• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

did you all see this?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Over the course of Smith's nine-year tenure in Chicago, the defense ranked first in the league in takeaways, three-and-out drives forced, and third-down percentage, as well as fourth in scoring defense. Most impressively, the Bears scored 34 defensive touchdowns and dominated opponents with a Tampa-2 scheme that utilized simple concepts to help defenders play at warp speed."

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's too funny. I mean, really… what a meatball.

Chicago Bears' playoff hopes falling victim to atrocious defense | NFL.com

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok truce... couple things.
1. When you come back and say things like "Fucked up cookie" it doesn't help your cause.
I have no problem with you disagreeing with me, or having a different opinion, but when you come with that type of comment- you're going to get the "meatball" poser thing back at you. I'm looking for dialog and debate, and to just mix it up- I do this to spark debate and conversation. That's all- I would much rather do that with someone who thinks critically then just spouts off with vulgar insults. I mean really- it's the internet.
2. I appreciate that you recognize that I haven't been on this board and seen the other conversations and what has been said before- I also appreciate that other posters know different personalities and views of players...ie Cutler.
3. My old message board. Was shut down, I found this one. No more to it then that. Some other guys from my old board may join in when the season gets closer. Who knows. (and you will probably see some of the same view points as yourself or as me.) With that said- Over there we had a "no meatball" rule- I know for a few of you the "meatball" thing really rubbed you the wrong way. Well so be it. That's how I approach the Chicago Bears. I'm not going to be overly homer or sugar coat things with "the way it was" I'm also going to point out when someone acts like that. That annoys me.
4. Thanks for attempting to answer the questions- but you made it much too complicated... I was simply looking for "STOP the other team" and "3 plays" that's it. No need for the other stuff- (I really couldn't understand what you were saying...but appreciate the attempt.) I was making a point about this theory about "The defense is Tired- because the offense sucks" something I've seen before from many fans.
5. It's the off season. I know we don't really have much to talk about. There isn't another game next week to move conversations along. During game weeks we will have much more to talk about. I get that. And look forward to it.
6. I'm not here to try and convince anyone of my football knowledge or superiority. That's not what I'm about. believe that or not. Just remember that we are all here for the same reason- Watch and cheer for the Chicago Bears it's that simple. I've said it before, and I'll say it again here...I would gladly buy a beer for any Bear fan. You know that thing when your at the game or a bar and you high five the stranger in the seat or bar stool next to you- cause the Bears just scored... that's how I feel about my old message board- and hope to have that here. All "fighting" for the same cause.

Go Bears!

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you notice richig07 didn't even to bother to actually answer the questions- he just called me a dickhead and came with some stats. Good job brother! Smiles.

(I was talking about 09-12...when I said they averaged 12th.) And what did all those stats and season get Lovie Smith and his defense? Fired. Point is moot. Good job looking up stats though)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you notice richig07 didn't even to bother to actually answer the questions- he just called me a dickhead and came with some stats. Good job brother! Smiles.

(I was talking about 09-12...when I said they averaged 12th.) And what did all those stats and season get Lovie Smith and his defense? Fired. Point is moot. Good job looking up stats though)

Of coooourse you were. How convenient for you now…

Nice try.

You said Lovie's D never got themselves off of the field, yet… they led the entire league in three-and-outs and third down percentage during his tenure.

And yeah… I like to backup my arguments and points with facts. Instead of just rambling about with incoherent analogies and sucking myself into my own bull shit. Try it sometime.

I would have to say that the three-and-out statistics kind of cancels out any theories you had about the defense not being as good as "the sheep all think".

However, what questions do you want answered?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are these the two questions you wanted answered? LMAO

1.When the defense is on the field. HOW do they get off the field and "rest"?

They get off of the field quickly. Which is exactly what they did. Better than any other defense during Lovie's tenure.

1st in forced three-and-outs

1st in third down %

2.What would be the least amount of plays they could face- without forcing a turnover?

Three… hence, they did that more often than any other defense in the NFL during Lovie's tenure.

1st in third down %

Any other brain busters?

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are these the two questions you wanted answered? LMAO

1.When the defense is on the field. HOW do they get off the field and "rest"?

They get off of the field quickly. Which is exactly what they did. Better than any other defense during Lovie's tenure.

1st in third down %

2.What would be the least amount of plays they could face- without forcing a turnover?

Three… hence, they did that more often than any other defense in the NFL during Lovie's tenure.

1st in third down %

Any other brain busters?

Why are you still arguing? Go back and note the Bold that I wrote: 05-07 were great defenses. I'm not disputing that. Last year the Bears defense sucked. Not disputing that either.
What you can't argue your way out of with stats- is this simple fact: Lovie Smith was a good defensive coach, who couldn't consistently get his team into the playoffs. Done.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought Tucker running Lovies Defense was stupid anyway. The DC was going to learn their terms and calls? That never made sense to me. It was like the animals running the zoo. And when everything fell apart last year Tucker got the brunt of it. (deserved a lot, but injuries and no depth really hurt)

Whatever they do will/should be better then last year. I'm really encouraged with what Emery did in bringing in these Free Agents. Stay healthy and they could easily be in the Top 10. IMO.

I thought it was stupid too, but when I found out he ran that same defense which was dead last in the league the year before he was hired, he was not running anything different than he was used to running.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you still arguing? Go back and note the Bold that I wrote: 05-07 were great defenses.

As a casual observer to this thread, wanted to point out that, "were great defenses" wasn't what you said in your Bold... You said, " very good defensive teams ", then you said it was really great of them that they got sacks and turnovers. Never once did you call those years D teams "great". So please don't ask us folks to go back and note things that aren't in your thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was stupid too, but when I found out he ran that same defense which was dead last in the league the year before he was hired, he was not running anything different than he was used to running.

No he ran Lovies defense. With some added wrinkles and many many more injuries

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a casual observer to this thread, wanted to point out that, "were great defenses" wasn't what you said in your Bold... You said, " very good defensive teams ", then you said it was really great of them that they got sacks and turnovers. Never once did you call those years D teams "great". So please don't ask us folks to go back and note things that aren't in your thread.

OMG... Wow... and you're arguing this why?
Lovie's gone. I'm done with him. Trestman and Emery are in charge!
This is exhausting. I can't wait for the season just so we don't have to keep going down this Lovie Smith backtalk.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exhausting. I can't wait for the season just so we don't have to keep going down this Lovie Smith backtalk.

But you brought it up. If you don't want to discuss Lovie and the defense then I suggest you take your own advice and leave it be.

Look Joey, some things you say are spot on, but some things are just fucked up ridiculous. Just like the rest of us. All we care about are three things: 1) you are a Bears fan, 2) when the season starts you cheer along with the rest of us, and 3) don't judge us for our opinions, no matter how ridiculous we sound. You do that and the guys will tolerate you like they do me, Leo, and a few others.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you still arguing? Go back and note the Bold that I wrote: 05-07 were great defenses. I'm not disputing that. Last year the Bears defense sucked. Not disputing that either.
What you can't argue your way out of with stats- is this simple fact: Lovie Smith was a good defensive coach, who couldn't consistently get his team into the playoffs. Done.

BAHAHAHAHAHA

You're literally the dumbest piece of shit on the planet.

Saying the Bears defense couldn't get off of the field… and now what are you even doing? Trying to argue that you were only talking about "certain years"?

You fucking moron… :lol:

You said the Bears defense couldn't get themselves off of the field. Everyone "dink and dunked they're way down the field" against them.

You fucking moron. LMAO. #1 in three-and-outs you fucking piece of shit. What a worthless bag of shit you are. BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA I would kill to see the look on your dumbass face when you saw that the Bears were #1 in three-and-outs during that time. OH MY GOD! BAHAHAHAHAH! What a piece of fucking shit you are! :suds:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone has been drinking.........heavily........!!!!!

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BAHAHAHAHAHA

Saying the Bears defense couldn't get off of the field… and now what are you even doing? Trying to argue that you were only talking about "certain years"?

You fucking moron:lol:

You said the Bears defense couldn't get themselves off of the field. Everyone "dink and dunked they're way down the field" against them.

