• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Destiny

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you confirm this? I've actually been looking into this lately and haven't found anything conclusive.

Wish I could thumb this up more, gonna save so much money!

Can confirm that it works. Both of us played it last night... multiplayer too.

The crucible is frustrating. I'm a 13 going up against level 20s....it's bullshit

Same. I'm tired of turning the corner...getting the jump on a guy...and him 1 shot-ing me into oblivion.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've found wizards to be easy. You just run up close, hit them them with the shotgun a couple times, and maybe give 'em a melee. Trying to play it safe and get them at a distance just takes a lot of ammo and time.
Yeah, thats the strategy most of the time. Clean out the trash from distance, get in close and shotgun/melee/grenade/titan super the boss. Everyone except the Gatelord who adds way too much trash. Died 3 times before I realized that I could just back away and snipe him pretty easily.

Scout Rifle is definitely my favorite weapon but if I ever find a great Handcannon I can see switching to that because of the damage difference

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like 5-6 minutes maybe. It wouldn't have taken much more than that to do better than they did.

Yeah, it's pretty stereotypical -- it's been in 1000 games by now. Aliens invaded earth, but there's a good alien. We need to help the good alien to save earth. For your first mission, and subsequent 100 missions, go into such and such layer, find the boss, kill him and bring some artifact back to town. Rinse and repeat.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this, after spending the weekend playing a lot more of the missions with my friend, that is a much better way to experience the game. But IMO it's no different than playing co-op in Halo. Same kind of fun. The actual story or the mission objectives don't necessarily get more fun.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so I broke through level 10 and now almost level 12 after last night. Starting to get hooked on the game as I figure out what is going on. A little pissed about spinmetal. Spent the first week gathering the stuff, then not realizing there was a difference turned it in to the wrong guy and got nothing but glimmer for it. DAMNIT.

I've tried playing solo, but that is boring. Way more fun with a friend. I'm still a little annoyed that the missions end up taking you down a cave or tunnel and funneling you into a main boss. I'd prefer harder bosses with wide open areas. That said, there was one level, the level 8 mission on Earth that required 3 players to launch that was insanely fun. There were like 3 tough bosses with the last spider looking one on an open area so my buddy and I were able to be on different sides of the screen and engage the boss. That was more to my liking, rather than just running around a small room as you try to survive an assload of little guys. Also wasn't thrilled that our 3rd person bailed on us 5 minutes into the first boss.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so I broke through level 10 and now almost level 12 after last night. Starting to get hooked on the game as I figure out what is going on. A little pissed about spinmetal. Spent the first week gathering the stuff, then not realizing there was a difference turned it in to the wrong guy and got nothing but glimmer for it. DAMNIT.

I've tried playing solo, but that is boring. Way more fun with a friend. I'm still a little annoyed that the missions end up taking you down a cave or tunnel and funneling you into a main boss. I'd prefer harder bosses with wide open areas. That said, there was one level, the level 8 mission on Earth that required 3 players to launch that was insanely fun. There were like 3 tough bosses with the last spider looking one on an open area so my buddy and I were able to be on different sides of the screen and engage the boss. That was more to my liking, rather than just running around a small room as you try to survive an assload of little guys. Also wasn't thrilled that our 3rd person bailed on us 5 minutes into the first boss.

That wasnt a mission...that was a "strike". Strikes require 3 people.

Raids require 6. I just watched a few streams on the "vault of glass" raid...and Holy Fuck does it appear hard.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they would've been better off just ditching the story missions and just tripling the strike missions. I enjoyed about half of the story missions to the point where I'll replay them on much harder difficulties.

I'm also playing the Defender in the post game content and I must say that its difficult to play this class without being mic'd in. You don't get your Force Barrier without a melee kill and there are many times where there isnt much to kill with your melee in a strike so your teammates have to leave them for you or else you are playing without a free overshield. It also helps if you run with a melee hunter because they can get near full immunity from the bubble and just stab some of the bosses for a good chunk of damage.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I still think the missions leave a lot to be desired. I really wish they had left missions "on top" of the map rather than making you go into tunnels. They needed to have wide open maps and areas where missions take place and where bosses always are (like WOW). If someone lower happens to wonder into those areas, they get killed by the much more powerful boss.

And, as I've been saying, they need a far more active weapons/armor/gear market. More stuff dropped, the ability to trade and to at least know what you want to work for. The "grind" is fun because you should know what awesome weapon you want. Or awesome helmet you want. And so on.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they would've been better off just ditching the story missions and just tripling the strike missions. I enjoyed about half of the story missions to the point where I'll replay them on much harder difficulties.

I'm also playing the Defender in the post game content and I must say that its difficult to play this class without being mic'd in. You don't get your Force Barrier without a melee kill and there are many times where there isnt much to kill with your melee in a strike so your teammates have to leave them for you or else you are playing without a free overshield. It also helps if you run with a melee hunter because they can get near full immunity from the bubble and just stab some of the bosses for a good chunk of damage.

Yeah, I'm really hoping they build some mic system into the game so you can communicate with people around you -- even if you're not linked with them in any way. There's just little things in this game that make it a 7 rather than a 10. But they could certainly fix them and I'm hopeful they will -- at least some.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I still think the missions leave a lot to be desired. I really wish they had left missions "on top" of the map rather than making you go into tunnels. They needed to have wide open maps and areas where missions take place and where bosses always are (like WOW). If someone lower happens to wonder into those areas, they get killed by the much more powerful boss.

And, as I've been saying, they need a far more active weapons/armor/gear market. More stuff dropped, the ability to trade and to at least know what you want to work for. The "grind" is fun because you should know what awesome weapon you want. Or awesome helmet you want. And so on.

I hear you about wandering into the wrong place. There is a guy underground in the Old Russia Cosmodrome area that I ran into at level 13 and he handed me and my buddy our asses before we could even see that his power was "???". Of course we were pissed so loaded up our rocket launchers and power strikes and went back. Unloaded everything on him and didn't move the bar. OOPS.

I have heard there will be an update with a market for sales and trading, the developers didn't want to do that from day 1. Wanted to see how activity was going be. Hope it comes soon, sucks having to breakdown decent stuff when my buddy could use it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm really hoping they build some mic system into the game so you can communicate with people around you -- even if you're not linked with them in any way. There's just little things in this game that make it a 7 rather than a 10. But they could certainly fix them and I'm hopeful they will -- at least some.

Yeah, it would be nice to tell the level 4 guy who is standing at a spot I'm using to level up to "freaking move so they will respawn".

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear they are supposed to have proximity mic system so you can (hopefully optionally) hear nearby players. I'm always mic'd in but most people (90%+) aren't.

If you unlock subclasses, they unlock for all characters so if you start a new character, you can pick Bladedancer, Defender or Sunsinger right from the start. Thats pretty nice.

The PVP is really good in this except for 2 things: lag from the netcode and a high difficulty curve. The high difficulty curve is also a good thing because it means that playing it is actually a skill unlike Call of Duty but it means that getting into the PVP in the first place is pretty daunting. Thankfully they still give lots of Crucible points even if you lose. I really dont see the weapon imbalance I hear about on the forums but everyone and their mom plays Hunter. Hunter's die easily, too, so I can't complain too much. I'm having a decent amount of fun with the PVP which is good because they really force you to do it at the end game for a lot of the good gear.

GameInformer gave Destiny an 8.8 and Im a very big fan of the game but I think thats as high as I would go with the grade as well. Its definitely a shell of an epic game and not the whole epic game. The buzz on the internet is that the Guardians *are* the darkness and that everyone is really the bad guy. I dont think its true but its really a sign of how generic the story is where you dont even know if you're playing a good character or an evil character.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care for the PvP. I like it sometimes and have fun for one or two matches. But the truth is I'm just not very good at twitch games, which means on a really good game I might be 3rd from last but most games I am the worst player. They really need some for of ranking and matchmaking so shifty players play against only other shifty players. I mean there is a chance I am just the absolute worst player in all of Destiny, but I think it's more likely I'm "just" in the bottom 10-20% so eve. The average player always kicks my ass. I would gladly wait 3-5 minutes instead of 20-30 seconds if it meant more even matchmaking.

Mostly all I'm doing now is playing the same strikes over and over. I play weird hours and different times a every day, and none of my real life friends have a ps4, Destiny, and the same play hours as me. And not being able to hear the people in the strikes with you even, I haven't made any friends in game yet. There is basically no social interaction at all. Which all means I haven't done any of the weekly missions, have solo'd some, but not all, daily missions and haven't and won't even attempted the nightfall or raids.

