• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit game notes

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
TBH, i think it was Crabtree on all 4 conversions...

Ray Ray got the sack on the play where Stafford got down but got up again(didn't blow whistle) then Aldon hauled his ass in. After the challenge, they marked him down earlier than what was spotted.

i'm pretty sure that sack was Aldon Smith after the replay? it was MacDonald if the play had stood.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few random thoughts on Detroit -

6) Overall I see this as a favorable match-up for us and with the faithful in the stands I predict a 27-17 victory!

Me thinks that Bem guy is kinda smart - (Okay, kinda lucky ;) ) Not a bad prediction though.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers Blog and Q&A: Bell-ringer: Harbaugh cites Crabtree, toughness in win over Lions

With the 49ers in their nickel - five-defensive back -- defense throughout the game, the Lions leaned on their ground attack more than usual, running the ball 26 times. It was only moderately successful as they were held to 82 yards and a 3.2-yard average. Defensive coordinator Vic Fangio said he was happy Detroit took that approach.

"Every handoff is one less throw to 81," he said

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From Lowell Cohn.

COHN: 49ers have become the class of the NFL | PressDemocrat.com

But I wanted confirmation. Jim Harbaugh — Harbaugh the Vague and Evasive — was answering postgame questions at his postgame presser in his usual vague way when I asked if Smith called two plays in the huddle and sometimes killed the first play.

Harbaugh eyeballed me as only he can eyeball a media pest. And then he said, “Yes.” The coach actually answered a direct question and gave away a tiny fraction of what he calls “scheme,” and to him scheme is the holy of holies and he never talks about it. Except this time he did. Yes, he said.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being at the game was intense. There were a lot more Lions fans than i expected, but they got shit from just about everybody. I even spotted one guy wearing a Lion's Charlie Batch jersey. We gave him some shit for that as well.

All in all it was a great experience. Everyone was pumped for the game and due to the fact that i lost my voice before half time i felt i did my part as far as the noise goes.

Some interesting notes that i noticed from watch it live:

Tarell Brown looked like he was on Megatron most of the night. I was impressed with how good he looked against him. The size difference was unbelievable, but i liked what i saw from the match up for the most part.

That hit Whitner laid on Pettigrew was massive. That was easily the biggest hit of the game and the only one that really stood out to me.

Everything seems a lot smaller in person. 10 yards doesn't seem like shit.

My buddy stayed behind and starting chanting for Matt Maiocco until he went and talked to him. I missed it unfortunately, but i heard it from everybody else in our group.

Last edited by a moderator: