• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez Bryant

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not sign him to a big contract. Yes he makes some big catches but honestly we could find someone to replace his production as well as spend the rest of that money elsewhere.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I would not resign Murray unless he gives us a discount, which won't happen because I think he wants to get away from Romo.

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez Bryant is a top 3 WR in the league.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I would not resign Murray unless he gives us a discount, which won't happen because I think he wants to get away from Romo.

Interesting perspective.

So - what WOULD you do?

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez or Murray are going to get franchised.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd resign Dez long term, and tag Murray a couple of times. Ride Murray like a donkey for the next couple of years..... the thing about letting them go now and trying to sign someone else to fill their production is, there are only two or three guys in the league at WR and RB who could fill it, and they aren't for sale, and if they were, it would cost just as much as keeping those two. I think resigning those two, getting Lee back, and drafting 6-7 defensive players is our best route

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd resign Dez long term, and tag Murray a couple of times. Ride Murray like a donkey for the next couple of years..... the thing about letting them go now and trying to sign someone else to fill their production is, there are only two or three guys in the league at WR and RB who could fill it, and they aren't for sale, and if they were, it would cost just as much as keeping those two. I think resigning those two, getting Lee back, and drafting 6-7 defensive players is our best route

how about thinking about 'quarterback of the future'? let's face it..the clock is ticking fast on Romo.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how about thinking about 'quarterback of the future'? let's face it..the clock is ticking fast on Romo.

2nd and 3rd rounds seem to be the goldmine for QB's lately. No need to spend a #1, but if Jerry wants to finally start drafting QB's, I'm all for it...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what I'd do as well. No way I give Murray a long term contract unless it is very team friendly, and why should Murray settle for that after this year? So tag him and don't worry about 'workload'. Saddle him up and ride him till he breaks in the next two years, and then let someone else give him a long contract.

We have the OL set and the offense starters we need. draft a DL in round 1 the next couple of years, look for a future QB in round 2, and then go heavy on defensive BPA. Maybe scatter a few late round (6 or 7) TE and WR's in there for blocking and KR duties.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Dez, nor Murray? Let's say hypothetically both were out for the rest of the year. What chance would you give us to make the playoffs and that's only a 4 games stretch. Now picture it over a full season.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'd do as well. No way I give Murray a long term contract unless it is very team friendly, and why should Murray settle for that after this year? So tag him and don't worry about 'workload'. Saddle him up and ride him till he breaks in the next two years, and then let someone else give him a long contract.

We have the OL set and the offense starters we need. draft a DL in round 1 the next couple of years, look for a future QB in round 2, and then go heavy on defensive BPA. Maybe scatter a few late round (6 or 7) TE and WR's in there for blocking and KR duties.

If they went this route, not only would their cap be in order, but whatever young QB they ended up with would have enough talent around him to compete while learning the position. Dallas could bring the offemse back, intact, no additions, and be just fine there. They have the best kicker in the game and a solid returner. Defense and a QB/Future

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with the OP, Dez is a beast and won't be easily replaced in the draft. I sign him long term. I think we could draft a running back that could run behind this line that doesn't fumble in key situations. IMO Murray is easier to replace than Dez. We don't have time for another wide out to learn the playbook, Romo is getting old and doesn't have much left in the tank.

nutz6977

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Dez is a beast. Jerry needs to pay that man his money.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not sign him to a big contract. Yes he makes some big catches but honestly we could find someone to replace his production as well as spend the rest of that money elsewhere.

Yes dez would be easy to replace :L

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: