• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Devils vs Rangers GDT:

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hagelin is fast as hell, but that's about it.
Stepan right now is being buried by fans, media and coaches which is typical in NY. They love every young player early on, and then eventually they suck and they get traded.
Remember Grachev? Prucha? Betts? Even Dubinsky and Anisimov. They turn on these guys overnight.
Eventually, it might also be Krieder and then Miller.

I guess its easier to blame a Stepan or Del Zotto in NY then a guy like Richards, Gaborik or even Nash who really flopped a few plays last night.
He shoud have scored on that move on Brodeur, and that Clarkson goal was kind of his fault.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Larsson plays with confidence I feel like he's awesome. There were a couple of times where he went stride for stride with somebody entering the zone and completely neutralized the attack. He also had a couple of good keep ins on offense. I would like to see him take the body more and be less passive physically in our own end.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought Larsson was good. He needs to play bottom line. He didn't make any mistakes back there, and is one of the better defenseman on making the outlet pass. I'd like to see him more on the power play if possible.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also, with Larsson, he might be playing a little passive because he doesn't want to be benched. I think he can make the spectacular pass or play, but right now is hesitant because he doesn't want to be a healthy scratch if it backfires.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
o rp thanks for the trip down memory lane! petr prucha!!! lol nigel dawes, manny malhorta wonder if its the kids they draft or the way they are brought up?

i thought larrson was fine out there last night. he did make a stop maybe a bit lucky to keep the puck out of the wide open net. he does have some good vision on those pass/shots so i would like to see him out there on the pp.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larsson may .ot have been the offensive flash we expect him.ti be.But he played solid defense and blocked quite a few,shots.I think the offense comes in time his confidence will grow.Also through a few big hits who is our defensive coach :whistle:

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dawes haha. I think he is playing in the KHL now.

About Larsson, remember Nieds? Media said he was held back by the Devils and Lemaire? Probably to an extent it was true.
Could be the same with Larsson. Master the defensive game here in NJ and offense will come.
Not saying he is the same as Nieds but he will be good.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone catch torts postgame ? Guys don't care and may lose their jobs ? Hopefully that's A sign of breaking down lack of confidence. Would love to see remarks like that bite him in the ass

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is he burned a lot of bridges with his press conferences last year. The last thing you want to do is get on the New York media's bad side because they will turn on your in the blink of an eye. They are the ones that control whether or not the fans at the Garden are chanting for him to be fired.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is he burned a lot of bridges with his press conferences last year. The last thing you want to do is get on the New York media's bad side because they will turn on your in the blink of an eye. They are the ones that control whether or not the fans at the Garden are chanting for him to be fired.

I thought it was a pretty bold and risky remark to make.Could spark your team could also be taken as a threat or showing as a lack of confidence.A lot of potential to backfire or cause dissension and separation within the locker room

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before, torts is like Mike Keenan in that he has a short shelf life. Good coach but he only has a few years to bring success in any town because of his somewhat toxic personality it turns on him quickly.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They already do not like him. His post game media sessions after a loss are a joke.
As a professional coach, you are expected to answer questions and he acts like a big baby.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already do not like him. His post game media sessions after a loss are a joke.
As a professional coach, you are expected to answer questions and he acts like a big baby.

You can only get away with that garbage if you are Bill Belichek!

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the best choice of words seemed like a complete lack of confidence .That said I thought it was great.Trying to get your team to gel.make them worry about keeping their jobs after calling them lazy.And to say it onive tv :L should have been kept in the locker room imo

Last edited by a moderator: