• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did Lynch's game last night

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nearly half NIU's schedule has a combined 6 wins, 4 teams with 1-10 records and one with a 2-9 record. And they are lower tier FBS teams with those records. The remainder of their schedule is 36-31 and also lower tier FBS except for Iowa and thats not exactly setting the world on fire playing atop tier FBS team, more like lower middle tier FBS team. This guy has amassed his stats against nobodies and has done a very good job of exploiting teams that FCS teams would probably crush. And sadly you cannot see this.

Yes, his team's schedule has been crap. Never denied that. However, every year since the beginning of college football some multiple teams have played a team with the worst run defense. In other words, the worst defense in the country will still give roughly 12 chances per year to crucify them. Take the worst 20 defenses in the country, and that is roughly 240 chances per year, times hundreds of years.

With that being stated - NOBODY has ever done what he has done. Got it? If that doesn't get respect then what does?

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning is hard and going 12-0 is even harder. The kid has taken his program to places it has never been before.

what Lynch is doing is no different from what his predecessor as NIU QB, 7th Round pick Chandler Harnish, did:

Harnish 2011 - 1379 rushing 3216 passing
Lynch 2013 - 1755 rushing 2457 passing

NIU has had a great program for a while thanks to coach Jerry Kill (who is currently doing a fine job at Minnesota)

NIU
2003 10-2
2004 10-2
2005 9-4
2006 9-4
2007 12-2
2010 11-3
2011 11-3
2012 12-2

compare to #13 Fresno who is undefeated, on pace for the Fiesta Bowl, and led by QB Derek Carr, who is #1 in the NCAA in total offense
2012 9-4
2011 4-9
2010 8-5
2009 8-5
2008 7-6
2007 9-4
2006 4-8
2005 8-5
2004 9-3
2003 9-5

Last edited by a moderator:

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, his team's schedule has been crap. Never denied that. However, every year since the beginning of college football some multiple teams have played a team with the worst run defense. In other words, the worst defense in the country will still give roughly 12 chances per year to crucify them. Take the worst 20 defenses in the country, and that is roughly 240 chances per year, times hundreds of years.

With that being stated - NOBODY has ever done what he has done. Got it? If that doesn't get respect then what does?

He's a good athlete beating up on inferior opponents. If he was playing tough competition or at least in a bigger conference then those stats would be more impressive. I think he'll get invited to NY based on his stats but I don't think he has a shot at winning it.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one is denying him respect, but a Heisman is not something to lightly give and this specific feat does not warrant a Heisman consideration in my opinion. Beating up on a fist full of teams who couldnt get out of their own way is no feat of magic and he just so happens to be very good at getting around nobodies, doesnt mean i want to vote him the best in college football. Its pretty easy to go out week in and out and feel like your the best on the field if you play in a league and a schedule full of special ed teams.

We have seen this before in teams like Hawaii a few years ago, to go undefeated against no one and them when they played a real football team, got crushed at the hands of that team, this would easily be no different if they played a competent team, hell, they barely beat a very mediocre Iowa team. What he is doing is the equivalent of being the only teenage player in a pee wee league. He is good and should be at another college for his talent level, but he is not a Heisman candidate in my opinion until he does it against like competition.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Your bullshit meter just went through the roof. First off, Derek Carr is imo the best pro prospect QB in the country, and he is on my Heisman list.

However, for you to criticize Jordan Lynch because of his schedule, and then pump up Carr in the same post is one of the funniest things I have seen. :laugh3:

I am saying between the two, Carr is having the more impressive season. How many minor conference players do you want at the Heisman ceremony? If just one, then it should be Carr

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what Lynch is doing is no different from what his predecessor as NIU QB, 7th Round pick Chandler Harnish, did:

Harnish 2011 - 1379 rushing 3216 passing
Lynch 2013 - 1755 rushing 2457 passing

NIU has had a great program for a while thanks to coach Jerry Kill (who is currently doing a fine job at Minnesota)

NIU
2003 10-2
2004 10-2
2005 9-4
2006 9-4
2007 12-2
2010 11-3
2011 11-3
2012 12-2

compare to #13 Fresno who is undefeated, on pace for the Fiesta Bowl, and led by QB Derek Carr, who is #1 in the NCAA in total offense
2012 9-4
2011 4-9
2010 8-5
2009 8-5
2008 7-6
2007 9-4
2006 4-8
2005 8-5
2004 9-3
2003 9-5

Based on averages with 1 game to play, I am guessing Lynch will finish with 4600 total yards, 46 tds, and a 13-0 record. Harnish will have had less yards, less tds, more turnovers, and less team wins. That is not the same.

To answer your other post about Heisman invites, I fully believe both Lynch and Carr deserve invites. My top 5 include: Lynch, Winston, Andre Williams, Carr, and johnnyhollywood (in that order right now).

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on averages with 1 game to play, I am guessing Lynch will finish with 4600 total yards, 46 tds, and a 13-0 record. Harnish will have had less yards, less tds, more turnovers, and less team wins. That is not the same.

To answer your other post about Heisman invites, I fully believe both Lynch and Carr deserve invites. My top 5 include: Lynch, Winston, Andre Williams, Carr, and johnnyhollywood (in that order right now).

Question, do you find Lynch sexually or romantically attractive?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is approximately 4500+ total yards, 45+ tds, with only 5 ints, and a 13-0 record cherry picking a game or two?

You were cherry picking the opponents of other teams as if that was their schedule.

Just shut up, nobody gives a shit about the worlds tallest midget.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That record doesn't mean anything. Lot's of people could have broken those records over the years. However, teams don't play for breaking records, they play to win games, so they never tried.

It's not a big deal at all.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why? Most everyone makes it a qb competition. It isn't supposed to be. At least you included a rb, but theres many more Id take over carr and lynch.

Neither Lynch or Carr would get an invite before I chose at least a dozen other non-qb players who play in AQ conferences.

I like them both and think they'll succeed at the next level. But the fact remains they arent facing the competition of an AQ conference week in and week out.

Last edited by a moderator:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That record doesn't mean anything. Lot's of people could have broken those records over the years. However, teams don't play for breaking records, they play to win games, so they never tried.

It's not a big deal at all.

1) "Lot's of people could have broken those records over the years" - But nobody has.

2) "teams don't play for breaking records, they play to win games" - And they did win. They have won every game.

3) "That record doesn't mean anything" - Shows a disrespect for the game in general. Winning games, breaking records, and doing what no other player in history has ever done means nothing to you? Also, I'm not talking about just 1 record. Rushing yards in a game; Rushing yards in a season; Over 2k passing and 2k rushing in a season; Leading his team to its first undefeated season; etc....

And all this from the guy who seriously thinks McCarron should win the Heisman. :laugh3:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) "Lot's of people could have broken those records over the years" - But nobody has.

2) "teams don't play for breaking records, they play to win games" - And they did win. They have won every game.

3) "That record doesn't mean anything" - Shows a disrespect for the game in general. Winning games, breaking records, and doing what no other player in history has ever done means nothing to you? Also, I'm not talking about just 1 record. Rushing yards in a game; Rushing yards in a season; Over 2k passing and 2k rushing in a season; Leading his team to its first undefeated season; etc....

And all this from the guy who seriously thinks McCarron should win the Heisman. :laugh3:

Nobody has, because nobody cares. Those records are not the things people really care about. Thus why you are the only person even talking about them.

Of course they won their games, so would about 30-40 other teams on the same schedule.

AJ is not my pick, Winston is. Try again.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Most everyone makes it a qb competition. It isn't supposed to be. At least you included a rb, but theres many more Id take over carr and lynch.

Neither Lynch or Carr would get an invite before I chose at least a dozen other non-qb players who play in AQ conferences.

I like them both and think they'll succeed at the next level. But the fact remains they arent facing the competition of an AQ conference week in and week out.

I kind of agree with you there. I've said a couple times in other threads that I think Justin Gilbert, DB Okie State, should be getting mention. I know it will never happen. I've also mentioned Jace Amaro and Brandon Cooks. Tough to narrow it down to 5.

However, when you have a QB from 1 school who leads the nation in yds/game, and has lead his team to an undefeated season - that deserves an invite. When you have a player from another team who leads his team in passing, rushing, and touchdowns, has broken multiple NCAA records, and has lead his team also to an undefeated season - that too deserves an invite.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Lynch will flop in the NFL! Another "great" from an inferior league! I saw him rush for those yards in a few of those games and the only time he got touched was the celebration in the end zone! :L Those 300 yard games would be 35 against the FSU's, Bama's or better AQ teams of the world! Fact!

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While i dont personally think McCarron should win it, he should be in NY based on his overall accomplishments since he became the starter at Alabama. You make alot out of beating nobodies over a one year period and running up decent stats against those horrendous teams, but scoff at the accomplishments of a QB who has steadied and kept moving a machine at Alabama, playing AQ teams most of the time, and compiling the best record of any starter in the history of that school while going for a third straight BCS title. You scoff at it because you think he is juts a player who can be replaced and that team still win out, but he is a big part of the reason they have won this year due to his leadership and smart decision making. I really feel for you as its apparent you dont know what it takes to operate under that immense pressure year in and out like McCarron has done and continue to be who he is both on and off the field.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It amazes me Lynch, Carr and others are "awesome" but McCarron is a game manager and those same guys could win all those games AJ won. Bet your ass they wouldn't. (36-2) Two National Championships and possibly a third. He's smart enough to throw the ball away and not let his ego get in the way. Throws it deep a lot too! He is also playing, for the most part, teams that would be 10-2 or better against Fresno's or NIU's schedule! He only plays into early 3rd quarter. Top 10 pass efficiency QB for career and leader last year. I might being discussing AJ but I'm trying to put Lynch or Carr into perspective.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While i dont personally think McCarron should win it, he should be in NY based on his overall accomplishments since he became the starter at Alabama. You make alot out of beating nobodies over a one year period and running up decent stats against those horrendous teams, but scoff at the accomplishments of a QB who has steadied and kept moving a machine at Alabama, playing AQ teams most of the time, and compiling the best record of any starter in the history of that school while going for a third straight BCS title. You scoff at it because you think he is juts a player who can be replaced and that team still win out, but he is a big part of the reason they have won this year due to his leadership and smart decision making. I really feel for you as its apparent you dont know what it takes to operate under that immense pressure year in and out like McCarron has done and continue to be who he is both on and off the field.

Oh, and you do? When was the last time you were a starting college QB for a multi-NC winning football team?

Absolutely he is a huge part of his team's success. Give him the career achievement award as it probably deserved. But for the Heisman it is not even close (as far as he is concerned).

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It amazes me Lynch, Carr and others are "awesome" but McCarron is a game manager and those same guys could win all those games AJ won. Bet your ass they wouldn't. (36-2) Two National Championships and possibly a third. He's smart enough to throw the ball away and not let his ego get in the way. Throws it deep a lot too! He is also playing, for the most part, teams that would be 10-2 or better against Fresno's or NIU's schedule! He only plays into early 3rd quarter. Top 10 pass efficiency QB for career and leader last year. I might being discussing AJ but I'm trying to put Lynch or Carr into perspective.

I watched both Vince Young and Colt McCoy not win the Heisman - and they did the same things for their team with more impressive stats.

But let's also be real here - While Alabama is still my #1 ranked team - they have played: Colorado State, Georgia State, Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi State, and Tennessee Chatanooga this year.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well its been fun edumacating you guys (especially the Bama fans). But I'm out now for some family and football Thanksgiving priorities.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

:suds: