• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2016 Thread

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Verlander and his agent might work on swinging a deal where he can get out of Detroit and to a better media oriented town like LA or NY. He has 3 more years and $94mil left on his contract. If he could work out a deal that would stretch out that money (plus some) over a longer period, plus get assurances of "personal appearance" deals...maybe a move to a coast??? I cannot see Hollywood Justin sticking to Detroit his entire career.
A Miggy trade? Sure would not seem likely....but I don't think he has any ties to Detroit. If something pissed him off....who knows.
Neither of their values will ever be higher imo.

Not really somethingI want to see. But now is the time to do it, if you're ever gonna do it. (JV has a no trade clause. Pretty sure he grew up a Mets fan... Mets have about 8 starters not named Bartolo. And have no big impact hitters aside from Cespedes. )

Ticket sales would take a big hit. More so for Miggy, since he plays every day. That's tough to get past.

DD loves to revisit his old players. Big Papi is retiring. Red Sox have more starting caliber players than they have starting spots. And you know the Yankees would love to have a guy in pinstripes for all the milestones he's gonna reach.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a joke to just pick up Ausmus' option. You had to do one of two things, fire him, or extend him. How the fuck do you think it's the right idea to put him on a 1 year deal. No manager wants that. Sorry Al Avila but you are lying to your fanbase to think Ausmus prefers a 1 year option.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a joke to just pick up Ausmus' option. You had to do one of two things, fire him, or extend him. How the fuck do you think it's the right idea to put him on a 1 year deal. No manager wants that. Sorry Al Avila but you are lying to your fanbase to think Ausmus prefers a 1 year option.

It was interesting that Avila DID put some of the blame on himself for missing the playoffs. Apparently, he has no worries about his own job. Avila said Ausmus did a good job dealing with the injuries and having to work in so many young pitchers. I don't know how much of that was really Ausmus, how much was Dubee, or how much was just the pitchers maturing naturally.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really somethingI want to see. But now is the time to do it, if you're ever gonna do it. (JV has a no trade clause. Pretty sure he grew up a Mets fan... Mets have about 8 starters not named Bartolo. And have no big impact hitters aside from Cespedes. )

Ticket sales would take a big hit. More so for Miggy, since he plays every day. That's tough to get past.

DD loves to revisit his old players. Big Papi is retiring. Red Sox have more starting caliber players than they have starting spots. And you know the Yankees would love to have a guy in pinstripes for all the milestones he's gonna reach.

Yep, Miggy should reach 500 HR within the next 2-3 years and 3,000 hits within the next 3 years if he stays healthy. I'd love to see him do it as a Tiger.

JV probably reaches 200 wins in a couple of years, but he'll have to pitch through his option year (2020) to see 3,000 strikeouts.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the Giants might want to swap Bumgarner for Justin Upton and the entire Detroit Tiger minor league rosters? :)

Marlins2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,363.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to point out that I told people years ago Porcello would win a cy young award... vicestradamus

Marlins2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,363.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the Giants might want to swap Bumgarner for Justin Upton and the entire Detroit Tiger minor league rosters? :)
Hernan Perez jokes not so funny any more are they iffy...

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to point out the someone constantly picked the KC Royals to fail.

Hernan Perez. Utility player

Marlins2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,363.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hernan Perez sixth in mlb with 34 stolen bases... hits 13 hr and bats .272 while playing 3 positions of above average defense...

Marlins2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,363.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Royals did fail this year... just as I said they would. Next year will be even worse because now payroll is exploding and they will have to unload guys.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vice....I'll let Slinky list your "predictions" he has lots of them on the AL Central board.

I am not going to be the one to get you 'spinning' your stories here.

Marlins2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,363.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Care to bring back up all the anti porcello crap you used to spew iffy?

Marlins2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,363.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vice....I'll let Slinky list your "predictions" he has lots of them on the AL Central board.

I am not going to be the one to get you 'spinning' your stories here.
Lol iffy.. just say it once... you miss me when i am gone... you clowns mention me when i dont post for months...

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vice....go over to the AL Central thread. Leave this place alone. There are just a few of us and we like to have civil conversations. That is not what you do. If you stay here, your "friends" will show up, and it will become a zoo. Just a polite request.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was interesting that Avila DID put some of the blame on himself for missing the playoffs. Apparently, he has no worries about his own job. Avila said Ausmus did a good job dealing with the injuries and having to work in so many young pitchers. I don't know how much of that was really Ausmus, how much was Dubee, or how much was just the pitchers maturing naturally.
I was very impressed with Dubee.

Some of it was pitchers maturing and finding their groove. But it was across the board. Fulmer, Boyd, Norris and Rondon all had a big part in the team staying in contention. Norris and Boyd made major adjustments in their form and delivery as the season went on. And Fulmer started to utilize a pitch at the MLB level he'd never really thrown before. That's good coaching imo. Very good.

The team base running is where I feel the coaches failed. And have failed since about two months into Ausmus' tenure.

Some of the lack of runs can be attributed to a lack of timely hitting. (Miggy was well under his career marks with runners on I believe.). But giving away outs and not taking extra based kept this team out of the playoffs more than anything.

And on the whole, I thought Ausmus did well with what he had this year. Every team has injuries. But many teams have depth to deal with it. His doesn't. And that isn't on a manager. Muzz won't agree, but his use of rest days kept the team going till the end. To me.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How were you able to get back Vice? I might be one of the few glad to see you back.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to point out that I told people years ago Porcello would win a cy young award... vicestradamus

Even a blind squirrel.... or a broken clock .....

Marlins2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,363.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very impressed with Dubee.

Some of it was pitchers maturing and finding their groove. But it was across the board. Fulmer, Boyd, Norris and Rondon all had a big part in the team staying in contention. Norris and Boyd made major adjustments in their form and delivery as the season went on. And Fulmer started to utilize a pitch at the MLB level he'd never really thrown before. That's good coaching imo. Very good.

The team base running is where I feel the coaches failed. And have failed since about two months into Ausmus' tenure.

Some of the lack of runs can be attributed to a lack of timely hitting. (Miggy was well under his career marks with runners on I believe.). But giving away outs and not taking extra based kept this team out of the playoffs more than anything.

And on the whole, I thought Ausmus did well with what he had this year. Every team has injuries. But many teams have depth to deal with it. His doesn't. And that isn't on a manager. Muzz won't agree, but his use of rest days kept the team going till the end. To me.

I am good with ausmus coming back... Tiger would have won the central if they could have just beat the indians... take away the head to head and the tigers had the better record. Mccann sucked at the plate hard and upton didn't show up until august... there is a lot of reason for optimism next season with the young arms. Plus fat boy rondon actually looked solid.