• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez...5yrs, $70 mill, $45 mill guaranteed...wowza

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for the Redskins to destroy Dallas have fun trying to tackle Alfred Morris and Matt Jones

Too bad Romo and company will run up 40 on the skids. Only way skids stand a chance is if broke knee regains his rookie form.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please with who Dez Bryant who got shut down by our rookie corner last year and now Hall is back and they brought in a top corner in Chris Culliver can't wait for the beat down the Cowboys are about to receive

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please with who Dez Bryant who got shut down by our rookie corner last year and now Hall is back and they brought in a top corner in Chris Culliver can't wait for the beat down the Cowboys are about to receive

ha%2Bha.gif

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically RB's that carry th ball as many carries as Murray this past year do not make it fully through the next or see a severe drop in stats. I think it was the right thing to do even though I don't think anybody on their roster right now quite has the skills that Murray did when fully healthy.
This is the stat that nobody wants to see. When a RB has as many carry's as DM , they never do it again the next year. Not Murray's fault - they used him. - used him up!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Now that is a bold prediction. Or are you saying you think Murray gets injured? I think Murray could miss 4 or 5 games and still rush for more yards than any one Cowboy.

I think he either has nagging injuries or just isn't the same runner in Philly. I've offered a playoff avy bet for that twice and no one who seems to think Dallas screwed the pooch has stepped up to take it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the stat that nobody wants to see. When a RB has as many carry's as DM , they never do it again the next year. Not Murray's fault - they used him. - used him up!

Exactly. And it's why everyone is quick to say Dallas messed up letting Murray go, but when offered to bet their avy on it they run away. This is the third attempt to get someone to take that bet.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yes, I'm just glad he found a dumb team to pay him. Glad he's getting his money, just not with Dallas.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is crock of crap that I hate. The same fans that say "Emmit wasn't that great, anyone could run behind that o-line" are the ones saying "Murray isn't a product of his line". Murray did it for one stupid year, Emmit did it year after year behind a changing line.

But Dallas will regret letting Murray go. No way, no how. I still say Dallas will have a RB that gets more yards than Murray.
Someone is just gonna step in and get 1800+ yards. :L BTW, what was the Cowboys records the years Murry didn't do it?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone is just gonna step in and get 1800+ yards. :L BTW, what was the Cowboys records the years Murry didn't do it?

Funny, I never once said that. Not sure how you are facepalming, there can't be that much more room up your ass after you fit your head in there.

Just another example of someone saying Dallas is fucked but not willing to take the fucking bet.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, I never once said that. Not sure how you are facepalming, there can't be that much more room up your ass after you fit your head in there.

Just another example of someone saying Dallas is fucked but not willing to take the fucking bet.

Bwwwaaahahahahaha

Head%2Bup%2Bass.gif

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What was the record when Dallas play call in was pass, pass pass run pass pass run pass pass pass ect? Or what was the record before Martin soliDidier the line?
If the play calling doesn't resort back to 2013 the running game will be close to what is was last year. No I'm not saying any of these backs are = to Murray but I think as a team it's equal.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he either has nagging injuries or just isn't the same runner in Philly. I've offered a playoff avy bet for that twice and no one who seems to think Dallas screwed the pooch has stepped up to take it.

I don't make internet bets with any stakes higher than pride, but I'll just say I hope you are right as a Cowboy fan. I will say the important part that is being missed is that Murray can make the Pro Bowl and it could still have been the right move for Dallas. We wouldn't have him, Dez and Hardy unless we were really going to push some money back and screw the future cap years. Or maybe we can sign Frederick and Martin now in a few years, but if we had Murray's contract it would be one or the other? So, I was fine with letting Murray go. That to me is a different discussion than whether he will have a good year or have more yards than any Cowboy. I keep going back to the same stat: In Murray's "season of a lifetime" last year, his career YPC actually dropped. So he isn't a one year wonder and our OL didn't "make" him IMO. He just finally stayed healthy and was given the opportunity that he should have been given in prior years.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't make internet bets with any stakes higher than pride, but I'll just say I hope you are right as a Cowboy fan. I will say the important part that is being missed is that Murray can make the Pro Bowl and it could still have been the right move for Dallas. We wouldn't have him, Dez and Hardy unless we were really going to push some money back and screw the future cap years. Or maybe we can sign Frederick and Martin now in a few years, but if we had Murray's contract it would be one or the other? So, I was fine with letting Murray go. That to me is a different discussion than whether he will have a good year or have more yards than any Cowboy. I keep going back to the same stat: In Murray's "season of a lifetime" last year, his career YPC actually dropped. So he isn't a one year wonder and our OL didn't "make" him IMO. He just finally stayed healthy and was given the opportunity that he should have been given in prior years.

Heard another stat yesterday that through the first 10 games of the season Murray had 800 yards before first contact. That's insane. He averaged 80 yards per game early in the season before a defender even touched him. As long as a RB can see the correct hole to go through, most RB's in the NFL can run as long as a defender isn't on them.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you need to read a little more carefully. is it just me or are the ones that constantly go to the "face palm" emoji also the ones that never seem to be able to follow along...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard another stat yesterday that through the first 10 games of the season Murray had 800 yards before first contact. That's insane. He averaged 80 yards per game early in the season before a defender even touched him. As long as a RB can see the correct hole to go through, most RB's in the NFL can run as long as a defender isn't on them.

I'm always skeptical of those stats and that seems pretty crazy, but it is amazing if actually true. Murray's patience and vision are so much better than most backs. It is what sets him apart IMO. He is so much better than he seems to be given credit for IMO. And not getting touched isn't always just because of the Line. It's the back himself too.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem a lot like redskin fans
all these years and still butt hurt about all things Dallas

Actually, if he's in Arizona then it's most likely he used to be a Cowboy fan...like most of the state. :dhd:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure which is right, but this seems to contradict that a little. Also it is for the full season so it's not exactly apples to apples. Regardless I'm not in the camp that the OL made Murray (I think Murray made them a little too), but I do think they are a fantastic OL that makes ANY back better than they would be on some other teams.

Free Agent Profile: DeMarco Murray | ProFootballFocus.com

Though the Dallas offensive line was rightly lauded for fine performances over the season, that shouldn’t take attention away from what Murray was achieving behind them. In addition to leading the league in rushing, Murray nearly eclipsed 1,000 rushing yards after contact and forced the second-most missed tackles with 55. He had particularly good success on first down to often set Dallas up with good situations on second down. Among runners with at least 60 first down carries, Murray ranked fifth with 4-plus yard gains on 39% of those attempts. His 2.68 yards after contact average on first down also ranked in the Top 10.

There’s no question Murray benefitted from outstanding blocking last year. We ranked Dallas’s offensive line as the second-best run blocking unit in the league in 2014. However, he still had to earn his fair share with an above-average 2.5 yards after contact per carry. While that could be skewed by a few longer runs with early contact, Murray had the fifth-highest percentage of rushes with 4-plus yards after contact out of the 45 running backs with a minimum of 100 rush attempts.