• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit game notes

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love these game notes Pozz. Thanks for the links.

Now someone make a time machine to get us to sunday night...:rapture:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

HAHHAHA. Go ahead J. York:

49ers CEO Jed York closed Wednesday's fan rally in San Francisco by lightheartedly alluding to last season's postgame handshake between 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh and the Lions' Jim Schwartz: "Give us as much support as possible, and by all means, when you're shaking somebody's hand at the end of the game, don't do it too hard."

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if we will whip out the wham plays again.

1 play we should do is we should disguise the wham block with walker motioning and have alex/kap in the game and fake the handoff with a pass/run option. Detroit might be expecting the run. Just a thought in my head lol

From what I understand, I read it on an article posted on 49ers webzone I think, the Rams tried to use the wham blocks and Detroit was ready for it and blew up the plays.

That well is dry.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be my first 9ers game. We'll be right behind the 9ers end zone where they come out of the tunnel. Let me know if anyone else is going.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season, against the Lions, the 49ers went into the game with only these WR: Crabtree, Ginn, and K. Williams. (Morgan had the broken foot and Edwards....don't remember what was wrong)

This Sunday: Crabtree, Moss, Manningham, and k. Williams.(possibly Ginn or Jenkins too)

I like our chances this week....

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season, against the Lions, the 49ers went into the game with only these WR: Crabtree, Ginn, and K. Williams. (Morgan had the broken foot and Edwards....don't remember what was wrong)

This Sunday: Crabtree, Moss, Manningham, and k. Williams.(possibly Ginn or Jenkins too)

I like our chances this week....

We also had activated Swain - but, essentially, and to the gist of your point, we had only Ginn & Crabtree as WR's as Williams & Swain had 1 target between them.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ouch. They are expected to be without Delmas as well. That leaves Jacob Lacey, Drayton Florence and Jonte Green at cornerback and Wendling, Coleman and Spievey at safety left for them if my figuring is correct.

Dave Birkett:

Chris Houston is doubtful for Sunday's game vs 49ers, Bill Bentley ruled out.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jim Harbaugh, San Francisco 49ers building something special - NFL.com

"Nobody really thought we had a chance in that game against Green Bay," cornerback Carlos Rogers said. "I hear some of their players saying they let the game go -- that they were the reason for the loss. But we had them off balance. What we did to (Packers quarterback) Aaron Rodgers -- the MVP of this league -- we had him confused. We were in those receivers' faces, jammed them up. We shocked people.

Ha. Really? Seems like this message is being said more and more in sports. It just makes me laugh sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
San Francisco 49ers – Niner Insider Blog – SFGate.com Greg Cosell on Alex Smith: ‘He was decisive, he was efficient’

This is just a very small part of the section on Detroit:

Cosell expects Detroit to use three-wide-receiver sets, which will keep both Bowman and Willis on the field. Last year, Willis and Bowman took turns covering tight end Brandon Pettigrew, who had eight catches for 42 yards and caught a 16-yard touchdown over Willis.

“(Pettigrew is) a big man, but he’s not a terrific mover,” Cosell said. “And, in fact, I went back and looked at the Week 6 game last year that the 49ers won in Detroit. What the 49ers did in the game – they were able to double Calvin Johnson and go man-to-man on Pettigrew with predominantly Willis and sometimes Bowman. Twenty-five snaps in that game — they had Willis 18 times, Bowman 7 times play pure man on Pettigrew.”

** The 49ers will typically double-team Johnson by shading a deep safety his way. How will the Lions counteract it?

Here’s Cosell: “One thing to look for in this game — the Lions are using Calvin Johnson more and more in the slot which puts him on Carlos Rogers. And they’re moving him more. And a lot of times you move wide receivers because you want to prevent the jam. It’s very difficult to jam and disrupt receivers if they’re moving just before the snap.

“I think you’ll see the Lions do that to counteract it because if you get Calvin Johnson with a free release, with his size and stride length, you might be able to get him up on the safety really quickly. And that’s what you’re striving to do. You’d love to get Johnson up on (Donte) Whitner or (Dashon) Goldson real quick.”