• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Detroit Lions at Dallas Cowboys Wilcard

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. If we beat the Packers this week and then next week beat Detroit exactly how we did today in round 2, the Detroit win would be bigger. Winning a playoff game is a very big deal, especially for teams like Dallas is right now with some obvious weaknesses.

Well of course it would be "bigger" because you'd advance to the NFCCG. But that doesn't make Detroit a better opponent than the Packers.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well of course it would be "bigger" because you'd advance to the NFCCG. But that doesn't make Detroit a better opponent than the Packers.

If you can show me one Cowboy fan that said otherwise I will back you on everything you say in this thread from this point on....

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a playoff win...is a playoff win.

You have now switched from saying Dallas' win is not impressive because DET hasn't won much to now saying it is because of a flag.

Pathetic.

Putting words in my mouth. I didn't say it was because of a flag. The flag played a part, but in the end, Detroit did what they do, and found a way to lose the game. You don't blow a 14 point lead in a playoff game...Unless you're Detroit.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can show me one Cowboy fan that said otherwise I will back you on everything you say in this thread from this point on....

Of course they didn't, because they know the Packers are better. And it will be a better win if they somehow pull that off.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not arguing the fact that that whole flag/flag picked up was bad.

but face guarding is not a penalty

Face guarding while a hand is grabbing your face mask is also not PI, it is a penalty on the offensive player.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no one did. He has made so many stupid comments that now he is just moving the goalposts.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one did. He has made so many stupid comments that now he is just moving the goalposts.

Where are these stupid comments? I wish I could just have a normal debate with you guys, but that doesn't seem possible.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly it's impossible to decipher what you are trying to debate at this point

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are these stupid comments? I wish I could just have a normal debate with you guys, but that doesn't seem possible.

I already multiquoted a good number of them. Pretty much just look back at your post history, and that will be all the stupid comments.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly it's impossible to decipher what you are trying to debate at this point

His playbook:

1) talk shit about something I don't know
2) when called on that fact that I don't know my ass from hole in the ground...move goal posts
3) when called out on moving goal posts, try the "holier than thou" route of "wish we could have adult conversation"...as if I have any room to stand on

rinse and repeat.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His playbook:

1) talk shit about something I don't know
2) when called on that fact that I don't know my ass from hole in the ground...move goal posts
3) when called out on moving goal posts, try the "holier than thou" route of "wish we could have adult conversation"...as if I have any room to stand on

rinse and repeat.

I've done nothing but debate about how I don't see how this is that big of a win for Dallas. One misunderstanding and I don't know what I'm talking about? I just don't get it. Why can't we just talk?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've done nothing but debate about how I don't see how this is that big of a win for Dallas. One misunderstanding and I don't know what I'm talking about? I just don't get it. Why can't we just talk?

Because what you want to talk about is two things:

1) The holding call when Dallas RB was pulled down from behind was wrong because that is legal (you are dead wrong)
and 2) the Dallas win isn't impressive because Detroit hasn't won much recently...and now it appears you want to say the win isn't impressive because GB is better than Detroit

It is impossible to debate with someone who is stupid, since you will just drag me down to your level and then beat me with experience.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is nothing to talk about. You are saying it isn't a big win for the Cowboys and thats just ludicrous! Cowboys didn't chose to play Detroit, thats how the teams were seeded based on the regular season. They played the team in front of them and they won the first round playoff game. That makes it a huge win, they get to play another game and still are in the tournament. Cowboys spotted Detroit 14 points and won, huge comeback. Big time win, now do us all a favor and STFU

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You call me stupid because I disagree with you?

No. I call you stupid because you don't know the rules, you lie and say "i was kidding" when that is pointed out, you are making up stupid reasons to belittle Dallas and our fans, and you have yet to make any rational or coherent point.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing to talk about. You are saying it isn't a big win for the Cowboys and thats just ludicrous! Cowboys didn't chose to play Detroit, thats how the teams were seeded based on the regular season. They played the team in front of them and they won the first round playoff game. That makes it a huge win, they get to play another game and still are in the tournament. Cowboys spotted Detroit 14 points and won, huge comeback. Big time win, now do us all a favor and STFU

I didn't say it wasn't a big win for the Cowboys. It is. Any playoff win for the Cowboys is a huge thing for them. Good for you. Nobody's taking that away. Just saying that it wasn't an impressive win. It will be impressive if you beat Green Bay though.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep sticking your foot in your mouth.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK. The reason it is a big win for Dallas is because it is a playoff game! Any playoff win is huge. Now on top of that, Dallas was expected to be a 6 win team by many, didn't clinch a post season bid until very late, has won 1 playoff game in two decades, was losing 14-0, was still losing very late in the game, has a QB that everyone says cant win an important game, is not a great team so really isn't much better than Detroit, hasn't played great at home, has a reputation around the league as choking, was playing a WR that had 329 yards against them last time they played, doesn't have a very good defense..did I mention it was a playoff game?

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I call you stupid because you don't know the rules, you lie and say "i was kidding" when that is pointed out, you are making up stupid reasons to belittle Dallas and our fans, and you have yet to make any rational or coherent point.

There you go putting words in my mouth again that I didn't say. I never said anything about "kidding." I said I over-exaggerated the rule and didn't make it clear what it was. I know that you can't hold or tackle someone from behind. I just disagree with the call and think that it wasn't the case and it shouldn't have been flagged. Something that never, ever, gets flagged, randomly gets flagged out of nowhere that nobody expected. That's all I'm saying there.

I'm not belittling anybody? I'm just discussing here is all. I've made plenty of rational and coherent points. You just turn around and insult me for no reason. I'm sure others who read this can see my points. I don't know what is bothering you guys and making you be so hostile towards me?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did the Ryan Lindey led Cardinals and the 7-8-1 Carolina Panthers. Your point? Making the playoffs doesn't make you good. There are a few teams that didn't make the playoffs that are better than those 2.
Certainly not the Dolphins.

:pound: