• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Destiny

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I haven't but I'll for sure look it up, thanks for the heads up!

:suds:

I think if you get Game of The Year editions you can get all the expansions for free.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just downloaded a digital copy. Have you guys heard about anyone being banned for having two consoles play on the digital copy at the same time? That's how I plan on playing with my buddy but the first paragraph in the game TOS says this isn't allowed...

xbox one? My buddy are doing it....and there are countless others doing it. (see a post of mine a few pages back)

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally made vanguard lvl 1. Level 19 and just now vanguard level 1. Good grief.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go play through the strikes you have already passed. They are actually (kinda) part of the story. And you can't talk to anybody you team with without jumping through 4-5 extra steps anyways. The multiplayer will in no way ruin the single player campaign for you. The only reason not to do it, is because after you heat the story all there is to do is run the multiplayer missions over and over. Or do patrol missions like you're about to do over and over. The crucible multiplayer PvP has become pure cheese. 95% of players just run around and one or two shot you with shotguns and fusion rifles. I played PvP for a few hours today and was shot with a primary weapon maybe 5 times total. And you really see which supers are way overpowered. You pretty much can't kill a titan defender in their bubble. They can stand in my flame or vortex grenade and I can he headshotting them the entire time and then go hit them with my melee too, and they sit there with full health. Only thing that can kill them in their bubble is the arcblade hunters. Which kills everything it sees for 10 seconds. Because the golden gun wasn't too OP I guess.

They say the game doesn't really start until you hit level 20, but it sure doesn't seem to last long after you hit 20 either. I'm still having fun doing some stuff but a lot of this is getting boring.
I think the only strike mission I haven't played yet is the one on Earth. Although when I wrote that I hadn't done any of them. After completing those ones I went from a level 14 to level 16.
I turned lvl 19 last night and we are about to start the Mars missions. Did the strike on the Moon, much easier than the earth one.

The thing I hate about the strikes is that we always lose our third player. Luckily the 16 that was with us (we were both 18) sucked and dropped after a few times he died. Then an 18 joined in.

I haven't found losing the 3rd player as annoying as not realizing when new waves of the smaller guys are coming especially if they're invisible. It's also kind of dumb if you throw a grenade (with the ability for the blast to follow the enemy) and the enemy teleports 5 feet from the bomb it completely stops following the guy and ends up being a waste.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally made vanguard lvl 1. Level 19 and just now vanguard level 1. Good grief.

I'm 21 and not even level 1 vanguard. There's too many different things to collect and worry about. I'm not even sure really how to get that, other than doing the bounty missions.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 21 and not even level 1 vanguard. There's too many different things to collect and worry about. I'm not even sure really how to get that, other than doing the bounty missions.

Doing patrol missions and bounties are the best ways to increase your faction levels. You can also turn in resources (you can turn in 50 at a time to the vendor to increase your rep).

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have intentionally taken a couple days off. I knew in my head going in that I am a casual gamer now days and have other commitments. Although I can shuffle stuff around or procrastinate on a he'll of a lot of stuff to make a lot of time. But somehow even knowing that ahead of time i started to get in the mindset of a competitive gamer. I enjoyed the heck out of putting 80 hours into a game in two days, but I get addicted to stuff like this too easy and had to make myself take a step back.

Looks like Bungie has listened to a lot of complaints though and has publicly addressed them. They are adding in game chat to all strike missions and crucible matches within your team. And want to add local proximity chat as well, but are still trying to figure out how to do it and limit abuse. They are adjusting some weapons upwards and downwards, and have already "nerfed" the loot cave and the crota mission farming. Supposedly they adjusted the loot drops upwards in other areas, and are going to do something with the cryptarch and tightening up the RNG a bit.

Good news all around I think. Especially since I bought the edition that already included the first expansion pack for whenever that releases. So I guess I'm already committed to playing for a while.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy heck the exotic bounties are ridiculous. I have to get 500 void damage in PVP now and I only have one void weapon and kills count as 5 and dying for any reason is -2. I might never get this weapon unless I get good at PVP

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed the heck out of putting 80 hours into a game in two days, but I get addicted to stuff like this too easy and had to make myself take a step back.

That is pretty impressive, E.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finished the campaign last night and it was awful. Storyline was nonexistent and all you did was face waves of enemies that are insanely easy to defeat by simply backing up a bit. What was bungie working on for the last decade? Strike missions are fun as hell and PvP isn't bad, but I was really expecting an indepth, compelling campaign and that couldn't be further from what it was. Between this and halo:odst bungie'so last two games have been disappointing.

Last edited by a moderator:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finished the campaign last night and it was awful. Storyline was nonexistent and all you did was face waves of enemies that are insanely easy to defeat by simply backing up a bit. What was bungie working on for the last decade? Strike missions are fun as hell and PvP isn't bad, but I was really expecting an indepth, compelling campaign and that couldn't be further from what it was. Between this and halo:odst bungie'so last two games have been disappointing.

I think I finished the story line a few nights ago, not really sure. I got the blue gun from the chick guardian.

