• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit @ Chicago rematch

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling the Bears are looking to get revenge at home this weekend. They got beat down last time and will want to hit us early and often. Their offensive weapons worry me, not so much their D.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if I were a neutral observer, the game would be a tossup at best.. I think the Lions matchups very well to the Bears when both teams are healthy, and I think the Lions should be favored to win this one..

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that line threw me as well, it makes no sense. They have identical records and its in chicago, its not like the lions have dominated anybody this year so I dont get it...

Last I checked was the opening w/ Det favored by 3. as of sat morning 12:00 am looks more like a pick'em game.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should win this game. Cutler won't be 100%. Briggs is out. The Bears D looked like garbage against the Wallace led Pack. I don't necessarily think the Lions a better team than the Bears, but they sure as hell should be a better team than them this weekend. I can't overemphasize how big this game is. Look at the rest of the division. The blood is in the water. Now is the time to take control. I don't want to hear about Rodgers being out.. Matt Flynn anyone ? ...or our "easy" schedule which includes in addition to the Pack a Bucs team that nearly won in Seattle last week, an Eagles team that absolutely crushed Oakland at their place. There are no walkovers in the NFL except for the Jags and we don't get to play them. Good teams win games like this. We'll find out if the Lions are a good team Sunday.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point spread is determined by amount of bets placed on the 2 teams.
Seems the bettors are taking Staffords past play in CHI. into consideration when betting . He hasn't played his best here. And the forecast is calling for shitty weather. The wind will be blowing, so make sure he packs an extra set of gloves.:lol:, sorry I couldn't pass that 1 up.
You guys should be favored, if not just for being the healthier team, your O going against our D . Our D is pathetic right now. But our O seems to be improving weekly.
As for the conversation about a big game or not . It's huge game for division lead right now ( especially w/ A Rod out a few weeks ), but there's still a half of season to play.
I always look at who's healthy & playing well the last 4 weeks of the season. Before making any SB predictions.
Just hoping for a good clean game.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no fun if the Bears fans won't talk trash so we can respond!

Agree, with Ansah out I think this is a toss-up in Chicago in November. Those with Reggie Bush in their fantasy leagues can look forward to a big day. Those with Megatron will need to hope for a lot of red zone touchdowns.

K

kengel6

Good football weather for tomorrows game. 45 degrees and partly cloudy. The game will be close, and a field goal will decide this game. Unfortunately, Gould is a far better kicker than Akers, so. . . .

Bears 27
Lions 24

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wind will be blowing, so make sure he packs an extra set of gloves.

The only thing sure to blow tomorrow is Cutler, so male Bears fans should pack some extra Penicillin and Herpicin.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would feel better if the defense was healthy.

Ansah is pretty much out. And the nickel and dime CBs are thin due to Bentley being hurt. At Least the number of Pass Interference calls should be down with Bentley hurt.

I can't see Cutler going for Chicago I know they announced him ready but a torn groin will limit his mobility and if it is one thing the Lions do well is pressure the QB.

If Cutler goes they will feed the rock to Forte all day long and get him involved on swing routes anything but 3-4 step drops would surprise me.

A close game and if Stafford keeps the turnovers down Detroit should win. If he gets a few balls picked or the Lions blow special teams they lose.

Rob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would feel better if the defense was healthy.

Ansah is pretty much out. And the nickel and dime CBs are thin due to Bentley being hurt. At Least the number of Pass Interference calls should be down with Bentley hurt.

I can't see Cutler going for Chicago I know they announced him ready but a torn groin will limit his mobility and if it is one thing the Lions do well is pressure the QB.

If Cutler goes they will feed the rock to Forte all day long and get him involved on swing routes anything but 3-4 step drops would surprise me.

A close game and if Stafford keeps the turnovers down Detroit should win. If he gets a few balls picked or the Lions blow special teams they lose.

:agree:

Lions gotta limit the run and force Cutler to hold onto the ball long enough for the defense to make him move. As you said, Stafford can't F up too much.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The earlier the Lions make Cutler shit his pants, the better chance they have of winning.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think cutler is playing jdw, afaik. Which means hes probably healthy enough to handle the issue. Each groin pull etc is unique depending on the severity.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no fun if the Bears fans won't talk trash so we can respond!

Agree, with Ansah out I think this is a toss-up in Chicago in November. Those with Reggie Bush in their fantasy leagues can look forward to a big day. Those with Megatron will need to hope for a lot of red zone touchdowns.

The last Bear fan to talk trash (Richig) , got banned from your site. Just sayin.
And just as much as you guys are bashing Jay. You should look at your own QB's performance in Chicago.
He hasn't fared well .
Bush should have huge game. As our D can't stop anything . But I expect CJ (megatron) to have his usual meek day VS Peanut.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing sure to blow tomorrow is Cutler, so male Bears fans should pack some extra Penicillin and Herpicin.

Classy. And may I also say very Intelligent football conversation.
But what else can you expect on the Detroit board.:lame:

Rob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classy. And may I also say very Intelligent football conversation.
But what else can you expect on the Detroit board.:lame:

Ok then. Stafford didn't throw four picks in Chicago because of cold weather. He came back a week too soon from a throwing hand injury. Compound that with the wind and the result was an erratic, Cutler-like performance.

Now what? Should we break down how Forte is going to gash the wide-9 with two or three big screens? The Lions should run the 68-G Lead play tomorrow. Calvin may be healthy and might not have his usual quiet game in Chicago. If the wind does blow Rookie Sam Martin might boot a high punt 70 yards ( with the wind). That is, of course, if the Lions get stopped.

Go Lions.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GTFOH with that mess bro. Do you want us to put on dresses and discuss this game over tea? It's Lions-Bears week brah! We hate you. You hate us. Shit isn't gonna be classy, especially on our own board.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last Bear fan to talk trash (Richig) , got banned from your site. Just sayin.

Not even close. At all. Not even a little, tiny, microscopic bit.

That asshole was one of the biggest trolls we've had to date. He came over the week of the first Lions-Bears match-up and started trolling random threads that didn't involve the game at all, then stayed for almost a full week after the game before we finally got tired of it and reported him.

He had several warnings from us that we were going to report him, so he had every chance to stop his behavior without any consequences. Unfortunately for him he chose not to heed any of the warnings, and, therefore, got himself banned from the board.

We're all about some good-natured trash-talk... look at all the shit we give Cuntler. Just don't take it waaaay too far like Richig did, and you'll be just fine. Having Jennifer Love Hugetits as your avatar certainly helps your case as well, imo.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close. At all. Not even a little, tiny, microscopic bit.

That asshole was one of the biggest trolls we've had to date. He came over the week of the first Lions-Bears match-up and started trolling random threads that didn't involve the game at all, then stayed for almost a full week after the game before we finally got tired of it and reported him.

He had several warnings from us that we were going to report him, so he had every chance to stop his behavior without any consequences. Unfortunately for him he chose not to heed any of the warnings, and, therefore, got himself banned from the board.

We're all about some good-natured trash-talk... look at all the shit we give Cuntler. Just don't take it waaaay too far like Richig did, and you'll be just fine. Having Jennifer Love Hugetits as your avatar certainly helps your case as well, imo.

:lol: Not much of a trsh talker. But a good win for you guys.
If you guys don't have a total ca lapse, good luck in playoffs . Doubt we make with the way CAR. NO. SF SEA. are playing.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge win for detroit besting a first place division opponent on the road!