• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez...5yrs, $70 mill, $45 mill guaranteed...wowza

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh. so you decided to conveniently merge that into my point which had absolutely nothing to do with the Cardinals. Makes perfect sense. Either way Thanks man. I'll try to hone my internet skills for you.

Putting words in my mouth and flat out calling me stupid (in backdoor fashion) is usually not your style. Did somebody strike a cord? (Don't worry, I do't expect you to admit it)

BTW- We all know the team swinging the big dick over the past 10 years has been the Cardinals. So you might want to rethink that penis-envy comment. Or were you talking about something that is not relevant in this decade?

It's always fun to squab with you bro...... Your It

Did you just say the Cardinals have been relevant the last 10 years? WHERE? Because you played in a SB? I guess Philly was the big dog the decade before that, then.

Good grief, I feel bad for making fun of you now.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be livid if my team signed any WR for that kinda money,i just do not see it in any form,how many catches does he get to justify it yah know,or for that matter any WR.

But hey maybe he has some incredible years and proves everyone wrong.

If you had a WR worth it, you would feel differently. I realize that every SEA fan thinks every one of your players will take team friendly deals, or at least did a couple of years ago before they all started asking for max contracts and leaving for more money, but that's the rate for a legit top WR in the NFL.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had a WR worth it, you would feel differently. I realize that every SEA fan thinks every one of your players will take team friendly deals, or at least did a couple of years ago before they all started asking for max contracts and leaving for more money, but that's the rate for a legit top WR in the NFL.

Dez is a great WR, and should be a Cowboy for life. But is he really worth half of what JJ paid to buy the Cowboys? On the other hand, if Romo goes down...is Dez still a 70 million dollar WR with Weeden throwing to him?

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez is a great WR, and question a Cowboy for life. But is he really worth half of what JJ paid to buy the Cowboys? On the other hand, if Romo goes down...is Dez still a 70 million dollar WR with Weeden throwing to him?

You can say that about any WR who loses their starting QB. Is Garcon & DJax still worth their contract with Bob throwing to them?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez is a great WR, and should be a Cowboy for life. But is he really worth half of what JJ paid to buy the Cowboys? On the other hand, if Romo goes down...is Dez still a 70 million dollar WR with Weeden throwing to him?

Eh, the price paid 20+ years ago for the team is irrelevant. Dez is worth every penny he is counting against the cap.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, the price paid 20+ years ago for the team is irrelevant. Dez is worth every penny he is counting against the cap.

Go back to the Detroit/Dallas playoff game. Detroit was up 17 to 7 well into the 3rd and Dallas had a 3rd and 10. Detroit was in total control of this game and this was a crucial drive. Dez cut across the field and was blanketed by a LB. Dez caught the ball well short of the first down but the LB who was in prime position for an easy drive ending tackle just bounced off him like a 7 year old girl trying to tackle Earl Campbell. When I saw that play I said there isnt another WR that strong in this league. Dez picked up about 50 yards and seemed to save a game that was almost about to be won by Detroit. Dez is a beast.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the exception of maybe Gronk or Jimmy, is there a receiving target more lethal in the red zone? Aside from the big plays which Dez is obviously capable of he's almost impossible to defend in a goal line situation.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you just say the Cardinals have been relevant the last 10 years? WHERE? Because you played in a SB? I guess Philly was the big dog the decade before that, then.

Good grief, I feel bad for making fun of you now.

Don't play dumb, you know I was just responding to your point, or lack there of, about Cardinal fans "penis-envy" toward the Cowboys. And you know in recent history they have owned the Cowboys. So yes, I would call that relevant to Cowboy fans.

I realize you don't think the Cards are relevant to Cowboy fans because you've spent the last few days telling me. :scratch:

Remember, you brought up the Cards in this thread, not me.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't play dumb, you know I was just responding to your point, or lack there of, about Cardinal fans "penis-envy" toward the Cowboys. And you know in recent history they have owned the Cowboys. So yes, I would call that relevant to Cowboy fans.

I realize you don't think the Cards are relevant to Cowboy fans because you've spent the last few days telling me. :scratch:

bullshit. I talked about the Dallas fans in AZ. the first mention of Cardinals was you, talking about Cardinal fans. The first mention of the actual team was you, being defensive about us talking about your "lowly cardinals".

I didn't bring the Cardinals into this, you just took it that way. Not surprising since the only reason you are even in this thread is because you have no ability to comprehend what is said, thus taking a shot at me because you THOUGHT I was saying one of Dallas' RB's would top 1800 yards...which I didn't.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the NFL these days it is all about balance of the Salary Cap. The biggest thing is not having it too top heavy. AS long as a team can make sure the top-5 or so players are not taking up an astronomical level of the Cap then they should be fine. Throw in as we have seen it really does come down to how teams draft. If you can't draft well then you are screwed no matter how much you pay other players.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really? Because you beat us at Home without our QB and where our backup threw two picks and had a horrible day even though we had a chance to drive for a win in the 4th Qtr???

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bullshit. I talked about the Dallas fans in AZ. the first mention of Cardinals was you, talking about Cardinal fans. The first mention of the actual team was you, being defensive about us talking about your "lowly cardinals".

I didn't bring the Cardinals into this, you just took it that way. Not surprising since the only reason you are even in this thread is because you have no ability to comprehend what is said, thus taking a shot at me because you THOUGHT I was saying one of Dallas' RB's would top 1800 yards...which I didn't.

Not bullshit. Below is my original quote.
Someone is just gonna step in and get 1800+ yards. :L BTW, what was the Cowboys records the years Murry didn't do it?

Below is the first time AZ was brought into the conversation. No need to bring in your first quote because it was just an empty insult. Of course after this quote the douchebag, dynamic duo of jarntt and pday joined in on the insults.

Actually, if he's in Arizona then it's most likely he used to be a Cowboy fan...like most of the state. :dhd:

Now, I may have misunderstood your original point, but its crystal clear, you were ripping Cardinal fans with this post. Don't tell me that is not the same as bringing up the Cardinals.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Because you beat us at Home without our QB and where our backup threw two picks and had a horrible day even though we had a chance to drive for a win in the 4th Qtr???
Nope. Keep trying though. I'm sure you will eventually figure it out.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bullshit. Below is my original quote.

Below is the first time AZ was brought into the conversation. No need to bring in your first quote because it was just an empty insult. Of course after this quote the douchebag, dynamic duo of jarntt and pday joined in on the insults.

Now, I may have misunderstood your original point, but its crystal clear, you were ripping Cardinal fans with this post. Don't tell me that is not the same as bringing up the Cardinals.

What's the point of this? Your "original" quote was off base, but you go back to it? And my first quote wasn't an empty insult, it was a homerun reply to you sticking your ignorant nose into a conversation without knowing what was even being said. Just a piece of advice, if you are going to confront someone over what they said you better damn sure know what it is that they actually said. You didn't, and since then rather than say "damn, my bad" you keep trying to dig and spin this into somehow being anyone elses fault but your own. Even now you "may have misunderstood your original point"...what is that. There is no doubt you had no idea what my original point was, but just keep on digging.

And yes, I said the word Arizona first but I didn't talk about your team first. I spoke about Dallas fans that live in Arizona.

Good grief, not sure what your deal is but you just don't know when to shut up do you? You just keep talking and looking sillier and sillier.

Last edited:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW three game win streak..... NOT impressed.

Honestly, it's about the most impressive thing his franchise has ever done. They beat the Cowboys, whoopdeedoo. The Redskins have done that, so it must not be that big of a challenge.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the point of this? Your "original" quote was off base, but you go back to it? And my first quote wasn't an empty insult, it was a homerun reply to you sticking your ignorant nose into a conversation without knowing what was even being said. Just a piece of advice, if you are going to confront someone over what they said you better damn sure know what it is that they actually said. You didn't, and since then rather than say "damn, my bad" you keep trying to dig and spin this into somehow being anyone elses fault but your own. Even now you "may have misunderstood your original point"...what is that. There is no doubt you had no idea what my original point was, but just keep on digging.

And yes, I said the word Arizona first but I didn't talk about your team first. I spoke about Dallas fans that live in Arizona.

Good grief, not sure what your deal is but you just don't know when to shut up do you? You just keep talking and looking sillier and sillier.

My point is simple. I said I misunderstood your original point more than once and was personally insulted by you and the douchbag crew in classic Cowboy fan fashion. Misunderstanding someones point and having them respond with a "get your head out of your ass" comment doesn't deserve a "my bad" response.

Within your insults, you took a shot at the AZ fan base. You can try and act like it was an innocent comment about Dallas fans, but we all know it wasn't. Obviously the conversation took a turn in another direction.

This is not difficult to follow, but keep blasting me with your self-proclaimed "home run" insulting responses. You can say I look silly, but you look the exact same by acting like you are oblivious about my point.