• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Devils Rangers Thoughts 9/23

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thought the Devils played ok tonight. They let the Rangers really get in gear in the Devils end during the first 30 minutes of the game.

Kovy had a great game. Looks like they're featuring him as the shooter on the PP which is nice. Larsson looks good distributing the puck, but needs to work on opening Lanes to shoot in for himself.

Henrique had a nice game.

Too bad the Rangers got the win on a fluke bounce/deflection.

The ice might as well have been sand. Players falling all over the place, bouncing pucks, etc, etc.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah nice goal by henruiqe glad to see him put that top shelf. start doing that early in his career good thing! kovalchuk looked pumped up too with it just being a preseason game im liking that....i thought the last goal should've been a goal. i think thats where they need to figure something out either let the ref review it himself on a monitor or something. just those judgement calls are tricky at 1st glance yeah it looked like he bumped him after the replay its pretty clear that it only looked like he got bumped because he bit on the shot big time!

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah nice goal by henruiqe glad to see him put that top shelf. start doing that early in his career good thing! kovalchuk looked pumped up too with it just being a preseason game im liking that....i thought the last goal should've been a goal. i think thats where they need to figure something out either let the ref review it himself on a monitor or something. just those judgement calls are tricky at 1st glance yeah it looked like he bumped him after the replay its pretty clear that it only looked like he got bumped because he bit on the shot big time!

I was sitting right behind the goal for the one your referring to, and I don't think he would have been able to make the save if Palmieri was standing there because he committed to the shot, not the pass and deflection of Kovy, but Palmieri was definitely in the crease and at least bumped the guy a little. Kovy was pretty pumped up.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That goal should have counted. The puck was in the net before Chad Johnson even reacted. Palmieri had no where to go and if you watched replay no contact was made before puck went in. Great pass by Larsson. Kid is going to be great. Kovy and Henrique looked really good. I think having Larsson will make our PP solid. He is so calm for his age. Agree he still has room for improvement. Also he has a gritty side. Bad penalty on that crosscheck but at the same time like to see that meanness to his game. Also solid hit on Weiss.

I thought Marty gave up a weak last goal but it might have been deflected.

Liked Tedenby last night too. He should have had 2 goals. Sped right past erixon on that one play.

Devils were asleep first half of the game but I saw lot of positives especially 2nd half.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
JJ played well too. Nice shot on that pass from Kovy. He needs to have a great season with Zajac out.