• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez...5yrs, $70 mill, $45 mill guaranteed...wowza

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, if he's in Arizona then it's most likely he used to be a Cowboy fan...like most of the state. :dhd:

Bravo Mr. Original :clap:.

I just think it's funny how some people think McFadden or Dunbar or whoever is going to step in and grab 1800yds. Does anybody other than a Cowboy fan think that's gonna happen?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just think it's funny how some people think McFadden or Dunbar or whoever is going to step in and grab 1800yds. Does anybody other than a Cowboy fan think that's gonna happen?

I think you missed the point again. Ford is saying that in 2015 one of the Cowboy backs will rush for more yards than Murray will in 2015. He is basing this (at least in part) on his prediction that Murray WON'T rush for 1,800 yards...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Has anyone besides YOU said that? Nope.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you missed the point again. Ford is saying that in 2015 one of the Cowboy backs will rush for more yards than Murray will in 2015. He is basing this (at least in part) on his prediction that Murray WON'T rush for 1,800 yards...
I assumed he meant more yards than Murray did as a Cowboy last year. My bad.... I guess
Either way, I have heard others say the running game won't miss a beat which is a huge stretch of a prediction.

I will say, if the Cowboy fan attack dogs are gonna jump my shit, ya gotta step up your game and stop with the default "There are more Cowboy fans in the Cardinals stadium" comeback. It's old and hasn't happened since the new stadium opened.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assumed he meant more yards than Murray did as a Cowboy last year. My bad.... I guess
Either way, I have heard others say the running game won't miss a beat which is a huge stretch of a prediction.

I will say, if the Cowboy fan attack dogs are gonna jump my shit, ya gotta step up your game and stop with the default "There are more Cowboy fans in the Cardinals stadium" comeback. It's old and hasn't happened since the new stadium opened.

That more Dallas fans in AZ wasn't really my comeback. I, and everyone else, knew that your initial comment had no merit and didn't really need to fire anything back at you.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that link was really interesting addition to this discussion. People are saying Murray did so well because of the OLine which was ranked as the 2nd best run blocking line in the NFL. Interestingly the #1 ranked OLine for run blocking was the Eagles (Murrays new home). Sounds like 2000 to me. :suds:

Actually he wont come close to the 1850. Matthews and Sproles will take away a few hundred carries possibly. Look for the Eagles to pound the rock and be a run first team like in 2013.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That more Dallas fans in AZ wasn't really my comeback. I, and everyone else, knew that your initial comment had no merit and didn't really need to fire anything back at you.
But you chose to anyway......:scratch:.
I smell merit.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Dallas fans are looking for a running back to gain 1800 yards this season. Instead we are hoping for several running backs to gain 3000 yards behind that awsome line. That would solve the debate.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, so much credit is given to the Cowboys OLINE for Murray's season yet nothing on him going to an even better run blocking OLine.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, so much credit is given to the Cowboys OLINE for Murray's season yet nothing on him going to an even better run blocking OLine.
Sorry, I'm having trouble believing in anything Chip Kelly does as being anything more than a flash in the pan. It takes a few game tapes to figure it out but they allways do. D cordinators in the NFL didn't get where they are by swallowing half ass game plans from college boys.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's weak SteveDallas. People said that when Chip came into the league and said his O wouldn't work and it ranked #2. Then people said, "Let's see what Chip can do now that teams have a years worth of game film", and Chip produces yet another top 5 Offense. Chip has a lot to prove but saying his O won't work is plain stupid. As I said Chip still has a lot to prove but he is a top offensive mind with an excellent OLine, 3 stud RBs, 2 good TE's and some OK receivers. What does he have to do to prove to you he can coach Offense. His D is what needs to be ripped.

But that's straying from the main point. Fordman (whom I really respect) is thinking whomever Dallas plugs in at RB will do better then Murray but Jarntt (Another top notch poster) link is stating the Eagles have a better run blocking line then Dallas. It seems reasonable that Murray can have another monster season going to a team with an elite run blocking line.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eagles line isn't better. Murray is likely going to get hurt as last year he was run into the ground.

Cowboys > Eagles

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles line isn't better. Murray is likely going to get hurt as last year he was run into the ground.