You fucking moron. LMAO. #1 in three-and-outs you fucking piece of shit. What a worthless bag of shit you are. BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA I would kill to see the look on your dumbass face when you saw that the Bears were #1 in three-and-outs during that time. OH MY GOD! BAHAHAHAHAH! What a piece of fucking shit you are! :suds:

hos·tile
adjective
1.of, pertaining to, or characteristic of an enemy: a hostile nation.
2.opposed in feeling, action, or character; antagonistic: hostile criticism.
3.characterized by antagonism.
4.not friendly, warm, or generous; not hospitable.
noun
5.a person or thing that is antagonistic or unfriendly.
6.Military . an enemy soldier, plane, ship, etc.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
richgi07- Here you go... Some Stats!

QRT 1- 9 plays 80 yards 4:30 Touchdown
QRT 1- 8 plays 47 yards 3:52 Field Goal
QRT 2- 7 plays 58 yards 3:08 Touchdown
QRT 3- 13 plays 56 yards 7:34 Field Goal
QRT 3- 6 plays 62 yards 2:07 Field Goal

This was a very important game. Just sayin. Go Bears! This is going to be a fun year!

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BAHAHAHAHAHA

You fucking moron… :lol:

The guy is clueless. I don't even respond to him anymore because he is such a dope. I don't understand how we always end up with Dingus on our message boards.

It is what it is.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While be bopping along reading through this thread, you made a statement to go back and read what you said, I did... It didn't say what you said it said. Post better. Not arguing your point, not saying your wrong or richig07 is right, just post better. Make lucid arguments and we will all listen better. :suds:

Beardown.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make lucid arguments and we will all listen better.

I just did... and for the difference in the wording of "very good defense" vs "great defenses" you guys are just looking for something to nitpick. Congrats, I've been humbled, I was wrong.
Can you focus on the content? And I think that's what many of you are missing. I'm bringing a different POV. That's all.
I don't believe that the defenses were "great" from 09-12. That's all my point was- And then it became: Yeah he's "dingus" or some other troll poster that was before my time. Content. I can discuss content all day if you're willing...and that brings me to this: It seems to me, instead of just calling me a dickhead, dumb piece of shit, dumbass, worthless bag of shit, cock...or anything else you guys can come up with.
richig- started with his stats from 2005... muddying the message I first posted. (cause he came all puffy chested and angry) all I can say is focus on the message.
We'll get through this.
Go Bears!

C

cubzzzfanincali

I still think you are wrong. The Bear defenses from 2009-2012 were among the greatest in the league, if not the greatest. Defend yourself.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think you are wrong. The Bear defenses from 2009-2012 were among the greatest in the league, if not the greatest. Defend yourself.

Ok... I want to show you where I'm coming from. So I looked at 2012. IMO I would see many games where the defense would bail themselves out with a turnover. In no way am I saying that's a bad thing, but up until that bounce, strip, pick or held to a FG... they looked/played poorly. What my original point was- was if they just got off the field in 3 plays they wouldn't need the pick/fumble. And would have saved themselves from being tired/beat-up.

Indy: 11 and 12 play drives (one ended in a INT, one in a TD) (both 2nd half)
GB: 10 and 12 play drives 10:43 in TOP. 10 points in Back to back drives
STL: 11, 10- both FG's
Cow: 9, 9,10,10- four drives of 9 or more plays: 17 points-(one ended in punt)
Jax: 14 play drive= FG, 10 play=fumble.
Det: 12, 12= fumble and Int- 9:48
Car: 17, 12, 11= all ended in FG's
Ten: 10= fumble.

When I hear the term "greatest" defense I don't think of these long drives. While the end result is good, it's not what they once were. And looking at a drive chart, doesn't express what it was like watching the games- When (I'm sure) we were all shouting JUST STOP THEM!!! Then we cheer and forget about the long drive- praise how good they are when they pick it off...

You can say that- HEY they were 7-1 in those games- Absolutely true... but they only won 3 more games the rest of the season. Could these long drives have a factor?
Sea: two back to back 12 play drives to end the game that ended in Touchdowns. (on top of two 9 play drives that added 10 more points earlier in the game)