• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2015 Thread

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...... It's the end of an era.

It's seriously is the end of an era. Our rotation is going to suck.

I think rotation will be fine. I havent gave u on JV yet. Price is the best pitcher in AL not named sale, simon has been solid for several years now. Tigers still have best rotation in AL. If they add shields to replace scherzer, even better. A rotation of JV, sanchez, shields, price and simon or greene, dayum.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets remember going into 2014 there were questions about porcello and smyly. Porcello had a career year and thats great. If simon stays healthy he will put up similar numbers to ricky this year. Their numbers were identical last year. Guy gets a lot of hate but he has figured out how to pitch and has been consistent for several years. As of now hes our number four starter but I think shields will sign with detroit and slot in as our four and bump simon to fifth.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn My favorite player has just left town. Now, doe Dumbo have 33 victory's for Rick and Max leaving?

DD has been a great GM, not sure why you call him dumbo .were you a tiges fan before DD got here? Simon/greene will adequately replace porcello. Cespedes will have his best years in detroit and I think shields will be signed for about half of what max signed for and get 14 wins.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DD has been a great GM, not sure why you call him dumbo .were you a tiges fan before DD got here? Simon/greene will adequately replace porcello. Cespedes will have his best years in detroit and I think shields will be signed for about half of what max signed for and get 14 wins.

Yeah i agree. I never understood the hate for DD. Has every trade and signing worked? NO. but no GM is 100 percent perfect. Guy got players like miggy, price, sanchez, max, ajax and many more. So fans bring up BP. I understand. Our BP Has sucked. But isnt like he tried. Hes got nathan soria hanrahan veras as of late. All of which were sucessful closers once. Not his fault they get here and stink. Only time i was mad at DD was last yr when he didnt sign a solid 7-8th inning guy after what happened the yr before in boston. But in NO way will i EVER talk bad about DD. I remember the randy smith days where our splash in the offseason was getting ausmus twice.

Name GM's you would rather have then DD. the list cant be very long. If i bought a team him and theo epstein would be 2 of my choices. Could be worse. We could have dayton moore.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think rotation will be fine. I havent gave u on JV yet. Price is the best pitcher in AL not named sale, simon has been solid for several years now. Tigers still have best rotation in AL. If they add shields to replace scherzer, even better. A rotation of JV, sanchez, shields, price and simon or greene, dayum.

Simon has no business in a starting rotation. He was a middle reliever for a decade with good reason. (That was a horrible trade.) Green hasn't pitched a full year in a rotation. (Not behind Simon by much). JV was argueably the worst starter in baseball last year. And is on the wrong side of 30. Sanchez will not go 200 innings. So we have Price.(Not sure Id rank Price ahead of Felix or Kluber. Or Darvish. But atleast we have one starter we can count on.) Who I hope gets traded before the deadline so we don't just get a draft pick for Jackson and Smyly. (Worst case scenario already happened. Max left, Price wasn't extended. With little left to trade.)

DD has seriously screwed the pooch when it comes to pitching. Fister, Scherzer, Smyly and Ricky P all gone with only Price and Cespedes to show for it. And the only shortstop available is Andrew Freakin Romine. (Iggy hasn't ran on hard ground in nearly a year.)

Signing Shields would annoy me. Didn't pursue position players in FA in order to keep our first rounder. Could have kept Rick and got an outfielder that actually draws walks if we're going to throw the pick away for an aging starter that fades when it matters.

He's wasting the end of Cabreras prime.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Too bad only one of them is replacing Porcello in the rotation. (Neither have his upside. Doubt either give us the innings he did.)

The other replaces Scherzer. And that ain't happenin.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers need to extend price now. He is a much better pitcher than anyone the tigers have or had last season. His contract next offseason will be massive. I would much rather see him get the big contract that max rejected, hes better and pitches deeper into games. Max will be missed, but max is nowhere near the pitcher price is...and the next five years will show that. If they can get shields for a decent four or five year contract IM all for it. If it means price wont be extended, hell no.

IMO Price is worth an extension but Max was not worth anything more than 145 and 6. Max is a power pitcher that average 6.2 innings per start and is 30. Good pitcher but not one I want to keep until he is 37. My guess is that will be a shit contract in 3 years.

I think Dave D wants to see if Price wants to be here. It's possible that Dave D has asked and Price has put the brakes on to see how he fits in this season. It is Dave D style to give fair extensions early instead of getting into bidding wars later.

I am not sure the Nats should look to move Zimmerman.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simon has no business in a starting rotation. He was a middle reliever for a decade with good reason. (That was a horrible trade.) Green hasn't pitched a full year in a rotation. (Not behind Simon by much). JV was argueably the worst starter in baseball last year. And is on the wrong side of 30. Sanchez will not go 200 innings. So we have Price.(Not sure Id rank Price ahead of Felix or Kluber. Or Darvish. But atleast we have one starter we can count on.) Who I hope gets traded before the deadline so we don't just get a draft pick for Jackson and Smyly. (Worst case scenario already happened. Max left, Price wasn't extended. With little left to trade.)

DD has seriously screwed the pooch when it comes to pitching. Fister, Scherzer, Smyly and Ricky P all gone with only Price and Cespedes to show for it. And the only shortstop available is Andrew Freakin Romine. (Iggy hasn't ran on hard ground in nearly a year.)

Signing Shields would annoy me. Didn't pursue position players in FA in order to keep our first rounder. Could have kept Rick and got an outfielder that actually draws walks if we're going to throw the pick away for an aging starter that fades when it matters.

He's wasting the end of Cabreras prime.

Simon will be adequate as a fourth or fifth starter. Guy has been solid for three years now. Thats a decent track record in my book. His numbers were identical to porcellos last year. I love some porcello and have always stuck up for him on here and rightfully so, but last year was his best year. I doubt that trend will contine. Rick is a pitcher that will consistently eat up innings to the tune of a 4-4.5 era. Simon will be ok. The porcello trade was much better than the fister trade. Tigers received a legit five tool player in return whos going to be a monster in that lineup. I know it sucks to see ricky go, but it sucked to see granderson go as well. I would much rather have shields for half the price of scherzer, I think everyone knows max is overrated and the nationals will regret that contract. Hes will never come close to another 2013, even in the NL now that hes been paid. If JV hasnt figured it out by may, I agree his best years may be behind him, but with the surgery last offseason, IM willing to wait and see. I still trust him. I like price much better than kluber or darvish. Ill call it even with king felix. Guy consistently pitches late into games and that in itself is a huge value to a team. Agree if they cant extend him this offseason they need to trade him. Although unlike scherzer (who I was a huge advocate for trading last offseason while his value was at an all time high), price is legit and I would rather see him extended. Rotation will be fine this year especially if they sign shields. If the tigers sign shields this years team will be more complete than last years.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry Smitty, DD trades with Marlins enough. He will be back soon enough.

Marlins closing in on a deal with Ichiro.

Still have faith that Donnie Boy will get cut, be in Toledo and the season may still be salvaged.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People worried about bullpen but it actually looks like the pen will have options....

Wilson (from Boston), Krol, Lobstein, Rondon, Soria, Nathan, Al A,Webber (Minor League invite) Grozelanny, Hanrahan, Hardy, Ryan, and anyone else they should sign or pick up before camp.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes a magnet for foul tips. Guy needs body armor.

I always thought some of that was the pitchers Avila has handled. Guys with a lot of late movement who get a lot of foul tips -- JV, Max, Sanchez, and Fister in prior years.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simon will be adequate as a fourth or fifth starter. Guy has been solid for three years now. Thats a decent track record in my book.
Solid for three years, maybe -- but not as a starter. He was a reliever in 2012-2013 (61 and 88 innings respectively). Last year was his first as a full-time starter. He threw 196 innings after never throwing more than 115 in any prior season. He was 12-3 at the All-Star break last season, then went 3-7 after the break. As far as I see, he's had one good half-season as a starter. He clearly wore down after reaching about 110-120 innings. And he turns 34 on May 8. I have a feeling he'll be in long relief by mid-June. Hope I'm wrong.

Winnipegger

Detroit Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I've found some familiar looking usernames on this site. Hello former CBS dudes, "Winnipeg" here.

Winnipegger

Detroit Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still check my mailbox for an AVILA SUCKS t-shirt. Every. Damn. Day.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome winnipeg

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah, a WINNIPEG sighting!

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid for three years, maybe -- but not as a starter. He was a reliever in 2012-2013 (61 and 88 innings respectively). Last year was his first as a full-time starter. He threw 196 innings after never throwing more than 115 in any prior season. He was 12-3 at the All-Star break last season, then went 3-7 after the break. As far as I see, he's had one good half-season as a starter. He clearly wore down after reaching about 110-120 innings. And he turns 34 on May 8. I have a feeling he'll be in long relief by mid-June. Hope I'm wrong.

It would be nice if Simon moved because Lobstein was lights out as well as Kroll.