Cowboys > Eagles

The Cowboys team is better then the Eagles. The Cowboys OLine overall is better and younger then the Eagles. But the Eagles might have the best run blocking OLine in the league. Dallas just has the better pass blocking unit. Read the link man.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read this my man...... (Eagles #1 Run Blocking Line in the NFL)

4. Green Bay Packers (10th)

Pass Blocking Ranking: 1st, Run Blocking Ranking: 14th, Penalties Ranking: 8th

Stud: You could pick either guard, but we’re going for T.J. Lang because his work in the run game is more impressive.

Dud: He’s no longer with the team but it was a disaster whenever Derek Sherrod got on the field. A -10.1grade over 142 snaps is terrible.

Breakdown: The tackles are both strong with their pass blocking, but the highlight of this unit is the interior where they create movement in the running game and are as consistent as any time in pass protection.

3. Baltimore Ravens (23rd)

Pass Blocking Ranking: 7th, Run Blocking Ranking: 4th, Penalties Ranking: 14th

Stud: What a year from Marshal Yanda. Our top-ranked lineman at any spot, his season was truly one for the ages as his +43.4 grade would suggest.

Dud: Things rarely went well when undrafted free agent James Hurst (-24.9) had to play. It was a case of way too much, too soon.

Breakdown: The impact of Gary Kubiak was felt almost instantly, but especially at the guard’s spot where both Yanda and Kelechi Osemele had tremendous years. The development of Ricky Wagner was another reason to celebrate, though the investment in Eugene Monroe didn’t quite pan out.

2. Philadelphia Eagles (1st)

Pass Blocking Ranking: 10th, Run Blocking Ranking: 1st, Penalties Ranking: 27th

Stud: In the conversation for best left tackle in the league right now, and if nothing else the run blocking ofJason Peters makes him the most fun to watch.

Dud: Credit to Todd Herremans for trying to gut it out, but the upshot was him being something of a liability in pass protection before going on Injured Reserve.

Breakdown: How did the line finish this highly with all the injuries they had? The replacements (Matt Tobin, Andrew Gardner and David Molk) all struggled so you can place their midseason renaissance down to getting their studs back. Peters and Lane Johnson were PFF All-Pro first teamers, Evan Mathis was on pace to be one, but missed some time, while Jason Kelce had the sixth-highest run blocking score of any center. A strong finish to the year for this unit.

1. Dallas Cowboys (4th)

2014-OL-INSET-SMITH.png
Pass Blocking Ranking: 4th, Run Blocking Ranking: 2nd, Penalties Ranking: 2nd

Stud: He’s just a notch below the top tackles, but not by much. Tyron Smith (+21.6) is a rock in pass protection and can have his way with you in the run game.

Dud: Move along. There is nothing to see here. They all, at the very least, had good years.

Breakdown: Years of building through the draft paid off in spectacular fashion. It was already a pretty good line, but the selection of Zack Martin pushed them over the edge. Strong in pass protection and opening up running lanes that would get me to 1,000 yards, the Cowboys were a true joy to watch. Don’t you just love it when a plan comes together?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you chose to anyway......:scratch:.
I smell merit.

I was actually discussing with another poster about the penis-envy situation that Cardinal fans find themselves in. No worries, it appears you finally were able to use context clues (and having multiple other posters flat out spell it out for you) and went back and found how stupid you sounded when you jumped into the conversation without knowing what was going on.

Stick around and pay attention and you might just figure this internets thing out. :suds:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it has less to do with the OLine and more to do with the wear and tear he had last year, not being in a contract year, and the unquestionable FACT that he will not see anything close to 400 carries in PHL. If he got 1800 yards on 200 carries then I'd be worried. But he got 1800 on 400 carries, so you cut those carries in half and his numbers are going to drop dramatically. Murray doesn't top 1100 yards next year. Now I hesitate to say that because Chip will have no choice but to run since he has no QB and no WR's that are worth a darn, but that just means Murray will see 9 in the box. Hope your TE's are worldclass run blockers too. Oh, and the FB needs to be a top run blocker also. Pin your ears opposing defense, it's a scramble to see who can get to Murray first. Because you know he isn't swinging out for a screen pass.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pin your ears back cause there's going to be 9 in the box. The Eagles fielded a top 5 O with Sanchez. Some believe Bradford is .u have n ore talented if healthy. I think you're being silly on that one.