• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did the cards gm see Springer's early struggles?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes me hate Matheny. Taveras was learning, and they send him back down. The minute the cards parted with Beltran they should have brought Oscar up then instead of making him wait. He's already proved himself in the minors he's not gonna be able to hit like Springer any sooner if he keeps being yanked around.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes me hate Matheny. Taveras was learning, and they send him back down. The minute the cards parted with Beltran they should have brought Oscar up then instead of making him wait. He's already proved himself in the minors he's not gonna be able to hit like Springer any sooner if he keeps being yanked around.

Super 2.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have no room for him. There is no point for him to be up and come off the bench every once in a while. This would only hurt him developing further and it is a learning experience. It is his first time being up now he has the taste of it so when they need him he will know what to expect a little better. Also I don't hate Matheny and I am a Cards fan and I live near STL. Matheny is still a young and inexperienced manager and in my opinion will only get better with time. Sure we here in STL have seen some of the learning curves that he has had to face (World Series last year) but it only makes him as a manager stronger and will then make the team stronger. Don't hate on my Cards cause he is no longer useful on your fantasy team. :clap:

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um I am a cards fan myself, but not as big of one as you. I tend to only care what they do in September/October because the season is just too long and they constructed two great chokejobs the last two times they missed the postseason.

Just saying it took Springer a few weeks to get it right.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um I am a cards fan myself, but not as big of one as you. I tend to only care what they do in September/October because the season is just too long and they constructed two great chokejobs the last two times they missed the postseason.

Just saying it took Springer a few weeks to get it right.

You play connect the dots FAR too often

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These two circumstances have very little in common.

First, just because Springer got hot after a month of struggling does not mean that Taveras will do the same.

Second, the Astros have no chance at being competitive this year, so they can afford to give their prospects as many ABs as they need to figure it out. They won't be playoff ready until 2016 at the earliest.

The Cardinals, on the other hand are playing to win today. They used the injury to Adams as a Taveras audition. If he had hit, you can bet he would have stayed up. Since he didn't, the Cards can ill afford to waste a month of ABs letting their guy "learn". That is what AAA is for.