• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez Bryants Extension talks/rumors

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a heavy bias towards Dez, but in general The LT is going to be the anchor of the line so yes he's more important. I didn't always see it this way but I have been persuaded through much debate. I do fill that if you had an all pro wr and an avg to pro bowl level LT then I would consider taking that wr i.e. Calvin Johnson or A.J. Green I think they're that much better than the rest of the field. My question is would it change say if your qb wasn't a playmaker.... say you had Rex Grossman or someone of that caliber? Would a stud wr be more important than a stud LT (wr is A.J. Green LT is avg). Because of the lack of ability of the qb and the amazing ability of the wr does that change the dynamic.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a heavy bias towards Dez, but in general The LT is going to be the anchor of the line so yes he's more important. I didn't always see it this way but I have been persuaded through much debate. I do fill that if you had an all pro wr and an avg to pro bowl level LT then I would consider taking that wr i.e. Calvin Johnson or A.J. Green I think they're that much better than the rest of the field. My question is would it change say if your qb wasn't a playmaker.... say you had Rex Grossman or someone of that caliber? Would a stud wr be more important than a stud LT (wr is A.J. Green LT is avg). Because of the lack of ability of the qb and the amazing ability of the wr does that change the dynamic.

This I can agree with. I'm all for building the OL before all else but if your LT isn't top 5 while your WR is you take care of the a WR first. Every player and posistion has to be graded both indecent and also against the other 52 players. In my opinion Smith is more valuable than Dez is for the 2014 Cowboys.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mike Wallace contract was ridiculous. Again Im talking about our team the way it is now. If Dez got injured for the yr, our number 1 and 2 become Williams and a combination. Im sure Beasley would stay in the slot. If Smith were to get hurt- I think we could manage it better. JMO

Who do you put at LT? The Rookie who has only payed RG so far or Free? I've seen that movie before and didn't like it the first time.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the only WR that deserves $100 million is Megatron. When you have to radically change your defense to stop one player, you're there. Dez, Brandon Marshall, there are a lot of outstanding WR's, but none of them are that guy

totally agree and he may just be the greatest WR in the history of the game when all is said and done. I will say that Dez deserves more than most of the top guys. Fitz isn't top 10 to me at this point and Vincent Jackson? Harvin? Dez probably deserves $10M per year, but I'm not sure about some of those guys.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you put at LT? The Rookie who has only payed RG so far or Free? I've seen that movie before and didn't like it the first time.

Yes I would put Martin at OT if we didnt have Smith or find the best 5 combo.

I guess it is which looks worst- Martin, Berdeneaux, Fredrick , Leary, Free or Williams, Beasley, Harris , Street, Bryd

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
totally agree and he may just be the greatest WR in the history of the game when all is said and done. I will say that Dez deserves more than most of the top guys. Fitz isn't top 10 to me at this point and Vincent Jackson? Harvin? Dez probably deserves $10M per year, but I'm not sure about some of those guys.

I would be happy if Dez only avg. 10 mil a year, but I think he will want a record # contract.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. He'll get more. I wasn't making a prediction, only saying what I thought he probably deserved.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you, hypothetically, had R. Grossman and the choice of a good LT or a great WR I understand wanting to keep the WR... But then you'd have to plug in a bad LT and see Grossman on the run every single pass play. That's why I don't see doom and gloom for Dallas. The Boys are building a top 5 OLine that is young.

Talking about bad WR contracts, look no further then 24,000,000 for Riley Cooper. YUCK! They were cornered into that cause Maclin was still considered a FA and DeSean was gone. Couldn't afford to lose your top 3 WRs all at once. 24,000,000 for 800 yards???

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you, hypothetically, had R. Grossman and the choice of a good LT or a great WR I understand wanting to keep the WR... But then you'd have to plug in a bad LT and see Grossman on the run every single pass play. That's why I don't see doom and gloom for Dallas. The Boys are building a top 5 OLine that is young.

Talking about bad WR contracts, look no further then 24,000,000 for Riley Cooper. YUCK! They were cornered into that cause Maclin was still considered a FA and DeSean was gone. Couldn't afford to lose your top 3 WRs all at once. 24,000,000 for 800 yards???

24 mil for how long?
that does sound crazy for a #3 WR

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get that but my scenario didn't call for a bad LT...just not an all pro. Say you had a guy rated from 14 to 16in or near the middle of the pack. I thought Riley was pretty solid last year once he got past his off the field buffoonery. He's a solid position wr. I think he's good enough to be a decent number 2.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that but my scenario didn't call for a bad LT...just not an all pro. Say you had a guy rated from 14 to 16in or near the middle of the pack. I thought Riley was pretty solid last year once he got past his off the field buffoonery. He's a solid position wr. I think he's good enough to be a decent number 2.

Middle of the pack LT versus Dez? No contest. You take Dez and its not close.

Riley: I don't think he is a decent #3 to be honest. He was in kind of a good spot last year. I think the Eagles receivers are pretty crappy this year and thats from a guy that loves Maclin. Well, I used to. I need to see how he does this year as I am a little skeptical about him too right now. I think the Eagles Offense struggles a lot more than last year. Foles won't be nearly as good either. But, I love their OL and I would take McCoy over every RB in the league in that Offense and that includes AP. it's just a perfect fit for him and he is so much better than AP out in space even though AP is obviously better carrying the load.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Cooper was a 2 last year and will be this year too. I think as a unit they'll be fine. Maclin is back, Sproles will catch 50 balls, Ertz is looking like an emerging star (?) and the hope is Jordan Mathews will be a good to excellent player as he's looked great with no pads. Also the new slot guy from Oregon Huff HOPEFULLY pitches in. He plays the position like Boldin but that means very little. I think they have a ton of good weapons but no stud like Dez, Green etc.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think Foles can be a lot better even if he throws for 10 more pics then last year. The two pics were a complete fluke but he valued safety TOO much. He can get better by not being overly safe with the ball because he suffered with bouts of being hesitant. Throwing the ball out of bounds instead of finding someone open and possibly risking an INT. Last years playoff game we lost by 2 and we were in FG range. An offsides and a HORRIFIC hesitant sack on 3rd down could have cost us the game but kept his stats looking good.