have a better option. YOu can spit out that maybe any stiff can win eight games, and hell MAYBE even do better. BUt the reality is, if you are not improving you are getting worse.

Keeping Kirk we SHOULD be able to improve over what we have.

Replacing him we MIGHT go either way.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So yea I think its safe to say that in 2015 our rushing game was WORSE than it was in 2014... but dont let that fool you right??

In other words the rushing game of 2016 that everyone complained about and said wasn't shit. Was w/o doubt better than 2014 and 2015. Even though I don't recall anhywhere close to the complaints for the rushing games of 2014 and 2015..................even though they didn't match to 2016.......the year our rushing game was so fuckin terrible according to so many. Gotcha.

Do you think we are better off with Cousins at QB, or rolling the dice??

Short term probably not. Though I don't see a whole lotta difference between going 9-7, winning the NFC East, making the playoffs and immediately getting ass paddled out of the playoffs. Going 8-7-1, finishing in 3rd place in the NFC East and having to kick rocks far as the playoffs go. Going 6-10, finishing in last place in the NFC East and having to kick rocks far as the playoffs go.

Long term, who can say.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There we have another book to explain why logic isnt actually logical.

top ten offense, bottom three defense. Long and short is, with a better defense we make the playoffs period. You can write war and peace as to why we shouldnt resign Cousins but the fact is, you dont have a better option. YOu can spit out that maybe any stiff can win eight games, and hell MAYBE even do better. BUt the reality is, if you are not improving you are getting worse.

Keeping Kirk we SHOULD be able to improve over what we have.

Replacing him we MIGHT go either way.

You can switch out better defense with better QB and make the same argument.

I didn't write anything as it concerns whether or not the Skins should re-sign Cousins. I just wrote what actually happened in some of the games that the Skins played last year. If I said something inaccurate or that was complete bullshit. I'd appreciate it if you point it out to me. I wouldn't have to write shit like War n Peace though if some posters didn't take an imaginary view of certain players or of what actually happened in the games the Skins played last year.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can switch out better defense with better QB and make the same argument.

I didn't write anything as it concerns whether or not the Skins should re-sign Cousins. I just wrote what actually happened in some of the games that the Skins played last year. If I said something inaccurate or that was complete bullshit. I'd appreciate it if you point it out to me. I wouldn't have to write shit like War n Peace though if some posters didn't take an imaginary view of certain players or of what actually happened in the games the Skins played last year.

1. Find me a sure fire better QB and IM all for it. Until then, we are back to butts ifs and maybes.

2. Simple as this, had the defense held up in the Lions game, we make the playoffs. The defense cost us as many losses as Kirk Did. But I think we have a lot better shot at improving the defense than we do at QB right now. And the bonus is, we have to improve the defense no matter what. The only reason we need a new QB is if some one decides Kirk isnt worth the money.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other words the rushing game of 2016 that everyone complained about and said wasn't shit. Was w/o doubt better than 2014 and 2015. Even though I don't recall anhywhere close to the complaints for the rushing games of 2014 and 2015..................even though they didn't match to 2016.......the year our rushing game was so fuckin terrible according to so many. Gotcha.

Short term probably not. Though I don't see a whole lotta difference between going 9-7, winning the NFC East, making the playoffs and immediately getting ass paddled out of the playoffs. Going 8-7-1, finishing in 3rd place in the NFC East and having to kick rocks far as the playoffs go. Going 6-10, finishing in last place in the NFC East and having to kick rocks far as the playoffs go.

Long term, who can say.

Long or short term there's a way to upgrade at the position if we have to this year.

Long term, who can say.
Long or short term there's a to upgrade the position IF WE HAVE TO this year. I know that the ABC (Always behind Cousins:heh:) crowd will dismiss it, but don't just take my word for it, try these:

AJ McCarron a better trade target than Garoppolo?

upload_2017-2-26_19-2-34.jpeg
NFL execs believe AJ McCarron is best QB trade target
SB Nation Cincy Jungle

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what his Head coach and parenthetically the players think about McCarron.........

"We feel really good about AJ," Lewis said at the NFL's annual meeting for 2016. "We drafted him for a purpose. Everybody saw that last year, unfortunately. When Andy Dalton got hurt is why we feel so good about AJ going in and being fortunate enough to pick him in the draft and being able to coach him to get him to where he is. He's everything we want as a quarterback. If he has to lead our football team, our guys are confident they can go in and play with AJ and win games."

His 2014 combine:

upload_2017-2-26_20-8-59.jpegClick to view on NFL.com

1:03
2014 Combine workout: AJ McCarron
NFL.com

......and a scouting report:

upload_2017-2-26_20-7-25.jpegClick to view on NFL.com

3:14HD
AJ McCarron scouting report
NFL.com

.........And a few highlights (take note of his poise, the throws in tight windows and how he extends the pocket)

upload_2017-2-26_20-4-32.jpegClick to view

3:10HD
AJ McCarron 2015 highlights

For those who've asked for better than Kirk in our system right now, I've done the homework for you!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what his Head coach and parenthetically the players think about McCarron.........

"We feel really good about AJ," Lewis said at the NFL's annual meeting for 2016. "We drafted him for a purpose. Everybody saw that last year, unfortunately. When Andy Dalton got hurt is why we feel so good about AJ going in and being fortunate enough to pick him in the draft and being able to coach him to get him to where he is. He's everything we want as a quarterback. If he has to lead our football team, our guys are confident they can go in and play with AJ and win games."

His 2014 combine:

View attachment 155475Click to view on NFL.com

NFL.com

View attachment 155474Click to view on NFL.com

NFL.com

.........And a few highlights (take note of his poise, the throws in tight windows and how he extends the pocket)

View attachment 155473Click to view

For those who've asked for better than Kirk in our system right now, I've done the homework for you!

that is impressive homework. nice job.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His 2014 combine:

View attachment 155475Click to view on NFL.com

NFL.com

View attachment 155474Click to view on NFL.com

NFL.com

View attachment 155473Click to view

Yeah, I've yet to read the links you provided though I certainly will later. But I did hear on NFLN last week that there's a consensus among some NFL folks supposedly in the know. That McCarron is the most desried non-starting QB in the NFL right now. Moreso than NE's Jimmy G even.

The thing is I doubt he comes cheap given all the recent buzz about him. If McCarron is on the Skins radar. Maybe we can do a threeway kinda deal involving us, the Bengals and 9ers. That would alleviate some of whatever package it would take to acquire him.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've yet to read the links you provided though I certainly will later. But I did hear on NFLN last week that there's a consensus among some NFL folks supposedly in the know. That McCarron is the most desried non-starting QB in the NFL right now. Moreso than NE's Jimmy G even.

The thing is I doubt he comes cheap given all the recent buzz about him. If McCarron is on the Skins radar. Maybe we can do a threeway kinda deal involving us, the Bengals and 9ers. That would alleviate some of whatever package it would take to acquire him.

I believe that if we act quickly, he can be had for a conditional early 3rd and if necessary one of our 4th....the later one.

The more telling thing about the way that Cincy and N.E. thus far that we know about, they want guys in the #2 QB spot who could start for them. There's a near consensus here that C. McCoy is a mere stopgap at best. This is what I mean when I talk about upgrading everywhere.