Still haven't done PvP, normally not a big fan of that stuff. The story was easy, but that was likely because I did bounties and side missions until I was 20 and then did the story mode. I've decided to go Vanguard, so will probably be doing a lot of the big strikes. Right now just trying to get some freaking light so I can get over level 20. I have all rare armor except the boots, all maxed out, and I'm still at only +19 light.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have intentionally taken a couple days off. I knew in my head going in that I am a casual gamer now days and have other commitments. Although I can shuffle stuff around or procrastinate on a he'll of a lot of stuff to make a lot of time. But somehow even knowing that ahead of time i started to get in the mindset of a competitive gamer. I enjoyed the heck out of putting 80 hours into a game in two days, but I get addicted to stuff like this too easy and had to make myself take a step back.

Looks like Bungie has listened to a lot of complaints though and has publicly addressed them. They are adding in game chat to all strike missions and crucible matches within your team. And want to add local proximity chat as well, but are still trying to figure out how to do it and limit abuse. They are adjusting some weapons upwards and downwards, and have already "nerfed" the loot cave and the crota mission farming. Supposedly they adjusted the loot drops upwards in other areas, and are going to do something with the cryptarch and tightening up the RNG a bit.

Good news all around I think. Especially since I bought the edition that already included the first expansion pack for whenever that releases. So I guess I'm already committed to playing for a while.

That has been something I wondered about, when doing the 3 person strikes...can the third person not in my actual fireteam (not green) hear my buddy and I?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The game is fun, but they definitely set unrealistic expectations. I'm still hopefully they will upgrade the game with future content.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I finished the story line a few nights ago, not really sure. I got the blue gun from the chick guardian.

Still haven't done PvP, normally not a big fan of that stuff. The story was easy, but that was likely because I did bounties and side missions until I was 20 and then did the story mode. I've decided to go Vanguard, so will probably be doing a lot of the big strikes. Right now just trying to get some freaking light so I can get over level 20. I have all rare armor except the boots, all maxed out, and I'm still at only +19 light.

Do the Queen's missions/story. The helmet & body armor are +18 each I believe.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That has been something I wondered about, when doing the 3 person strikes...can the third person not in my actual fireteam (not green) hear my buddy and I?

If you are in a "party" no. They have to be in the party with you in order to hear you.

However, if you're just in a fireteam together - I would assume so. (or that's what they are working on anyways)

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The social aspects of this game are so far beyond screwed up that it's hard to even explain.

At least on the ps4, I don't know how it works on xbox, but invites are handled through the console, so I have to push my console button and leave the game for a few seconds to accept a friend request or a party invitation. Stupid.

You can change your settings for grouping, but they return to default every time you play. And the default is that friends can join you anytime. I have accepted a double handful of friend requests from random people so that I could do the heroic missions on harder difficulty and the nightfall strike. Now even when I log in and just want to play solo for a while, any and all of those people can just join my fireteam without asking me and start chatting in my ear. Not a huge deal to me, but a definite wtf decision.

No, people on Strikes and Crucible teams with you can't hear your voice chat unless they are invited to and join your fireteam (which again men's leaving the game and going to the console).

Biggest WTF I have seen so far though is when 3 of us joined a fireteam and we're doing missions. We decided (well they wanted to and I just went along with the decision) to have some fun in the crucible mic'd up so we could communicate. First game we dominated. Second game was going along nicely, they would announce incoming to various points (we were playing control) and sure enough when I got there there were always people. About halfway through though the enemy captured all 3 areas. And at the same time I said "wow we got crushed this game, can't believe we're losing so bad." And one of them said "Easy game. We already got this in the bag." I tried to correct him that we were losing, but he insisted we were winning. So next time I died instead of just flashing through it, I looked at the scoreboard, and they had split us up onto separate teams. I couldn't even talk to people on my own team, but teaming up so i could talk doesn't even put you 9 the same team.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The social aspects of this game are so far beyond screwed up that it's hard to even explain.

At least on the ps4, I don't know how it works on xbox, but invites are handled through the console, so I have to push my console button and leave the game for a few seconds to accept a friend request or a party invitation. Stupid.

You can change your settings for grouping, but they return to default every time you play. And the default is that friends can join you anytime. I have accepted a double handful of friend requests from random people so that I could do the heroic missions on harder difficulty and the nightfall strike. Now even when I log in and just want to play solo for a while, any and all of those people can just join my fireteam without asking me and start chatting in my ear. Not a huge deal to me, but a definite wtf decision.

No, people on Strikes and Crucible teams with you can't hear your voice chat unless they are invited to and join your fireteam (which again men's leaving the game and going to the console).

Biggest WTF I have seen so far though is when 3 of us joined a fireteam and we're doing missions. We decided (well they wanted to and I just went along with the decision) to have some fun in the crucible mic'd up so we could communicate. First game we dominated. Second game was going along nicely, they would announce incoming to various points (we were playing control) and sure enough when I got there there were always people. About halfway through though the enemy captured all 3 areas. And at the same time I said "wow we got crushed this game, can't believe we're losing so bad." And one of them said "Easy game. We already got this in the bag." I tried to correct him that we were losing, but he insisted we were winning. So next time I died instead of just flashing through it, I looked at the scoreboard, and they had split us up onto separate teams. I couldn't even talk to people on my own team, but teaming up so i could talk doesn't even put you 9 the same team.

I'm running it on PS3. I am pretty sure I can hit start, hit L1 to go over a screen and see my friends and then the people who are on that level/world with me and I can hit X while hover over their name and add them. I thought I saw that option, haven't actually done it though.