• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez out 4-6 Weeks

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the 5th Metatarsal. (and don't think for a second I heard of this bone before now)

For God's sake it's hard to believe that little bone is going to cause that much time.

meta5tar_3.jpg

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap, when did the timetable change? That does suck a little more than I originally was thinking

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading about people who had this same injury. Kevin Durant, Julio Jones, Hakeem Nicks, Demarcus Lawrence. All took quite awhile. Personally, I rolled my ankle when I was 17. X-ray showed I broke this same little bone. Hard cast for 4 weeks and was ready to go. A year later in college I was running to first base - high throw I stepped on the side of the base and did it again. Another hard cast.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ye of little faith. When the o-line is giving Romo all day to throw he will find the open guy. Two TD's in the final 8 minutes with Dez in the locker room. I think we will be fine.
I will bee the first to admit I am knee jerk reaction guy, but Dez is after Romo the most important skill player on this offense IMO.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will bee the first to admit I am knee jerk reaction guy, but Dez is after Romo the most important skill player on this offense IMO.

I totally agree. I think many see all the other weapons- Dunbar, Beasley, Escobar, WIlliams, WItten- sure they are good but I'm worried about inside the 20. We can't just throw it up to Dez. WIlliams doesn't go up and get the ball like Dez. Escobar has been used on jump balls- it's never worked in the end zone.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Toon 's dad can still play. Ha. I like Pettis out of those

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree. I think many see all the other weapons- Dunbar, Beasley, Escobar, WIlliams, WItten- sure they are good but I'm worried about inside the 20. We can't just throw it up to Dez. WIlliams doesn't go up and get the ball like Dez. Escobar has been used on jump balls- it's never worked in the end zone.
Agree on the red zone. That is my biggest concern. Witten will certainly get more targets. More reason to RUN on first and goal inside the 5...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well 4 came, 2 are left. Toon and Gates. Gates is the one Michael Irvin once said the Jets needed to cut immediately ha.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on the red zone. That is my biggest concern. Witten will certainly get more targets. More reason to RUN on first and goal inside the 5...

I remember 20 yrs ago , it was run on 1st and 2nd down and maybe even 3rd down. I then remember MAdden saying one night that second down was a good play action down inside the 5. I really think that has changed to 1st down now.' I would throw on 1st and run on 2nd and 3rd.

I love the way Manning and the Giants have said that Jennings was told to fall down and not score. Has anyone asked Jennings. I have watched it over and over -'there is no way he was scoring on 2nd down for sure-'they blasted his ass. 1st down - maybe but I don't he could have.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember 20 yrs ago , it was run on 1st and 2nd down and maybe even 3rd down. I then remember MAdden saying one night that second down was a good play action down inside the 5. I really think that has changed to 1st down now.' I would throw on 1st and run on 2nd and 3rd.

I love the way Manning and the Giants have said that Jennings was told to fall down and not score. Has anyone asked Jennings. I have watched it over and over -'there is no way he was scoring on 2nd down for sure-'they blasted his ass. 1st down - maybe but I don't he could have.

If it makes them feel better, let them say it. The football world knows they fucked up, that's all there is to it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's say it's first and goal from the 4. If you pass and aren't successful you still need 4 yards. If you run you may not get in, but maybe it's now 2nd and 1. That is I like the run on first down. Plus, less likely to turn it over if you run. I'm not talking about starting at the 8 or 9, but if you are inside the 5 and have our OL, I don't see any reason to not run most of the time on first down. WE won last year by running even when the other team knew we were going to run. Hopefully we can do that this year too.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say it's first and goal from the 4. If you pass and aren't successful you still need 4 yards. If you run you may not get in, but maybe it's now 2nd and 1. That is I like the run on first down. Plus, less likely to turn it over if you run. I'm not talking about starting at the 8 or 9, but if you are inside the 5 and have our OL, I don't see any reason to not run most of the time on first down. WE won last year by running even when the other team knew we were going to run. Hopefully we can do that this year too.
Plus...if you do run it, like 75-80% of the time inside the 5, then play action is much more effective

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see that but I think if you throw on 1st it makes it easier to run on 2nd and 3rd. I think it has a lot to do with tendencies down there. Marinelli obviously had the biggest balls in the place the other night by playing pass on third down

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see that but I think if you throw on 1st it makes it easier to run on 2nd and 3rd. I think it has a lot to do with tendencies down there. Marinelli obviously had the biggest balls in the place the other night by playing pass on third down
Calling a running play on 3rd down if it's more than a yard or so and not audibling out of it takes a lot guts, especially late in the game. We haven't historically had that fortitude. last year we seemed to, but this isn't last year. Fact is there aren't many complaints when things work. So if you get the ball in the end zone you can do whatever the hell you want...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling a running play on 3rd down if it's more than a yard or so and not audibling out of it takes a lot guts, especially late in the game. We haven't historically had that fortitude. last year we seemed to, but this isn't last year. Fact is there aren't many complaints when things work. So if you get the ball in the end zone you can do whatever the hell you want...

I'm not saying one way is right and the other is wrong. I think if you pass on first down it keeps the defense on its heels. Maybe I'm wrong. Also, we don't have that sledge hammer back this yr

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying one way is right and the other is wrong. I think if you pass on first down it keeps the defense on its heels. Maybe I'm wrong. Also, we don't have that sledge hammer back this yr

I think we do. That patch should say BOOM not Bing.

Seattle+Seahawks+Rookie+Camp+O2BYxIw_fOqx.jpg

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Ha. The way Dunbar and Randle were getting the other night, they won't last. We will see plenty of Michael. Granted it seemed the Giants were on defense a lot more than us, but I thought they brought it every play.