End game is wearing off quickly when it's just strikes over and over. They are still kinda fun, but I have done all of them 5+ times now. Psion flay dancers or w/e are still a pain, but the rest of that one is the easiest. Phogoth is the easiest boss, but those crazy adds and the set-up of the level means it can spiral nearly out of control pretty fast. The tank is annoying and the adds on that boss with shields annoy the crap out of me. And the Nexus can go from easily in hand to a team wipe in just seconds if the other two players in your group don't pay attention and you get swarmed from all sides by adds all at once while grouped up. Spider Tank and Servitor are the easiest bosses, but that beginning with all of the Hive and Fallen could be the hardest defend the node action in a game full of defend the node. All in all I guess all the strikes are pretty even for me, don't really have a favorite or least favorite anymore.

The level where you get a sword and fuck up some hive guys though is by far the best in the game. Probably just as a change up and because it's so easy. But I love getting that as the daily mission. I guess it's one of 25 missions or so, so should get it at least once a month. Can take that one on at above your level pretty easily.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care for the PvP. I like it sometimes and have fun for one or two matches. But the truth is I'm just not very good at twitch games, which means on a really good game I might be 3rd from last but most games I am the worst player. They really need some for of ranking and matchmaking so shifty players play against only other shifty players. I mean there is a chance I am just the absolute worst player in all of Destiny, but I think it's more likely I'm "just" in the bottom 10-20% so eve. The average player always kicks my ass. I would gladly wait 3-5 minutes instead of 20-30 seconds if it meant more even matchmaking.
I've run into this problem, too. I put in a ton of time in the story and Im level 20 so they are probably matchmaking me with really good PVP players and I'm not at all there yet. Playing AI actually trains you to be a bad PVP player so you have to relearn how to play the game in PVP. I expect to take lumps for my first dozen or so games till i figure out the differences in lag, how players like to react to things and playing with teammates.

My favorite story mission is probably the one where you go on Venus and find the archive with the 'polite AI' and go back and forth fighting waves.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boooo! Did some reading on the game and it turns out you always have to be online to play it, even the solo parts. And while you can do the campaign solo, a good chunk of the story is made to be played with other people. Ugh. I hate playing with other people. I just want a straight offline solo campaign. It can have online co-op, versus modes, etc but it needs offline parts too. I don't want to be surrounded by annoying teenage fucktards every time I want to play a game.

^^^this

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got my subclass unlocked, sucks that I have to give up all my upgrades. Didn't realize how nice grenades and glide were till I didn't have em. For some reason I keep getting the same bounties open to me. I have done the "get 9k xp without dying" three times now. My buddy only got it the one time. So I keep leveling all my weapons up with bounties.

Just noticed that I also have the little strikes area open to us now. I bet that is where the two of us spend most of our time from now on. we usually play 1.5-2 hours each weeknight, so a good long strike would be best for us.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nothing extraordinary, but it is one beautiful game to look at.

Other than that, it's got qualities of other games I enjoy like Borderlands, Halo, and Diablo III, even. I was hoping for some more innovation, but it's still fun to play.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been level 25 for like a week now, and the RNG factor has been killing me. I have enough vanguard and crucible points I could upgrade to full legendary (I have only found 1 legendary piece so far) but don't want to do anything until I get an exotic primary weapon. The other weapons aren't so bad, but hand cannons especially suck to play if you don't get some armor pieces that give you more ammo and faster reload. But I don't want to get legendary gear all upgraded for a hand cannon and then finally get an exotic pulse rifle or something.

This game annoys me tbough with fully random number generators. You hear about people who have found 4-5 exotics primary weapons by now or who are on their 3rd or 4th exotic bounty. People that bought 2 things from Xur in the first week, or who have fully upgraded 3 or more armor pieces already. And I sit here with 7 strange coins so far, only 6 ascended shards, haven't found one exotic bounty or engram or item, and my grand total of r legendary engram has brought me one piece of good stuff.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 8 strange coins, I bought vanguard chest armor and have sense fully upgraded it to 406 defense. I have legendary auto and sniper rifles. I've gotten most stuff from farming the bounties and strike missions, I have only gotten one legendary item off an actual legendary drop.