• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez/Contract

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Cowboys and contract-year WR Dez Bryant have made some progress on a long-term deal, but it's "up in the air" if it'll get done before the season.

After locking up LT Tyron Smith, the Cowboys have turned all of their attention to Bryant. Unfortunately for Jerry Jones, there's little flexibility under the salary cap. And with Bryant already an extreme bargain at $1.78 million, not much room can be created under the cap. Bryant has stated numerous times that he's not worried about his contract. He knows he's elite and will be paid like it by someone. If a long-term deal can't be reached, the franchise tag is an option.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL NETWORK is reporting deal possible by Thursday

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they have any money to give him? I don't know Cowboys current tag #s but how could they possibly have the money to sign him by tomorrow?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They talked about it on Nfl network last night. It was at the time a huge story late last night.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they have any money to give him? I don't know Cowboys current tag #s but how could they possibly have the money to sign him by tomorrow?

Plenty of money available for this deal. 2014 isn't the issue. Restructured Romo to the max when it wasn't even needed.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should franchise dez. No reason to extend

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was also no reason to extend sean lee.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Arlington, DEZ Bryant is awesome. I don't care if he still can only run 3 to 4 patterns. He is a freaking beast in the red zone. Give him what he wants.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Arlington, DEZ Bryant is awesome. I don't care if he still can only run 3 to 4 patterns. He is a freaking beast in the red zone. Give him what he wants.

Where did this idea that he only runs 3 or 4 patterns come from? He runs every pattern in the play book. Guy always ran a bunch of patterns. Yes, he may have run them too shallow or deep or incorrect or lazy, but he never only ran 3 or 4 patterns.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was said last year at the beginning of the season that he was comfortable with running 4 patterns. That wasn't my point. I don't care if they tell him to take 10 steps , do a push-up , and turn around and that's all he can do- he is far and away the best player on this team and doesn't need to be franchised. He is top 4 at his position.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see what you see. To me dez is the best in the nfl at making plays in the endzone. His bad back is a concern to me. How long can he play at this level?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what you see. To me dez is the best in the nfl at making plays in the endzone. His bad back is a concern to me. How long can he play at this level?

Unfortunate this is the NFL, and that is the rules they have set. I have always thought something needed to be done about injuries and the salary cap. I understand why there is a cap though- I just think amendments should be made.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez is a huge talent and is worth the money but I would of supported a trade. No question that teams would be fighting to sign him.

My only concern with Dez, can handle the double team. Can he handle being a decoy and not getting the ball so that plays can happen elsewhere. If he can embrace that role, he will be great.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez is a huge talent and is worth the money but I would of supported a trade. No question that teams would be fighting to sign him.

My only concern with Dez, can handle the double team. Can he handle being a decoy and not getting the ball so that plays can happen elsewhere. If he can embrace that role, he will be great.

I could not agree more with regards to Dez. Outta this world talent has never been the question.
Getting separation is not in the leagues top half for receivers. I'm still not sure he's an NFL adequate route runner....maybe that's cause he takes too many plays off.

I think I'd play this season and if we couldn't get a deal done next off season, I'd tag him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could not agree more with regards to Dez. Outta this world talent has never been the question.
Getting separation is not in the leagues top half for receivers. I'm still not sure he's an NFL adequate route runner....maybe that's cause he takes too many plays off.

I think I'd play this season and if we couldn't get a deal done next off season, I'd tag him.

I totally agree on the separation. Similarly, whether it's the routes in our offense or Dez himself he seldom seems to be for lack of a better term "wide open". I think motion and more crossing routes could help in this area. I also think better receiver play from the other guys and better line play could help a little too. I think it remains to be seen if his route running continues to improve (it certainly did last year). I think he can handle the double teams that RJ brought up as well as anyone because of his size and strength, but wonder about the other point RJ brought up:

Dez can say he only cares about winning and the team, but this one still concerns me. I don't like to compare Dez to TO, but this has always been the area I found them similar, especially when adversity hits:

"not getting the ball so that plays can happen elsewhere. If he can embrace that role, he will be great. "