• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez Bryants Extension talks/rumors

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a bold statement though- definitely debateable. They are both top 5 at their position.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a bold statement though- definitely debateable. They are both top 5 at their position.

Top 5 at their position. YES.

If you are Jerry and can only sign one (meaning absolutely no way to sign both) who do you sign?

It doesn't what a player or his agent thinks, a team HAS to think of itself first.

If we could only sign one I'd be talking Smith a whole hell of a lot more. The only way I'd sign Dez if this was the case is if Smith wanted to destroy the cap for the next decade.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez will no doubt want and get more money. We have seen Dez on the sidelines. He is known to pout and throw his tantrums - in the past ??? Hopefully he has grown up. Earl said Smith is clearly the better player. Thats what Im saying is debateable

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez will no doubt want and get more money. We have seen Dez on the sidelines. He is known to pout and throw his tantrums - in the past ??? Hopefully he has grown up. Earl said Smith is clearly the better player. Thats what Im saying is debateable

And I'm saying take the emotion out of it and it's not debatable. Dez is the more exciting player because it's WR vs OT but I'd secure Smith longterm, long before I would Dez. A top 5 OT is much harder to replace than a top 5 WR.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will just say I will be glad when Dez gets his contract and we have both.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Smith because I already know he didnt break the bank. If he had not signed yet and I had to pick, Im not sure. Im not so sold on our other WRs. As far as the movie quote I had to look it up on google. Im not sure I got the right answer. I never saw the movie it gave. It gave a movie that begins with H if anybody else wants a crack at this. Is that the movie you were talking about???

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Smith because I already know he didnt break the bank. If he had not signed yet and I had to pick, Im not sure. Im not so sold on our other WRs. As far as the movie quote I had to look it up on google. Im not sure I got the right answer. I never saw the movie it gave. It gave a movie that begins with H if anybody else wants a crack at this. Is that the movie you were talking about???

Yes that's the movie. Since you haven't watched it, do. It well worth your time. As for the sequels not so much.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess we look at it differently. In my mind it is much easier to find that top notch WR before that top notch OT. Maybe I'm the one letting my emotions cloud my vision.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love both of the players and I agree that its harder to find a top 5 OT than a top 5 WR. Usually the top 5 WR needs a good QB or an OC to feature him , whereas the OT just makes his own name. I would say Smith is a better OT than Dez is a WR at this point. I just find myself going back to older Cowboy teams thinking about Irvin and E. Williams or even L. Allen. Dez probably isnt on Irvins level but you could make a good case for Smith being close to those 2.

Its a tough call for me because Dez is so valuable in the red zone.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So will I. Now if "There can be only one" who would you sign

Bonus. What movie did I quote?

this is an easy one.

You sign Smith no question about it.

Bonus Question is Highlander.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez is a flat out star. No doubt about that BUT if you ask any GM in the entire NFL what they'd rather have between a 24 year old star LT or a WR every single one goes with T. Smith.

QB #1
LT #2
DE #3
CB #4

Then WR somewhere down the list. There's about 25 excellent WR in the NFL. There's about 5 excellent LT and Smith is one of them and he might be number 1 considering his age. In 2024 T. Smith should still be a good LT.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant believe this is so one sided. So Malco , you are taking Peters in his prime over Lesean McCoy

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn right I'm taking Peters over McCoy and McCoy is one of the top 3 RBs in the NFL. McCoy is a stud but not a chance in hell would I take McCoy over Peters. Good RBs don't even go in the first two rounds. Last year 3 of the top 4 picks were Tackles. Didn't 5 or 6 Tackles go in the first 19 picks this year too. Here's another point. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Bryce Brown run for over 1400 yards with Buffalo and he was our 4th string RB coming into this season. (McCoy, Polk and our new RB from the Saints. Infact the Chargers had 3 star RBs 5 years ago yet didn't have one star OLineman.

T Smith over Jamal Charles all day long
Jason Peters over McCoy all day long
LT trumps RB everyday of the year.

DeMarco Murray while be a distant thought when Smith is still dominating in 2022.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that. Just being a Dallas fan for so long and seeing what happened to our team when Irvin went down for good in 98 or even in 07 when TO was injured the last few games, we were a different team. I know TO played but he wasnt the same. Dez has his games where he disappears still and like I said I think Smith is a better OT than Dez is a WR- but Dez still has room to get better. Maybe if we still had a healthy Miles Austin, I could see the need for Smith more, but TWilliams and his 44 catches as our number one WR- Yikes. Of course Im talking about our team right now and only having what we have. Of course if we couldnt sign Dez, I would say JJ would sign a top 30 WR in the off season and draft another. I am more or less thinking which one could we afford to lose the least this season with the team we have

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all comes down to the QB and no one is more important than the QB. That is why the next most important position is the guy who protects the QB and the 3rd most important is the one who can go get the opponents QB and disrupt him. Dez will get a huge contract as all WRs do. IMO WR is the most overpaid position in the league. I literally laughed when I saw the deal that Miami gave Wallace who was more a fantasy stud than a real life one. I'm not saying a stud WR isn't great to have on your team, but why they get more $ than top LTs is just off base IMO.

So I too take Smith over Dez, but the $'s show that a lot of GMs apparently agree with Romo on this one.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn right I'm taking Peters over McCoy and McCoy is one of the top 3 RBs in the NFL. McCoy is a stud but not a chance in hell would I take McCoy over Peters. Good RBs don't even go in the first two rounds. Last year 3 of the top 4 picks were Tackles. Didn't 5 or 6 Tackles go in the first 19 picks this year too. Here's another point. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Bryce Brown run for over 1400 yards with Buffalo and he was our 4th string RB coming into this season. (McCoy, Polk and our new RB from the Saints. Infact the Chargers had 3 star RBs 5 years ago yet didn't have one star OLineman.

T Smith over Jamal Charles all day long
Jason Peters over McCoy all day long
LT trumps RB everyday of the year.

DeMarco Murray while be a distant thought when Smith is still dominating in 2022.

I'm in agreement with you to a point. I agree that it is much harder to find a TSmith than a great runner, so he is more valuable. Now if the RB were named Adrian Peterson........

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all comes down to the QB and no one is more important than the QB. That is why the next most important position is the guy who protects the QB and the 3rd most important is the one who can go get the opponents QB and disrupt him. Dez will get a huge contract as all WRs do. IMO WR is the most overpaid position in the league. I literally laughed when I saw the deal that Miami gave Wallace who was more a fantasy stud than a real life one. I'm not saying a stud WR isn't great to have on your team, but why they get more $ than top LTs is just off base IMO.

So I too take Smith over Dez, but the $'s show that a lot of GMs apparently agree with Romo on this one.

To me, the only WR that deserves $100 million is Megatron. When you have to radically change your defense to stop one player, you're there. Dez, Brandon Marshall, there are a lot of outstanding WR's, but none of them are that guy

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Mike Wallace contract was ridiculous. Again Im talking about our team the way it is now. If Dez got injured for the yr, our number 1 and 2 become Williams and a combination. Im sure Beasley would stay in the slot. If Smith were to get hurt- I think we could manage it better. JMO

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mike Wallace contract was ridiculous. Again Im talking about our team the way it is now. If Dez got injured for the yr, our number 1 and 2 become Williams and a combination. Im sure Beasley would stay in the slot. If Smith were to get hurt- I think we could manage it better. JMO

If Smith gets hurt you may as well place Romo on IR too. I'm firm believer in you team is no better than the big guys up front. Without a top LT Dez won't be all that special if the QB doesn't have time to get him the ball.