• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2014 Thread

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main issue with Max has always been this: Breaking the bank with a pitcher that has one more complete game than i do in his career.

Ha ha.... that sentence made me LMAO.

Last edited by a moderator:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boras's main tactic is getting teams to bid against themselves. By dragging this out and throwing an occasional rumor out he hopes to drive the Tigers into a larger gamble. I have no idea where they got the 200 million dollar contract.

The Tigers have made their bid and am sure they have occasionally let it be known they are still interested but have not made any more bids than the one they did last year. I like how Boras stated they will not get a chance of last offer. Just another rumor to make the Tigers think they better get their best offer out quickly.

I think GMs are a little worried to give power pitchers big long deals. Max has a ceiling and it isn't 200 million unless a GM gets really careless.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think GMs are a little worried to give power pitchers big long deals. Max has a ceiling and it isn't 200 million unless a GM gets really careless.

Completely agree. He may get more per season than the Tigers offered, but being on the wrong side of 30, I can't seem him getting the 7 years that he and Boras want.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No big splash move, but they did sign a lefty for the pen. Tom Gorzelanny... Situatonal guy at best and certainly can not be worse than sending out Coke to the bump. These are his career numbers.

Tom Gorzelanny Stats, Video Highlights, Photos, Bio | MLB.com: Team

Seems most recently his ERA was inflated by spot starts and not in relief. We shall see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No big splash move, but they did sign a lefty for the pen. Tom Gorzelanny... Situatonal guy at best and certainly can not be worse than sending out Coke to the bump.

Worthwhile pickup. If nothing else, it means the Tigers won't re-sign Coke, who is an FA.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Girlz all on ya!! Yes great snag. Go piston s!

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First mistake is giving two shits about what Iffy ever thought.

Second...where in the hell have you been? With regards to the Lions board.

Its weird cuz football is my favorite sport and i played and was pretty good. 6'5 280 in the 10th grade. Went to the football factory known as muskegon catholic central but i dont post much on the lions boards. Too many know it all homers who either never played football outside of a flag football league. If people dont like your opinion you have to argue with that persons said crew. Got sick of hearing tpaul say EVERY lion was great. Then when you start arguing with him, his lil bodyguard microwave comes a callin. So i usually just pop in and out.

I have been active the last 2 weeks after the horrible call the lions faced.

Didnt know people been posting in here lately. Been busy painting inside of my house. Every wall has marker and crayon. Now the kids are 5 and 7 i can make it look respectable again.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleaves has never been an active poster on lions board, just occasional, and I remember he used to get attacked by TP and micro for having different opinions (like everyone).

Hahaha just seen this after i posted. One thing i can say about laker is he remembers shit. Were actually on the same page when it comes to the tigers and lions.

I usually like to post where i like some of the people posting. Gandy laker smitty muzzer mr hockey and yes even burf lol. I nust get too mad when people talk shit knowing theyre hiding behind a cpu. Knowing they wouldnt say half the shit they say in person. One of these yrs imma crash that opening day lions game. I picture tpaul a lil goofy fucker too. Hes used the term "butthurt" one too many times. Where i come from if someone hears u use a term like that, they will beat u up for shits n giggles.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FEAR THE TURTLE BABY!!!!

Yeah we let that one get away. At home too. Now we need to steal one this sunday. Imma be on the road too. Gotta give my boy a ride back to michigan sunday so ill be on syrius radio listening to everything. Prolly dvr sparty vs da turtles.

Hows my cousin gonna join then vanish? Lil fucker. Lucky fucker got a miggy auto baseball card. He better not sell it. Sell the max but not the miggy or bob gibson

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price signed and crickets? Hmmm, Come on Maxie POO!!!!!! Make some noise!!!!

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price signed and crickets? Hmmm, Come on Maxie POO!!!!!! Make some noise!!!!

Here's your noise Muzz 180 mil for seven years from Washington