• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez out 4-6 Weeks

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes is as simple as walking or running differently to ease the pain on the injured portion of the foot that impacts another portion and causes a second injury

Is it your wife whose in the medical field, or do I have you confused with someone else?:heh:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes is as simple as walking or running differently to ease the pain on the injured portion of the foot that impacts another portion and causes a second injury

Absolutely right. Overcompensating for one injury often causes other defects.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez and Romo should dictate 2016, if they can stay on the field

Jason Garrett: 'No setbacks' for Dez Bryant, who still isn't cleared

By Sean Wagner-McGough | Staff Writer

May 8, 2016 11:35 am ET
After surviving a nightmarish season -- a year filled with complicated contract negotiations, a foot injury, and multiple surgeries -- Cowboys star receiver Dez Bryant still isn't ready to completely take the field with the Cowboys when minicamp begins. He's still not fully medically cleared.

That's according to head coach Jason Garrett, who offered some insight into Bryant's recovery from a January surgery on his right foot. The good news is that Bryant hasn't suffered any setbacks thus far.

"He's done a really good job with his rehab, and he's made progress," Garrett said, per ESPN. "Like with all those guys, it's a day-by-day, week-by-week thing. But he's had no setbacks, but he really continues to get better and better."

As previously mentioned, Garrett did not say, according to ESPN, if Bryant would be fully ready to go for June minicamp. That's the bad news.

Bryant is, however, working out at the Cowboys' facility.

"I don't think there's any balance. It's all about just being healthy," Garrett said. "As soon as he's healthy, he'll get integrated back in. He's doing everything we're asking him to do with his rehab, and he's making progress. There will be different thresholds he'll have as we would with any injured player, 'He's doing this well, let's take the next step. He's doing this well, let's take the next step.' So we'll do that with him, and hopefully over the course of the offseason and into training camp he'll start playing some football with us."

Bryant initially suffered a broken foot in the Cowboys' season opener a year ago, returning after surgery and missing five games. However, without Tony Romo under center, Bryant failed to produce like a top wideout, catching 31 passes in nine games. The Cowboys eventually shut down Bryant before the end of the season due to foot and ankle issues, and Bryant was operated on, again, in January.

If Bryant and Romo can stay healthy, the Cowboys should compete for a playoff spot this upcoming season. If they can't remain on the field, the Cowboys will be forced to rely on a heavy dose of rookie running back Ezekiel Elliott, as the team's backup quarterback at the moment is Kellen Moore. Though Elliott is a promising prospect, any attack partially spearheaded by Moore probably won't lead to the promised land.

USATSI_bryant_5816.jpg
Dez Bryant is hoping to rebound from a year filled with injuries.
http://bttrack.com/Click/Native?dat...9K5rbNv_Q0RAuRen0ndbjZTkrHZWkg1bVMRYYJ0fE06A2

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I do wish you just started a new threadvs. bringing up this old one. The title scared the shit our of me.

Unlike last season the team seems to be playing everything cautiously.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I do wish you just started a new threadvs. bringing up this old one. The title scared the shit our of me.

Unlike last season the team seems to be playing everything cautiously.

My bad, didn't want to start a whole new thread for this article.