• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit @ Chicago rematch

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*one, wow that was retarded.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the home field advantage will play a role in this one.

I think Bears will win a close one. Lions won in Detroit, Bears win in Chicago.

I'm not sure which team is better, I think on any given day both the Bears and Lions could be a very scary team. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. I don't usually get excited for NFL games, but this one will be fun to watch.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope they don't go to soldier field and shit the bed!

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to win on T-day against GB more, but this one would help big time too. Win both and split the 2 games in bewteen and we are in the drivers seat unless GB wins all 3 games prior to T-day. We would only have to match GB and CHI in the final 4 games to win the division at that point.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winner would be in first place for sure regardless of green bays game, I believe since they would have identical division records.

Well the reason I said 2nd for sure bc if we win GB still beat us in the first matchup so they'd hold that tie breaker at this point. I may be wrong that's just how I interpreted it.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of interesting things going on here. Most interesting to me is the line. Detroit is -3 @ Chicago. I had to do a triple-take. Detroit favored in Chicago? By 3?? I don't care if Vince Evans is back under center for the Bears, that's significant. Especially with the Bears just beating the Packers. When was the last time Detroit was favored in Chicago? Ever? Certainly a positive for Lions fans.

The scheduling is also interesting. At first glance, the Bears got a raw deal from the schedule-makers. They have to bounce back from a Monday night Packer game while Detroit was home resting on a bye. As a Lions fan, however, I'm a little nervous about it: Dramatic win + an extra week to bask in dramatic win + an opponent whose ass you've already kicked = Not a good thing.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is actually a big game for us. I know some people throw that around all year for various games, but this one is genuinely huge. It is not quite a must win, but it is definitely a strong win. Our playoff picture if we win vs if we lose is going to be drastically different. Now I drink the Honolulu Blue Kool Aid by the barrel but this game scares me. Not because it is the Bears, seriously fuck the Bears, but the significance of the game. This is the type of game I have watched the Lions blow all my life. I cannot remember the last time the Lions won a game of this magnitude.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the reason I said 2nd for sure bc if we win GB still beat us in the first matchup so they'd hold that tie breaker at this point. I may be wrong that's just how I interpreted it.

Right but chicago wins they would be in first for sure since they would hold tie breaker on GB. But now i get what you are saying.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is actually a big game for us. I know some people throw that around all year for various games, but this one is genuinely huge. It is not quite a must win, but it is definitely a strong win. Our playoff picture if we win vs if we lose is going to be drastically different. Now I drink the Honolulu Blue Kool Aid by the barrel but this game scares me. Not because it is the Bears, seriously fuck the Bears, but the significance of the game. This is the type of game I have watched the Lions blow all my life. I cannot remember the last time the Lions won a game of this magnitude.

Of course this is a big game..

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of interesting things going on here. Most interesting to me is the line. Detroit is -3 @ Chicago. I had to do a triple-take. Detroit favored in Chicago? By 3?? I don't care if Vince Evans is back under center for the Bears, that's significant. Especially with the Bears just beating the Packers. When was the last time Detroit was favored in Chicago? Ever? Certainly a positive for Lions fans.

The scheduling is also interesting. At first glance, the Bears got a raw deal from the schedule-makers. They have to bounce back from a Monday night Packer game while Detroit was home resting on a bye. As a Lions fan, however, I'm a little nervous about it: Dramatic win + an extra week to bask in dramatic win + an opponent whose ass you've already kicked = Not a good thing.

Yeah that line threw me as well, it makes no sense. They have identical records and its in chicago, its not like the lions have dominated anybody this year so I dont get it...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears 37-24.

Out of curiosity, what was your prediction the first time they played this year? I have a hunch you predicted the Bears in that game as well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey it's just my guess. We're at home and we need it to even up and split this year's games.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason the Bears are 3 point underdogs at home is because they suck.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scary thing is, Washington was favored at Minny tonight. Took an early lead, held it, took it to the half, built on it early in the second. Then they knocked a shitty starter out of the game.... And lost. Key will be to smack JC around, but not enough where his coaches will be convinced when he asks to come out of the game.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's enough that McNoun won't get all the reps in practice.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting Quitler to give up will be the key to an easy Lions victory. Two hits from Fairley or Suh ought to do the trick.