• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit game notes

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ahmad*Brooks took the long way toward being a star linebacker - Dennis Dillon - SI.com

Until last year, Brooks was virtually unknown, even inside the Bay Area. And much of the information about him that did drift out was of a negative nature.

What?

----

If there's one thing Fangio wants to see Brooks improve this season, it's his pass rush. Specifically, Fangio would like to see more consistency in that area. Sunday's game against Green Bay was a good first step in that direction.

"I wouldn't necessarily say I've been working on my moves a lot, but I've been working on my hand placement, my bull rush," Brooks said. "Just trying to find something that works for me."

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if we will whip out the wham plays again.

1 play we should do is we should disguise the wham block with walker motioning and have alex/kap in the game and fake the handoff with a pass/run option. Detroit might be expecting the run. Just a thought in my head lol

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wonder if we will whip out the wham plays again.

1 play we should do is we should disguise the wham block with walker motioning and have alex/kap in the game and fake the handoff with a pass/run option. Detroit might be expecting the run. Just a thought in my head lol

I think the Niners will throw in the wham play a little bit but I think there will be more outside running.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Niners will throw in the wham play a little bit but I think there will be more outside running.

Good point, man its nice knowing we have a competent coaching staff that actually game plans and throws new wrinkles and surpises at the other team. Such a nice change from the Singletary-Raye time. Man those were horrible.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We need to improve on Backside protection/blocking! The Lions have speed on the outside!! Go 49ers!!

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The handshake breakdown

Interesting read and confirmed what I always thought that it really wasn't anyone's fault and more of a misunderstanding.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week, Palmer is playing the role of Titus Young while Thomas will take some snaps as Stefan Logan. Meanwhile, at 6-0, 192 pounds, Jenkins certainly doesn't have Johnson's size of strength. But it's worth noting that last year Johnson was played by Joe Hastings in the run up to the Lions game and that the 49ers mostly kept the receiver under control. (7-113, no TDs)

Lol @ being so dominant that 7-113 is being held in check. I agree with the sentiment because his receptions were never strung together very much but it's still amusing.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1