• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did I just overpay for Waller?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me preface by explaining my league's rules. We can keep one guy from every season and continue building your core. So, for example... Our first year of this league. You could have a max of one keeper. Then, the second year... you could have a max of two keepers. One from the first year and one from the second year. In year three, you can keep three. Every year your core roster can grow.

You also do not HAVE to keep anyone.

The player is kept in the round in which he was selected. Therefore, young players taken in the mid-late rounds who break out become extremely valuable. You take a running back in the 12th round and he finishes as a stud top 10 RB? Guess what? You struck gold for the future and he is slotted in as your 12th round pick next year despite having a 1st round ADP.

This sounds like it would screw with the competitive balance, but it really does not. There's more of these players than you think. One thing you learn from this style (been doing it a decade with another league - this is 3 years old) is that football player's primes are SHORT. It is a damn miracle if guys make that initial draft positioning valuable for more than a few years. Especially RB's. It also creates an interesting buy/sell scenario at the deadline. So, pieces get moved around a lot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So, the deal:

(0.5 PPR - 12 teams)

I GIVE: Michael Gallup (10th round pick) and Delanie Walker (12th round pick)

I RECEIVE: Darren Waller (16th round pick) and Randall Cobb (undrafted - not keepable)

Personally, on the surface I think I overpaid. Gallup is already a good looking keeper in the 10th and could contribute this year as well. Walker is not a big drop off from Waller. However, that 16th round keeper status could be unreal and I just love Waller's upside for years to come.

Honestly, my team is 3-0, leads the league in points and appears to be very deep for a 12 team league. I really just needed that every week TE1.

QB - Lamar, Josh Allen, Stafford (I have 3 because I sort want to deal Lamar with Chubb in a blockbuster if I can land an elite RB1 and stream those two)

RB - Chubb, M. Mack, A. Jones, M. Breida, R. Mostert

WR - Tyreek, Julio, Gordon, Dorsett and Cobb

TE - Waller, Herndon

My other keepers are currently Tyreek Hill in the 5th and Aaron Jones in the 9th from the last two years. Add Waller in the 16th to that and my whole position in this league looks sexy. At least, in my opinion.

I think this move helped both my bid for a title this season and my future.

Now that I'm done rationalizing overpaying for Waller. I will allow you to tell my why this move might suck. lol

Sorry for the long post, but I spent days negotiating this. The guy didn't want to part with Waller. I am PUMPED.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I like Waller much more than gallup and Walker combined

Waller is going to be TE#2 this season only behind Kelce!!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I like Waller much more than gallup and Walker combined

Waller is going to be TE#2 this season only behind Kelce!!

Yes! Thank you!

Feed my excitement! I'm feeling this! I'm gonna take this league down!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Not overpay.

TE#2? Not on Engram's watch... but top five definitely in the picture.

Interesting league... what happens when the league is longer than the roster size?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me preface by explaining my league's rules. We can keep one guy from every season and continue building your core. So, for example... Our first year of this league. You could have a max of one keeper. Then, the second year... you could have a max of two keepers. One from the first year and one from the second year. In year three, you can keep three. Every year your core roster can grow.

You also do not HAVE to keep anyone.

The player is kept in the round in which he was selected. Therefore, young players taken in the mid-late rounds who break out become extremely valuable. You take a running back in the 12th round and he finishes as a stud top 10 RB? Guess what? You struck gold for the future and he is slotted in as your 12th round pick next year despite having a 1st round ADP.

This sounds like it would screw with the competitive balance, but it really does not. There's more of these players than you think. One thing you learn from this style (been doing it a decade with another league - this is 3 years old) is that football player's primes are SHORT. It is a damn miracle if guys make that initial draft positioning valuable for more than a few years. Especially RB's. It also creates an interesting buy/sell scenario at the deadline. So, pieces get moved around a lot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So, the deal:

(0.5 PPR - 12 teams)

I GIVE: Michael Gallup (10th round pick) and Delanie Walker (12th round pick)

I RECEIVE: Darren Waller (16th round pick) and Randall Cobb (undrafted - not keepable)

Personally, on the surface I think I overpaid. Gallup is already a good looking keeper in the 10th and could contribute this year as well. Walker is not a big drop off from Waller. However, that 16th round keeper status could be unreal and I just love Waller's upside for years to come.

Honestly, my team is 3-0, leads the league in points and appears to be very deep for a 12 team league. I really just needed that every week TE1.

QB - Lamar, Josh Allen, Stafford (I have 3 because I sort want to deal Lamar with Chubb in a blockbuster if I can land an elite RB1 and stream those two)

RB - Chubb, M. Mack, A. Jones, M. Breida, R. Mostert

WR - Tyreek, Julio, Gordon, Dorsett and Cobb

TE - Waller, Herndon

My other keepers are currently Tyreek Hill in the 5th and Aaron Jones in the 9th from the last two years. Add Waller in the 16th to that and my whole position in this league looks sexy. At least, in my opinion.

I think this move helped both my bid for a title this season and my future.

Now that I'm done rationalizing overpaying for Waller. I will allow you to tell my why this move might suck. lol

Sorry for the long post, but I spent days negotiating this. The guy didn't want to part with Waller. I am PUMPED.

You fleeced him.

Gallup and Walker are meh.

Waller is very good.

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winner winner on this trade. -DUB-