• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2014 Thread

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaba and Davis share the goat of the game..

aar000n

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow give it away. Literally winning run on an error.

adrian2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put this loss more on the horrible D than on the pen. Hunter continues to be awful in RF. Lobbibg the ball to second with a runner on third and one out . Then the Davis play. Uggh.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really isn't. (Like to see him drive in Miggy or VMart in the eight though. We may need more than three today.)

Sweet catch he had yesterday.

Really can't blame it all on Joba today. I do wonder if we jinxed other day praising him. The error saved it from being total Coke style.

K

kengel6

4 wins, 3 losses against Houston/Minnesota???? WTF. These are teams Detroit should be cleaning up on. Why did Al Al get yanked today? Shit, let him pitch. I thought Ausmus was not going to coach like Jimmie did. I must be off my meds.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the glass-half-full people will say, hey it's a 4-3 home stand. The realist says they lost 3 of the last 4 games against clearly inferior teams. They scored 9 runs yesterday, but only 2, 1 and 3 runs in their losses -- against pitching they should light up like a Christmas tree.

Surprisingly, today was the first game the team lost after leading through 7 innings.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the glass-half-full people will say, hey it's a 4-3 home stand. The realist says they lost 3 of the last 4 games against clearly inferior teams. They scored 9 runs yesterday, but only 2, 1 and 3 runs in their losses -- against pitching they should light up like a Christmas tree.

Surprisingly, today was the first game the team lost after leading through 7 innings.

Yup i agree. I said anything less than 5-2 vs these 2 teams would be considered a failure...now we go to balt and boston....places where we seem to struggle....maybe we make up for that weak homestand by winning some tough games...

I said the 7-8 innings were gonna be our downfall this year...used to be the 9th, but i feel confident with nathan....im sorry, i never was buying the joba hype...sure he hadnt given up any runs lately, but i just dont trust him....i see joba as a pitcher used to come in and get an out or 2 when a K is needed....i dont trust him to pitch a whole inning...walks and hit batters are a killer...

Was listening to game on radio....up 3-1 i turned the mower on and did the front lawn....by the time i finished, it was 4-3 and i was like WHAT THE FUUUUUUGGG....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also....how the hell couldnt we score more on the twins? Their pitching is AAA worthy...even twins fans hate their pitchers...

DD is starting to look like a genius....i hated the fister trade.....i know its early, but ray is looking good and fister isnt.....they couldve kept krol...i didnt like him when we got him and i dont like him now....we better find a lefty for the pen...

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Tigers are in first place still have the best record in baseball I think and they lost a couple of games holy shit

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet catch he had yesterday.

Really can't blame it all on Joba today. I do wonder if we jinxed other day praising him. The error saved it from being total Coke style.

As much as I was disappointed with the loss yesterday. Im still pretty happy with the bullpen as a whole this year. We all know Phil Coke sucks. That's not going to change. Oh well, he won't be on the playoff roster. (We're going to be in coast mode this year, so yes, Im talking post season in May.) But outside of AlAl not throwing strikes, Nathan's dead arm and a couple Joba hick ups, it's a run of the mill bully. I'll take that. (Ausmus spoke about the pen after the game, he said everything I could think as to why the relievers aren't much of an issue.). I still haven't seen DKs grab. But I got a lot of texts when he pulled it off.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also....how the hell couldnt we score more on the twins? Their pitching is AAA worthy...even twins fans hate their pitchers...

DD is starting to look like a genius....i hated the fister trade.....i know its early, but ray is looking good and fister isnt.....they couldve kept krol...i didnt like him when we got him and i dont like him now....we better find a lefty for the pen...

Why in the world are you stuck on disliking Krol? Just cuz? Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Tigers are in first place still have the best record in baseball I think and they lost a couple of games holy shit

Yeah they are in first place in a weak division and they have played alot of scrubs so far....twins twice....chi sox twice....astros in a 4 game series....series with the padres....we should have a good record....but we have lost 3 out of the last 4 to houston and minny....gotta beat the teams you are supposed to so you have more of a cushion once you have to go to boston or back out west....look what cleveland did at the end of last year once they got to the easy part of their schedule.....the longer you let the other teams hang around, the more confidence they get....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the world are you stuck on disliking Krol? Just cuz? Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Everytime i watch him, he seems to not get the man out hes supposed to...

I SAID i didnt like him when we got him....once i watched him pitch i STILL dont like him....im sorry im not one of those fans that loves every player. I can think of many players over the years i just didnt care for.....i dont see krol being the answer in the pen when we need a huge out and big papi or fielder or elsbury or whatever LH hes paid to come in and get out.

E renteria
Enos cabel
Bill fahey
Deivi cruz
Ryan raturd
Phil coke
Todd jones
Marty castillo
Rob deer
Jeff weaver
Milt cuyler
Eric munson

Those are a few tigers i can think of who i didnt really care for.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tonight at Camden Yards: Kinsler Hunter Miggy VMart Jackson Nick C Avila Romine Davis Ricky on the hill

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hang around?...its fucking May!!!!!!

Yeah, the Tigers are on pace to win about 100 games, nobody else in the division is over .500 and Im supposed to find concerns somewhere? Im sure if Ricky's ERA goes over 3.50 tonight ill hear how he needs to be taken out of the rotation too.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hang around?...its fucking May!!!!!!

Ok burf...tigers are great!!! Theyre sweet!!! Theyre unbeatable!!!!.....but havent seem to won a WS in 30 yrs.....lets see how they do going to balt and boston....i guess its ok they couldnt score on the shitty pitching staff of minny...even though most of baseball is....but yeah....lets just hand the tigers the WS now....wow

Funny i guess the only thing allowed in here negative is ryan raburn sucks....phil cokes sucks! Or prince fielder sucks!

I love how prince got all the hatred hitting 25+ HR's and 100+ RBI's last year....but lord forbid to say anything about our top notch BP......but maybe if krol got traded and became an ex-tiger it would be ok to think he sucks...thats what alot of tiger fans have become lately...guy leaves and he sucks..."its all princes fault wah wah wah" ....everyone else, as long as theyre still a tiger get a pass....im sure once the tigers fail to win again this year....everyone will just blame it on coke..,.hes already on cue to be the goat...

I mean, we should be celebrating...a 4-3 homestand vs houston and minny...for a team favored to win the WS.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Tigers are on pace to win about 100 games, nobody else in the division is over .500 and Im supposed to find concerns somewhere? Im sure if Ricky's ERA goes over 3.50 tonight ill hear how he needs to be taken out of the rotation too.

We got 5 wins vs teams with a winning record...its gonna get tougher...